Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

akadajet posted:

android. 8 years and we still haven't figured out how to move things around the screen without a ton of stuttering.

tbf android was created to be a competitor with blackberry and all the phones were supposed to have keyboards

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Bobby Digital posted:

even the display wants to do a 180 away from an anroid

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

The Management posted:

headphone jacks are dead. deal with it.

Yep. The AirPods are good. It's time to let go of wired headphones.

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Asymmetric POSTer posted:

lol the anroid iyg thread is too much fun

iyg was created because goons were getting mad when people would suggest buying an iPhone

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Cerv posted:

bug in Oreo makes it burn through mobile data instead of using available Wi-Fi.
hope they pay for everyone's phone bills

https://www.theregister.co.uk/2017/09/07/google_scrambles_to_curb_oreos_massive_appetite_for_data/

This is why Apple doesn’t have to try any more.

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
Quick reminder that android users are the product not the customer.

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

qirex posted:

love it when companies copy even apple's bad decisions

What would you do with that much storage on a chrome book?

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

This is why apple can continue their very slow decline. This is their competition.

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

carry on then posted:

bull is something else

bald bull

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

hobbesmaster posted:

Verizon is very demanding about interfering with what goes on it’s network so it makes sense that nobody wanted to put anything new out on it

They wouldn't let the iPhone on their network until they saw what a success the 3GS was and realized they'd lose a ton of customers if they didn't get the 4.

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Lutha Mahtin posted:

it would be awesome if apple started a Fi-like service too, or if somehow apple and google made a truce to run a service like that together just to put the screws to att and verizon

Tmobile is doing a good job of putting the screws to them now.

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Lutha Mahtin posted:

yeah but trump pai is probably going to let tmo/sprint merge and ugh

If John Legere is in charge of the merged company it’ll be ok but if he bounces welp.

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

carry on then posted:

this would be on top of his surface pro, galaxy tab 3, several phones, presumed gaming-spec desktop, and of course multiple oled tvs, all purchased within the last year or two

for fucks sake bull join a slow pitch softball or bowling league

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

infernal machines posted:

counterpoint: it does not run android

Android was always meant to be a blackberry rip off and it still shows over 10 years later.

Also, someone put bull out of his misery.

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

The Management posted:

imagine being an app developer waiting three years before they can use any of the newest OS features

imagine being an app developer trying to make money off android apps

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
my phone blu me

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

pram posted:

cant believe people still use this pos os

I can understand if someone gets some poo poo $50 phone or something but I don't understand why someone would pay iPhone money for an android.

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

quote:

Pretty nice. The Nokia 8 is on the top of my list to upgrade to next year. Maybe the 9 will take its spot if the price on the 8 isn’t too enticing.

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Anime and emulation. It’s always one of the two.

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Agile Vector posted:

aside from johnny my experiences with trailers involve horders and the mentally unwell trying to convince me that everything is fine and normal so theres a good range of choices

The ceo of Zappos sold his company for 1 billion dollars then moved in to a trailer.

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

at least the android devs are self aware now

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
I can't wait for samsungmoji on the galaxy s9

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

FMguru posted:

canadian laff factory reporting in

lol i forgot bbry whored out its brandname to some low end overseas junk manufacturer

850,000 shipped to warehouses where they'll collect dust until they're put on eBay.

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

infernal machines posted:

it's tha mutha fukkin' N O T C H son!

aren't most android notches just cosmetic and not needed?

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

jit bull transpile posted:

I'm on my third rma. All the googling I've done shows it seems to be random. Some devices will be fine and some will just randomly get hosed by an update.

I'm actually super careful with my phone and it is always either in my purse or flat on a table. I barely have anything installed either. None of the usual custom launchers or whatever that dypers gently caress their phones with

How does someone go through all this and not get an iPhone?

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Endless Mike posted:

high tech computer

Who the hell buys htc phones any more?

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Best Bi Geek Squid posted:

the 8.0 update has made the phone experience on my telephone noticeably worse :toot:

Of course it did. android phones are supposed to be disposable trash you replace every year.

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Blue Train posted:

Google has become somewhat erratic in updating its Android distributionnumbers after updating them monthly for years. They’ve skipped a number of months this year, including June, but are back for July with fresh percentages. That month off has meant big things for Android Oreo, which jumped up to 12.1% (up from 5.7%).

That was sarcasm, of course, because these numbers are actually pretty sad. Oreo has only hit 12.1% of the Android pie and it was released in August of last year. So after being available to Android phones for almost a year, we’re at about an eighth of the Android world running the most current stable version of Android. That’s not good.

In terms of other numbers, we’ve got Nougat down to 30.8%, Marshmallow down to 23.5%, Lollipop down to 20.4%, KitKat down to 9.1%, and Jelly Bean down to 3.6%.

Lol 9% of anroids are using a five year old os. iOS 10 is running on 8% of iOS devices.

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

President Beep posted:

i don't necessarily have a moral issue with pirating, but i'll be damned if i'm going to tv janitor when i can just pay a few bucks a month for something that works and isn't a colossal pain in the rear end.

I was going to cancel directv and go with YouTube tv but retention offered to match their rate it if I agreed to a year contract.