Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

LastInLine posted:

it should be noted that youre looking at a specific subset of android users which is the group only interested in price

this group cares mostly about specs because its not like they can afford to shop based on how good an experience the device gives the user so they have to get the best crappy experience their $200 can buy and at that pricepoint some things like ram and software variant matter more than others

they dont mention the iphones performance for the same reason they dont mention the pixels or the galaxy s9 which is they cant afford one so it doesnt matter

lol, i resemble this post but at the same time uh i have a use case for my droid phone and one for my iphone so eh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

President Beep posted:

misread that at first as you saying you had a case for each phone, like you carried them next to each other on your belt

how else am i gonna look cool?

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Generic Monk posted:

is the joke that there are basically 2 ads for avengers and nintendo on the right

i just assume it's a loss joke and tune out

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

ugh, i had to click that to see if it's REALDONALDJFUCKWIT

i don't follow his brain droppings usually

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

OldAlias posted:

lol translucent n64 controller vibes are fitting

those were pretty murky because of how thick the plastic was

more like a blueberry imac really

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Corla Plankun posted:

today i learned that transferring files over usb makes my android freeze/reset now so the only thing that made this phone useable is now gone, rip

just use smb

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Corla Plankun posted:

whats the best android smb client

google had one but surprise they pulled it from the play store

solid explorer i guess

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

anthonypants posted:

p sure like 99% of people today use spotify instead of downloadable mp3s, and that guy's specifically looking for a tablet

also you can use plex or something like that to stream off your computer

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

The Management posted:

what will the android Face ID be named? has Samsung announced SFace yet?

considering their idea of a good name for a UI was TouchWiz i'm thinking maybe faceBlast or BukkaKey

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Lutha Mahtin posted:

the OG iPad Air i use for work is still usable. it lags a little for some operations and when you switch apps, but other than that it's fine

i'm still loving my ipad mini 1

it's a good reader and i mean when i first got it i thought tablet form was trash but a few hours later i was like, future information appliance!

and it still just works

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Lutha Mahtin posted:

are you really trying to dunk on some minor feature because one os had it before another one did

i think it's important to realize that in these trying times we can all agree that your operating system is a piece of poo poo

(my beloved ipad mini chose to push an update while i was dling a big fat app and had it plugged in which threw my keychain in the river, for example)

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Lutha Mahtin posted:

certainly. i just enjoy laughing at people who try and try but will never be able to articulate the second-tier reasons why Android (or any other os) is crap, much less the biggest first-tier reasons

i honestly think that bagging on bad ideas is a worthwhile uh.............

well it's a good release

please enjoy my 95 feces

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Ciaphas posted:

i need to set up my streaming services tbh

i've even got an apple tv and everything, i need some good Zone Out tv for bedtime. used to be discovery and history channels before they went to hell--mild learning as I nodded off, usually, poo poo like How It's Made or Dirty Jobs or whatever

oh for the days when i didn't know mike rowe was such a fygm sellout punk bitch idiot hellfucker ford commercial :allears:

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Cocoa Crispies posted:

Big Brother is watching you beep the guppy.

if you don't let him he starts to worry :ohdear:

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Astoundingly Ugly Baby posted:

I need audiophile quality audio for my anime

deleting all philes:ins:

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

takin' it back

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
that's from clerks 2 which nobody likes

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Schadenboner posted:

Would you say you're the Clerks 2 of YOSPOS?

yeah i got rosario dawson somehow

you know

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Perplx posted:

retirement is boomer privilege

Did you ever retire a human by mistake?

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
gonna retire to my ready room

aka my posting station :destiny:

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Ændronema

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

elmer chud posted:

playing music is a very complicated thing that definitely has not been a solved problem for decades

i think it would be nice if i could tell the phone to play music in the car and then it would play the music i have on the phone but i have to look at it touch it and get a felony charge

dsmp &c

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Bulgakov posted:

i might trust them more than google

personally it's less of a conflict of interest but i understand that the human rights part could uh be an issue with the government aspect

yeah just assume a Pixel or a Huawei is putting information resources in the hands of a fascist gov

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Sagebrush posted:

1770s teenagers: check out my ironic hat feather. it's so lame lol i love it

macaroni militia krew 4lyfe

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Turd

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

President Beep posted:

it’s a, needs suiter
re-booter

jail breaker don’t you mess around with me

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
so finally switching back to ios

impressions on android adventure, you can deffo _make_ the phone work

but not well

seeing that an iphone xr _only_ has 3 gigerbits one might think the eight processor 4gb phone i had would have been slick as poo poo in comparison but no of course not, the burden of android and all the 3rd party apps to make it approximate an iphone means that things like apps _and_ phone calls can lead to lag that does not inspire confidence

using ios everything works right with no slowdown, you can put malwarebytes or somesuch on it if you want

looking at what apps on my old homescreen are "missing" on good phone, a bunch of patchwork shite that is no longer necessary

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

LastInLine posted:

lol

i suppose i am the weird one for wanting to see someone passionately advocate over something meaningless but what can i say i like it. if someone wants to write a hundred words on why a front camera is unnecessary i want to see it

There is already a camera on the other side, often two.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
ok facetime is a use case for people who can stand to see each other

although the people i see using it i would not like to see staring out from my phone

that's just anecdotal from being at wall mart tho

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

flakeloaf posted:

i love to turn on the lower-resolution of my phone's two cameras, which definitely never makes me look like jabba, for the snapface app that i really do use

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Boiled Water posted:

can you actually make money ubering? i mean with gas and maintenance is it a net positive?

no

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

saving this for reasons

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

infernal machines posted:

so they fixed upgrades by ensure that the kernel could never under any circumstances be upgraded?

Why on good green earth would any carrier conspire with an osp to give the consumer options?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Shaggar posted:

the notch obscures stuff all the time and its totally unforgivable. there should be a small bezel on the top and bottom both to eliminate the notch, improve the swipe up gesture, and square off the screen.

i disagree with notch=bad but agree with the rest of this :ohdear: