Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
ive never gotten asked for "zelle" info from anyone under 900 years old or supremely stupid IRL

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
my watch is casio

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

FMguru posted:

the makers of the G'zOne phone

you have an impeccable eye for quality smythe

fabulous device indeed

FMguru posted:

also smythe there is a big barbara kruger exhibition at the la county museum of art

you should go see it

ok ill go & not gently caress it up this time

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Beeftweeter posted:

i have an analog casio that sets itself via shortwave and charges via solar, it owns

cool

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Achmed Jones posted:

i have one that i wear sometimes

i dont really use it. i just think it's cool

i think im gonna put it on now

i take my watch off when im going to be at the computer for a long time

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

NoneMoreNegative posted:

lol, even lmao possibly

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jb88eui8SqQ

https://nothing.tech/pages/phone-1

I like the tech look of the white version, but that's a pure aesthetic thing only.

looks cool but the bubbles are the wrong color and it doesnt have airdrop. sad. rip.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
in a just world all bubbled would be the same color and airdrop would be an open standard. shameful world.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

FMguru posted:

smythe you could just get both phones and effortlessly dual wield them as liquid metal extensions of your arms

2 phone payments. Jesus Christ I know we joke about YOSPOS being rich but c’mon

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Gentle Autist posted:

i use icloud it’s extremely convenient and seamless

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
YOSPOS desperate to cj their own ghetto datacenter while i luxuriously pay $1.99/mo or something for some other rear end in a top hat to do it

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Celexi posted:

the gently caress, awful.app doesn't have search??? awful.apk even searches within thread. swapping the Sim back to my pixel 6 when I get home

idk how to "find on page" on any iphone app including safari. i basically have no idea how to operate my telephone. its hosed up.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Gentle Autist posted:

you type poo poo in the location bat and tap ‘find on page’, hth

lol wow. but also really weird? why is it like that. makes no sense

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
it would have been cool if stadia was good. sucks

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
little stream box thing that lets you rent games and run them off the cloud. genius. would love this. sometimes wanna couch game but console too expensive to buy and im also not a teenager so i wont buy one. drat

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

sb hermit posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=spc2Le65Nrs

I forgot if this was posted but apparently there's a guy that reverse engineered the ouya server api. So we can bring the ouya back, baby!

thats pretty cool. back in the day i had so many of those little android sticks for mucking around with weird htpc implementations. i was also a boxee owner lmao. boxee was so cool. that was a cool era.

nowadays i'd love to see a apple tv with a first party controller & software targeting the device as a first class citizen. that would own

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
more google related but the google maps autocaller for businesses (to update open/close times) is pretty weird. it's an ai voice tuned to sound like a normal white guy, its pretty convincing if its in the right loop and you don't talk over it. kinda reminds me of the movie sorry to bother you.

e: but for robots

Smythe fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Aug 26, 2022

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
chomeos seems ideal for 60% of compy users

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

DuckConference posted:

Sounds like they got a pro voice guy for their steam demo video so it sounds kind of like a radio ad: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1787630/Jump_Challenge/

platform masters rear end game

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
i havethe apple magnet thing

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Sagebrush posted:

Yeah that part is pretty funny. I've never owned an iphone, but since Android went to gesture based navigation in v11 I can use iPhones just fine because it's literally exactly the same.

Honestly though that's good. It's like standardizing on a mouse and keyboard, or steering wheel. It works, people get it, now don't mess with it

the big issue with not having the right phone is the bubble color and share button. share button for airdrop is key to interacting w/ normal ppl. so is bubble color. if airdrop was on all phone it would be a gamechanger. also if rcs actually worked. which could work. its very simple i think. google mandate their text client on android and build some interoperability with imessage. very easy. but not the case. for example ppl use the default samsung messneger or whatever on their galaxy phone. hosed up but true

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Sagebrush posted:

google can't build interoperability with imessage because it requires an apple account, and apple will never implement rcs without being forced to do it. (and honestly they'll still gently caress it up out of spite, like they did with the airtag tracker app etc)/

instant messaging systems are significantly more important than telephone service these days, and the government should mandate an open and fully interchangeable protocol as they did with the telephone.

like imagine if you called a t-mobile person using your verizon phone and it sounded like poo poo because verizon artificially degraded the quality for anyone not on their network. and you asked "wtf" and they were like "get your friend to get on verizon, then. not our problem." that is a blatant abuse of power.

airdrop is a little more special purpose, but instant messaging and small file sharing is fundamental to communication in 2022. needs to be as open as the internet and the electric company

agree

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
ok lots of posting but how to make text message not bad. is it just to circumvent carriers and all use whatsapp or whatever text-over-data thing... ? is there a difference. should sms just be shuttered entirely?

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

sb hermit posted:

just use e-mail or use sms to negotiate which proprietary service you want to use

what if the united nations made a universal text over data application

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Endless Mike posted:

you can set mulitple, you just have to do it with siri

lol

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
this is the only settings panel i need:

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

Bard up your rear end
         /

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

qirex posted:

coming in fall 2023 oh google-chan when will you learn
https://twitter.com/_snoopytech_/status/1656303098791378946

i think it looks cool

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

The Management posted:

$1800!!!!!!!1

YIKES

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
phone max price should be $999

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

kisses 2 u my friend

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

qirex posted:

who could possibly have seen this coming

lol yes i saw this getting pimped on my youtube feed and, having been down the "how to use imessage on my android" (run an imessage forwarder on a mac in your closet) determined this was incredibly stupid, and that they would make one trillion dollars before being sued into bankruptcy.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

the whole stupid rear end youtube videos poo poo is such trash. so confusing. like i understand the drive to put rental vods directly on youtube (ive rented one once due to this) but liek.. lol. google videos or w/e it was called. i dont remember. but it was good. really good. best in class even. rip

Smythe fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Dec 13, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

coke posted:

not really, for ios 15.4.1 and below you can install dopamine for a15 and lower cpus and then do an unthered jailbreak through sideloading the gta car tracker app and get the trollstore working

also remember to save all of the the shsh blobs so you can do mitm replay attack when you want to reinstall older version of ios even if you are not upgrading yet

and then you can install anything you want on ios and not even using their ios app store

thats true