Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Branch Nvidian
Nov 29, 2012

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

it is pretty funny/silly, but simultaneously there is truth to it. like, no idea what anyone can do about it, but break your phone and you're not exactly going car-shopping and comparing.

to some extent of course it is down to them being good phones, but the pressure is for sure real too.

personally i'd like to get off both ios and android if i can, but my bank and even government agencies etc. make that almost impossible, which is for sure an issue if that state of things truly cannot change.

2024 is the year of symbian on the cell phone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Branch Nvidian
Nov 29, 2012

crosspost from the iyg android thread:

Just got an email with a promo code for $250 off Pixel 8 or Pixel 8 Pro. Looks like a onetime use code, so if someone wants it let me know I guess. Expires May 2nd.

Branch Nvidian
Nov 29, 2012

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

nobody actually wants it because it's a piece of poo poo

well gently caress me for offering a discount code or w/e

Branch Nvidian
Nov 29, 2012

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

my favorite recent forums storyline is posting in the CSPAM doomsday econ thread that the Pixel 7 showed me ads so I returned it and some dork yelled at me for two pages about how I should have gone to the special spyware settings to fix it

if you’re willing to buy an android you’re willing to deal with that garbage