Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

qirex posted:

the boox palma looks interesting but it’s clearly a second device and not a phone and a little pricy [$279] for a one trick pony

they invented a pda?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
don't get me wrong, i'm as excited as anyone about the prospect of a new pda in 2024

it's a shame it's android, but honestly what else would it be?

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

time to ditch my iphone for a nokia candy bar and a boox palma

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

st-ink pen

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

i wish there were some way to interact with the modern web via e-ink that didn't suck rear end.

there isn't, but you could almost imagine such a thing.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Agile Vector posted:

AvantGo but for ereaders would be so good

old-rear end opera, where everything is proxied and then non-static elements are removed or just turned into static elements without having to reflow the page

i can think of quite a few reasons this wouldn't actually work, but that's the dream. or just present everything to me in reader mode by default

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Best Bi Geek Squid posted:

honestly the windows numbers are way better than expected

lol @ anroid tho

well, it's broken out by release/build for windows and android is just android

tbf, if you put all the windows CVEs on a single line, you wouldn't see the others

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

probably, but you'd assume the same for android versions