Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crazy Achmed
Mar 13, 2001

Well, I guess the alternative to janitoring is watching while the e-garbage accumulates into a giant pile and then catches fire

what im saying is that all phones suck, salt the earth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crazy Achmed
Mar 13, 2001

The Management posted:

so abused that he can't even fathom a phone os that works well.

I had a sony flip phone once, it was p cool. But I have an ageing android and I've seen what happened to an iphone of similar vintage over the same time period. Unless something has changed recently i consider the state of any phone's os to be a train wreck in three-year slow motion

Crazy Achmed
Mar 13, 2001

atomicthumbs posted:

i just installed one of these. will see if it lasts. https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07145LRK5/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

both the original and the third-party replacement wore out, as lithium batteries do when you use them long enough. i'm glad i can keep using the last good android phone.

Wait, someone else has one of these that still functions? Although I guess because I live in a faraway land there's no way in hell anyone will ship me a battery for fear of blowing up the airplane. Is there anything else you had to do to keep it working?

Crazy Achmed
Mar 13, 2001

android does what iosn't

Crazy Achmed
Mar 13, 2001

So my nexus 4 finally died, touchscreen went haywire. I think i can see the screen coming away from the glass internally around where the problem area seems to be :rip:

Posting from a friend's discarded nexus 5 which seems to have random microphone doesn't work during calls issues. And you all have me so confused now about what i should buy as a replacement

Crazy Achmed
Mar 13, 2001

OldAlias posted:

not unique to Apple, but iPhones keep value so who cares. in any case you could get an SE for a couple hundred bucks and be good for years

I think this is now my plan for when this n5 breaks, thanks. I'm basically resigned to all mobile oses being garbage in one way or another, might as well try a different one for the next 4-5 years

Crazy Achmed
Mar 13, 2001

Can't you just buy a cheap feature phone like they did on The Wire?

Crazy Achmed
Mar 13, 2001

Yes but only one clock????? that's terrible

Crazy Achmed
Mar 13, 2001

Shaggar posted:

its e1m1

Honestly, if i was a techbro with enough vc to renovate own office, I'd lay the foyer and open plan office space out to be the first room or two of e1m1. Just the layout, though, not the decor or anything else, so that it subtly fucks with everyone coming through

Crazy Achmed
Mar 13, 2001

posting from my new yospos-approved iphone se, it's quite nice but why is there no comma on the keyboard

Crazy Achmed
Mar 13, 2001

no comma on the main keyboard with the letters, that is. yet there's room for a double sized return key, a mic button and a globe icon thing

Crazy Achmed
Mar 13, 2001

jit bull transpile posted:

The ios keyboard is real bad. Install SwiftKey.

thanks, this is much more tolerable. I used to have a decaying nexus, I think the keyboard is the only thing i dislike about this iphone. I guess you could say that other than that it works extremely well!

Crazy Achmed
Mar 13, 2001

it used to be there apparently but got discontinued and removed recently.

I booted up my old nexus yesterday to get a file off it and noticed that gboard had auto updated to remove the comma off the main keyboard in favor of having more space between keys on the bottom row

god drat it America, just how fat are your fingers getting?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crazy Achmed
Mar 13, 2001

President Beep posted:

my way, or the huawei. :clint:

mods