Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

larfs aside, ive been looking for a reasonable budget tablet running android and its all either various garbage or way more expensive than 2027 ipad, wtf

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Thanks Ants posted:

the lenovo tab 4 is coming out soon which is meant to be not garbage with the usual caveats applied to non-expensive android tablets
hm, the 64/4 version of lenovo tab 4 10 plus looks pretty good for my needs, especially if this will arrive for some 400 euro or less

e: sweet, 4 10 plus is 299

cinci zoo sniper fucked around with this message at 17:39 on Apr 17, 2017

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

mishaq posted:

your needs are autistic, get an ipad
no

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

atomicthumbs posted:

is the pixel c good or not? i can't rememnber

good. also costly, 600 for it and 150 for keyboard

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

carry on then posted:

what do you think
well[1][7][15][69][219][420],

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

p. sure someone will make a post noting the first time that does *not* happen tbqh

my 3 year old nexus 5 doesnt stutter scrolling the play store

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

duTrieux. posted:

why the gently caress is the phone resolution even a configurable thing

gently caress

yes, I know that it's so they can advertise the screen specs while throttling poo poo down for actual use.

*in extremely yospos voice* now that timb has pushed ios into feature parity with android, they are finding new ways to fight for customers

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

one of my relatives has a curvephone samsung and yeah, i can attest to its gimmickness. i cant name a single reason why i would prefer that to a flat screen

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

wow

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Jimmy Carter posted:

god, is there anything the MTA can't gently caress up?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Doc Block posted:

wow, those brand managers and that social media intern sure showed that guy!

"savage af!"

"brutal!"

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

atomicthumbs posted:

im on a roll

im osha inspector

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

duTrieux. posted:

samsung is planning on an update that lets users manually compensate for hosed-up red-tinted displays with "a further enhanced ability to adjust the color setting to their preference."

sheesh

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

mishaq posted:

hmmm yes, i love janitoring my piece of poo poo phone just like i love janitoring my piece of poo poo windows pc

actually yes

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Doc Block posted:

pretend i posted that "it's free software" GIF

*gnu/GIF

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Seems like makers of flagship Android devices can't get it right these days. We recently reported on an ever-expanding class-action lawsuit targeting LG's flagships: the G4, G5, V10, V20, and Nexus 5X. Those phones, according to the suit and thousands of online complaints by users, have a legendary bootloop issue caused by shoddy construction that bricks the phones or slows them to a crawl.

Now the Nexus 6P phablet, unveiled in September 2015 for pre-order, is also being accused in a class-action lawsuit of having a "Bootloop Defect." According to the suit, the Nexus 6P devices "are defective because they are prone to enter an endless bootloop cycle which renders them unresponsive and unusable." What's more, the suit also alleges a "Battery Drain Defect," which has also been the subject of repeated online criticism by unhappy Nexus 6P consumers.

"As the numerous complaints posted on product reviews, blogs and other consumer resources reveal, countless consumers have experienced this Defect," according to the suit. The lawsuit mocks one of the advertisements about the device that claimed: "Battery life keeps you going all day and into the night."

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Celexi posted:

There was some picture I saw of 3 galaxies, none of them had the same color it was great.

?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

may 31 :peanut:

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

in this mornings android news, s8 is moving home button around to prevent burnin, and google will not be supporting anroid on pixel phones past 2018, and security updates past 2019

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

LastInLine posted:

you mean like they said when it launched huh

probably, i didn't bother to check every detail of something i was unlikely to buy

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

no way

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

BONGHITZ posted:

can you imagine the type of person you would have to be to own an android phone? lol

*turns monitor on* that would be a dire sight

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/314376.php 🤔🤔🤔

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

android but worse? :how:

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Doc Block posted:

ok so I put down my phone for a minute and forget the exact context of the app I'm in when I pick it back up. what does that permanent, contextless back button take me back to?

or, if I'm reading Twitter and tap on a video and it opens in the YouTube app, does tapping the back button take me back to Twitter, to the home screen, or something else (like back to the main screen in the YouTube app)?

that's app and condition specific, but mostly "back to the the precious screen"

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Blue Train posted:

The back button always takes you back, not necessarily to the previous screen. If they keyboard pops up in a text box, back collapses it, leaving the cursor in the text box. If you bring down a list, back closes it. It brings you back and where back is is dependent on what you were doing. It is, however, always back

i wanted to say previous state, but that'd been android of ux explanations

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

duTrieux. posted:

why does it leave focus in the entry box without the keyboard present?

for operations involving text selection so you dont have a third of screen or more taken up with something irrelevant, like copying part what you just typed for instance

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

duTrieux. posted:

so what you're describing is:

- tap an entry box to provide focus and call up the keyboard.
- tap back to dismiss the keyboard, but maintain focus to perform other operations.

in which case the button is explicitly not going back because it's introducing a new state. or is the justification that it's only going sort of back?

unless in android you have to tap an input field and then tap again to call up the keyboard, but then why would you need to use back to dismiss the keyboard without going back to—

tapping input fields for keyboard is app-specific

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

if you're curious for examples, awful.apk will autostart the keyboard on post/reply, whereas google translate will wait for user to tap the text entry field

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

treble, lomarftals

pretty good idea to be hoenst

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

atomicthumbs posted:

i think they take their waterproof phones into the shower and gently caress their phones and cum in them

how can you cum into a waterproof phone though

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

i was able to bring back to life my 2012 nexus 7. only had to flash a xXx-_-h4ck3rr0m-_-xXx of anroid 4 the kitkat with artisanal hand-crafted kernel, after i formatted the device to f2fs

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Malloc Voidstar posted:

Grinning Face with Smiling Eyes
Android 7

Android O Beta

congratulations google on loving up this emoji just after everyone else had fixed it

from happy grin to post-workout poop

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Cocoa Crispies posted:

uh the second one is definitely not a happy grin

guess what i just said

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

LastInLine posted:

timb talks about bravery and courage but really isnt blatently ripping off the richest corporation in the world a lot more brave than removing the headphone jack?

saudi aramco is likely richer, but that's beyond point

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

wiped cache partition today and holy gently caress my phone is back to the world of living now

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Millstone posted:

How's it feel to be a janitor
fine?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Cocoa Crispies posted:

i describe my current task as "jenkinss janitor" (when i'm not calling it "jenkems")

jenkitor

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Hugh G. Rectum posted:

someone with a 960FPS camera confirmed it, the OP5 display refreshes bottom to top. the panel is upside-down

https://goo.gl/photos/mEWJenLE6hDy1ZWt5

lol

that's one plus 5? lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

i love that messenger apps ignore phone-wide silence settings when you have the main window open