Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
this app made my phone literally explode causing horrible burns in my face. 4 stars out of 5

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poty
Jun 21, 2008

St Evan Echoes posted:

*points at shell* it’s free real estate :smug:

lol

poty
Jun 21, 2008

wow thats some da vinci code poo poo. i think i cracked the code

g9 (galaxy 9) suxx 1 crap

poty
Jun 21, 2008

Blue Train posted:

time to personalize my phone some, so everyone can tell I am a nazi furry

breaking news stop the presses

poty
Jun 21, 2008

The Management posted:

what’s the weather like in 2004?

significantly colder on average

poty
Jun 21, 2008

PleasureKevin posted:

day of apple announcement: "boo boo the notch sucks, lol nice notch you got there crapple"

1 day after apple announcement: "folks we are now well underway in what people are calling the Notch Wars"

how do these people sleep at night

poty
Jun 21, 2008

the chronicles of Gimick

poty
Jun 21, 2008

infernal machines posted:

three cameras, front and rear finger print readers, only $2100

weak sauce. call me when they have three fingerprint readers i dont have time for low-end phones.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

the way to make a phone be more than the sum of its specs is with software

htc uses android so

poty
Jun 21, 2008

Endless Mike posted:

if only there was another option, maybe a device that runs on battery and has always-connected internet? or perhaps something that doesn't need a battery....

its not the dumbest idea itd just be useful once in a million invocations. also i hope the google eavesdropping surveillance device doesnt actually need wifi to play an annoying sound loudly

poty
Jun 21, 2008

guys guys dont fight youre both wrong & dumb. my opinion is

poty
Jun 21, 2008

i run gentoo on my phone. i had to, you wouldnt believe how old gzip was

poty
Jun 21, 2008

President Beep posted:

I don’t want to just play music on my phone. i want to make it too. i guess what im saying is where is my burp and fart piano

its been inside you all along

poty
Jun 21, 2008

im 4.67kb/s

no wait im "analytics" (aka the phone sending google everything you do every 5 seconds)

poty
Jun 21, 2008

qirex posted:

there are almost none of those people in the larger scheme of things, you just happen to know a bunch of them

same thing with the strawman hipster apple fan, these companies sell tens of millions of phones

yup most people dont do research before buying things. they buy a phone by going to the phone store and saying i want a phone

then the salesperson just sells them whatever model has the greatest kickbacks (either for them or their manager/company)

poty
Jun 21, 2008

indigi posted:

oh jeepers creepers, the ghost of Mao is going to declare PPW on me for posting that image of the gucci storefront with the hammer and sickle over it!!

who the gently caress cares if China spies on you, they're not the ones who'll dispatch blackbag NSA or ICE teams to your front door

somebody hasn’t watched 24 season 5

poty
Jun 21, 2008

palm was a good company which made good products. gently caress this sorny bullshit phone

poty
Jun 21, 2008

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

that palm gimmick is a great approach and i believe a competent well-funded company could make something good of it

its called the apple watch

poty
Jun 21, 2008

https://twitter.com/business/status/1187131192199602181

hmmmm. hmmmmmmmm :thunk:

poty
Jun 21, 2008

stadia the subscription service that is free for 1080p streaming (buying the probably overpriced games on their store) will be quite attractive if it ever exists

stadia at the moment where you have to pay $130 for a bad controller and a chromecast ultra i already have sucks

poty
Jun 21, 2008

ratbert90 posted:

hahahaha source your quotes.

its attractive to me. you can play pc games and you dont need to buy a pc that costs 1500 bucks or whatever and is big ugly loud and uses a ton of power

poty
Jun 21, 2008

ratbert90 posted:

Also the bandwidth caps a lot of ISP's have.

diff people have diff constraints. i have very good optic fibre but a small apartment so the less things i have the better

ratbert90 posted:

Then you get to keep your games, don’t suffer from lag, and can use a proper keyboard and mouse.

i remember people online saying netflix was dumb when it started streaming because you didnt own the movies and they were worse image quality than blurays at the time. wonder where they are now.

you can use a keyboard and mouse by playing through chrome i think

Boiled Water posted:

you’re still using the power it’s just being drawn into a data center instead of your house

Celexi posted:

and if this is an enviromental thing, those xeons and old amd cards that will run your game in the google datacenter will drain quite a bit more power, added to the power required to transmit your data

i dont think videogames are environmentally relevant. power to the data center doesnt warm up my apartment in the summer

poty
Jun 21, 2008

Celexi posted:

The last thing we need is to burn more carbon to power a xeon and gpu that were not designed and are ancient to run video games in today's environmental catastrophe, the "it won't heat my apartment in summer" is quite the outsourcing of your environmental waste off to someone else.

if this is really how stadia works go complain to google? im not making them use xeons. they were using off the shelf pcs as search servers for a while when they started not sure why they couldnt do something similar for this

poty
Jun 21, 2008

https://twitter.com/9to5Google/status/1234191942835212288

considering how much attention google pays to android wear this was probably developed by the interns interns interns intern

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poty
Jun 21, 2008

The Management posted:

jfc. that’s an amazing story of incompetence.

its not that amazing it happens thousands of times every day when product guys dont exist/dont know what they want/dont care