Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

mishaq posted:

you have to janitor you windows 10 pc every time microsoft releases updates because they got rid of all their qa

m$ has really gone to poo poo

lol @ anyone who paid for win10

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

trilljester posted:

WTF are transparent widgets?

ways to put more clocks on the screen or tell you what it might be like outside

with transparency!

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

tbf the ios back buttons are always there but idk if you had real fat thumbs you could muss it up pretty reg

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

THC posted:

i like when u hand someone an anroid phone and a tiny corner of their finger brushes against the dedicated back button and it kicks them out of whatever you wanted to show them

this is especially likely in portrait mode playing bideo shames

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Blue Train posted:

Properly coded games make the game fullscreen requiring a swipe to show the navigation bar hth

if only there were someone who could enforce standards more stringent than "app won't come over to your house and gently caress your sister--if user explicitly denies permission"

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

infernal machines posted:

if you're on a business trip why wouldn't you just hire a hooker, like every other man on a business trip since forever?

you ask on an internet forum

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

it's me, the guy managing files on my telephone

it's only a telephone by default

*he says falling out of a window*

that's why it's so funny!

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

power botton posted:

I mean its a more powerful computer than what got us to the moon but sure just call it a "telephone"

it's more of a question of do you use it as a phone?

i don't but my free droid does phone (sometimes i'm surprised when i get a call and am like "who gave you this number") i just don't really want it for that

it's an excellent ipod replacement, and i was seriously considering buying a used zune from amazon before i got this

now i have a bluetooth music player that holds all of my bad taste in one convenient package

doggo knows when she smells me wearing the thing it is time to go conquer the neighborhood

dorks for me won't quit

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Larry Parrish posted:

My phone is rougly 1000 times as storage dense as a floppy so go on and tell me how it's just a phone :allears: :xbone:

phone barely a phone, you can find out the apps the cool kids are into and develop for them without being totally clueless

who doesn't want to be the dude who falls rear end backward into floppy bards or what shat

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

atomicthumbs posted:

steely-eyed missile mandroid

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Lutha Mahtin posted:

nah, the part where my phone never rings and instead shows voicemails is because i'm on google fi :xd:

i used to use this as a sig but i felt it was too much and also my image editing skills are crapp

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Millstone posted:

How's it feel to be a janitor

so when g+ was a thing and everyone was excited to do hangouts a bunch of goons flooded the thing and so did a bunch of google employees

ended up talking to this guy in a multi-user hangout just because it was possible to do and kinda fun. he was a senior dev or somesuch

made a bit of a faux pas though when he said what his job was and i was like "oh you're a computer janitor" like that was a positive thing to say

obviously clueless on my part but his face just turned bright red and he started trembling and shaking his head

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

cinci zoo sniper posted:

cant recommend oneplus 5 b/c suicide requests are banned in yospos

srsly you can read about oneplus' hilarious history in the defend your purchase grey forums

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Astoundingly Ugly Baby posted:

Get him some poo poo Chinese Android phone in an iPhone SE body. Something like that probably exists. That way speculation about his mental state by strangers would be deflected when they see an iPhone body.

huawei or a one+

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Silver Alicorn posted:

wireless headphones are good for running or w/e because they don't tug out of your ears when you move. not that anyone here would know about physical exercise

i like my 8/hr BT plantronics

not for audiophiles or people who need it loud but they do okay for normal music listening + hearing cars

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

pram posted:

you should tell him 'andoid bitch'

'ayn rand bitch'

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

well these guys got caught

well they were following the p2pp rules and by executive order, when you have the peer protocol it's game over

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

BONGHITZ posted:

i hope people can stop fighting wars now that we are in the future

bread, circuses and liveleaks ISIS videos

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

The Management posted:

we are living in the worst possible future

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ZLAt3zwEpQ

thank goodness for sliders

peace out i'm gonna kill hitler and the Goa'uld

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Silver Alicorn posted:

imageine if iPhone made phones out of luxury materials like hardwood, marble, ivory

https://techcrunch.com/2012/11/25/sandbenders/

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Progressive JPEG posted:

Uh isn't that the point of android

what's the problem here, google weren't getting their cut?

i mean, you've been reading this thread you may have noticed google's decisions aren't really based on objective reality

at least not one that we can figure out

they're ad servers first and foremost, no longer running under the aegis of "don't be evil" and the programs they kill make no sense excepting that it's not making them money or a project lead pissed someone off and it's just corporate politics

ask some yosgooglers i guess

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

ya know how that horrible pepsi ad that led to people hitting cops in the face with cans of pepsi

i feel like this could go in the same direction but it wouldn't be as funny if a cop's face caught fire

for the perpetrator (they'd get messed up)

for me eh

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
did anyone say bokeh haram yet?

because i'm gonna, if not

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

seriously wth

if you really want to plug an external bluray player into your phone i'm sure it's possible

or just don't do that because it's insanely stupid

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Millstone posted:

Microsoft pushes updates that install candy crush and notifications about how great edge is. At least all my files are exactly where I left them.

microsoft is garbage these days

i won't bore you with my experiences on their forums but it boils down to "have you tried turning it on and off"

(bing up your rear end)

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
everyone knows goog dropped the https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Don%27t_be_evil

but they're currently better than m$

and apple's little snafu was really no big deal

microsoft is accountable to no one

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

pram posted:

cant believe people still use this pos os

i love the iOS (even though it hosed me a couple times and ate my keychain) but i got a basically free aynroid because i wanted to see about developing for the play store

all i can say is an iphone is a great phone but computer janitting a droid is fun if you're sitting on the toilet

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
sarnsung phones are barely phones but you can customize them if you like :spergin:

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

so it's basically a $500 fidget spinner?

new thread title?

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Phobeste posted:

what did you customize on your andoid that you cannot customize on an iPhone

i hate HATE admitting it but you can do a lot of fuckery with an android

still not a good telephone, but you can do uh stuff

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Midjack posted:

i need six clocks on my homescreen, okay?

watch out that joke is about to start collecting social security and it's going to have a lot of time on its hands

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Cocoa Crispies posted:

someone probably wanted to say they redid the emojis and nobody with taste was around to say "no"

Cocoa Crispies posted:

i like to route android phones to the nearest storm drain

doin' some watchmen fan fic eh?

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

hobbesmaster posted:

quality of the 3d image is directly related to the distance between the sensors in the notch so unless they want to make face id worse

applying the rule of thumb that true compromise leaves everyone unsatisfied

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Bulgakov posted:

at least on anroid there's the assurance that the mystery notifications are never about an update

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

President Beep posted:

tbh “bezos” sounds like a demon name.........

more like a hairball imo

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

i was walking through a working class neighborhood of nyc yesterday and i saw a handmade ad nailed to a telephone pole for "android tv boxes" that strongly implied they would come pre-configured for pirate streams

the android brand is closely associated with 1. pirate tv and 2. mystery poo poo from china

that's my android story i hope you liked it

my brother came over the other day with his new sarnsung tablet so i could put terrarium on it

i'm that guy :negative:

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

hahahahaha

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Bulgakov posted:

are the multiple duplicate notification icons going to have to wrap around now?

...do they already?

can't wait for the bendy iphone to trickle down so we can line them up in a moebius strip

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Endless Mike posted:

pirated anime and emulators. the usual

i resemble this