Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

syscall girl posted:

can't wait for the bendy iphone to trickle down so we can line them up in a moebius strip

if you want a picture of the future, imagine notifications icons illuminating a human face. forever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

oh wait let me check your updates

*reaches into coat*

yeah looks like… 🖕

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Blue Train posted:

works for me

fellas this mobile site has me seeing red

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

OldAlias posted:

lol. never had problems with my SE where I wished I had more ram, wtf are they using their phones for

running java lol

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

infernal machines posted:

no, look, it's right by the steel double doors. he just drives it into the foyer every day

dont dis my dark angel cosplay house

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

This is a fan, for your smartphone

This is a dock, for your smartphone

i didnt ask for this

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

syscall girl posted:

just use smb

use smw, the snes has a much better bit palette

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Plank Walker posted:

nutted but android is still sucking

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

President Beep posted:

it’s not a phone though, it’s a lifestyle

just like living in a dumpster!!!

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

idorand

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

lmao if you've ever bought a sarnsung product other than a television

and also if you've bought a samsung television

i have a nice prewifi and ads model and it is going strong, but lol if the next one will be samsung

meanwhile my refer samsung chrome book with a Linux replacement on it is really good which is kinda funny considering it's one of the cheaper models

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

well, it's really good at running linux, if for some reason you wanted to do that

basically this. i mean its default state is running chromeos so there was nowhere to go but up, and this model doesnt have enough of an efi patch to run win10 yet or it didnt when i swapped to linux

the shocking thing is 1 the sound works fine on this wacky device and 2 the battery life is 3 hours longer than chromeos, an os specifically tailored to chromebooks

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

FistEnergy posted:

is piss resistance a priority

lol wtf is this thread about dyp

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

The Management posted:

google is early 2000’s microsoft. they try to do everything and it’s all terrible

does that make apple pre jobs return, and does that mean jobs will force ghost his way to a third era of apple leadership

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

all iphone cameras now come without the phantasm filter to allow for brighter noncorporeal form photos and a new studio lighting effect that created a freezing house around the viewer

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

elmer chud posted:

it won't be usable, but at least it will be up to date

even slow, its better than a slow unsupported phone and some people have the patience to not notice the speed as long as apps keep working

OldAlias posted:

it definitely will still be usable, not a bad emergency phone candidate

yup. all my old phones are out of support cycles since i cycle the newer ones to family but at this rate everyone will be supported next upgrade and two 5s users dont care about anything newer

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Partycat posted:

the only Chinese android phone spec that matters is how many you can fit in a given dumpster before it goes on fire

i mean the answer is 'one' but that shouldnt discourage anyone from trying more

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

jit bull transpile posted:

In one of my classes there were two blind students and the one guy who always brought Thai obnoxious jet engine sounding Alienware laptop would constantly whine about how the clicking of their braille note-taking thingies was annoying. Nobody liked that guy.

100% accurate for alienware user per all previous experiences

frankly the only time i encountered a person with a gamer laptop that made 'sense' per se was a game dev working on a masters that just liked a portable workstation

Lutha Mahtin posted:

holy poo poo gently caress that fuckin guy. i worked in my college's accessibility office doing test proctoring. my one fellow student was blind and had this kickin rad mini computer thing. it had a refreshable braille display and a crazy court-reporter type keyboard. i would read out their like math test and their hands would fly across the keyboard transcribing all the formatting and stuff. it was amazing. what a tiny bitch to complain about the person working 3x as hard as his nerd rear end

thats super cool and the assistive technology that exists is extremely neat to see in use

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Best Bi Geek Squid posted:

col

p good favourites tray

ive never seen the fifth panel before :prepop:

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

a real miscarriage of a company

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Last Chance posted:

isn't that stuff dead?

that which is a weird linux distro can never die

Furia posted:

Ubuntu touch is still being “community developed”

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Endless Mike posted:

they included a dev option to add notches for developers to simulate arbitrary notches now that everyone is copying them. this is a bug in that.

i believe the term in stage 3 pixel

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Plank Walker posted:

google is shutting down its beloved chat app allo

alol

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Endless Mike posted:

didn't know android maker htc was an apple brownshirt

updates are stored in the balls

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

sir this is the android thread we dont accept pants posts without a minimum of six pockets

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

no, bezels!

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

a few hundo an hour depending

i thought it was fake but wow

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

BangersInMyKnickers posted:

steamlink tech works well enough, I don't see a reason why the same couldn't be hauled across an internet connection

i mean yeah but somehow theyll manage

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

those phones have existed for all of a month too, they're not even going to last the two-year term of a contract

hardware that matches the android support cycle

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

pimp_my_ride.meme

dont text me or my daughter board ever again

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

it is disingenuous to refer to a supposed entity called 'palm' in this context

while true, this tiny loving phone is so irritatingly tempting for my dumb tiny computer obsession

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

ah the raspberry pi branding strategy

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

he must have some sort of future fettishization for folding slabs because that thing looks barely better than the sony dual screen tablet from years ago

i take that back the sony tablet looks better and intentional and has a durable design. it also had more serviceable parts

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

samsung had that with the s8 and went fully stupid instead of keeping a sensible design

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Sagebrush posted:

i got one through that program. remember how its apps were programmed in flash?

this sounds so bizarro but totally a rim thing

palm: lets make our os in webkit and apps will be plain html and css

rim: lets use flash :shepicide:

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Cocoa Crispies posted:

reserved it from my local public library

oooo yeah, gonna read this after i finish the enron book

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

dragonleavings glass

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Partycat posted:

since it’s basically a lumia 520 but android

that lack of front speaker but rather a sound hole or whatever is going to make hearing it annoying if not impossible in some situations

lovely build lovely hardware - yeah I guess if you want to not buy a $600 phone but that’s not a 4 year device by any length .

if it’s all you can afford I guess it is attainable but ugh what trash

thats the kicker in that if you wait a year the previous pixel will cost the same as a refurb from a deal site

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

the a stands for anemic

Agile Vector fucked around with this message at 02:29 on May 9, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

jit bull transpile posted:

iPhone users don't have to use trash like waze because they have apple maps, the world's most advanced phone maps

which also uses waze traffic data, like google maps. they both look and work like a professional gps but with less cartoons