Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

LastInLine posted:

i wonder if they fired the blob emoji person for making something cool and good and thus not on brand

no because that actually sounds like they some idea about what they're doing. it was probably a focus testing group result or something. focus group aka the bringers of blandness

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Anroid.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Anroid.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

he's right.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

lol every single one of them is ugly in its own way.. :allears:

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Best Bi Geek Squid posted:

*google emerges from your house, stripping off layer after layer of protective gear. google tosses each layer into a screaming incinerator. Five minutes later, after pulling aside the last filter mask, google grins and gives you a thumbs up*

yeah your house is safe today!

See you tomorrow!

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

spending $350 on a digital camera in 2018 lol

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

/!\:siren: WALLED GARDEN ALERT :siren: /!\

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

seems like a problem with amp

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

people are finally sending links around with ease and then google makes special links that you have to make sure you’re not sharing now? no ones gonna do that. lol good work everyone

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

if a site is still doing m.whatever.com in 2018 and not redirecting desktop traffic to the main link then the site sucks. i thot amp was supposed to do something similar now anyway?

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

jesus grandma, you're supposed to highlight and delete "mobile." from that link before you send it to me you MORON

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

anthonypants posted:

a good example would be that youtube on mobile will direct to m.youtube.com, but if you click the share button it'll generate a youtu.be link, which does the proper redirection. the problem is lots of people have been trained to copy from the address bar, because those share links either require you to sign in to a service, or you have to click through half a dozen dialogs before you can get a url.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UiVWItLdvAE

this redirects to the desktop site for me on my 27" 2013 iMac

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

the truth hurts

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

PSSSSSt. sshhh come here...

they're lying

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Anroid.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Anroid.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Endless Mike posted:

samsung makes you buy an app to remove the garbage preinstalled software

lol from the reviews

quote:

I have been using Package Disable from Policdeveloper since a few years already. I have purchased it twice in the past. This is the third time they are forced to relaunch the app, and frankly this app has always been awesome, except the one released previously. I got redeem code from developer for my previous purchase, & I am happy that I didn't have to pay for it again.. 😀 Currently using it on Note 8 & S9+, and believe me package disabler is the first thing I install on Samsung phones. Working like a charm as of now.. 👍👍

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

ios 12 beta on the 5s is faster than ios 11 on the same device

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

does android still fill up the status bar with redundant ugly icons lol

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

nods sagely

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Perplx posted:

just when you thought android couldn't suck any harder, it sends your dick pics to your mom

https://www.theverge.com/circuitbreaker/2018/7/2/17528076/samsung-phones-text-rcs-update-messages

Anroid did this to me once in like 2010, except it was a pic someone else sent me, somehow it got passed along to another conversation to another person. :psyduck:

It was hosed and one of the reasons i stopped using anroid forever.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

OldAlias posted:

lol @ whatever you’re saying here

it really is a jumble of words

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

why in the love of gently caress would you need more than one

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

anroid has always been slow as hammered dogshit

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Lutha Mahtin posted:

im glad i went to school before students began bringing their drat computers into class. why yes i have many fine class notebooks filled with pencil and ink transcriptions of code

so like pre 2001-2?

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

elmer chud posted:

ios sucks poo poo and is unusable garbage, probably

lol a very anroid response : "im sure apple stuff is probably really bad but ive never used it because of my brain problems"

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

uh huh.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Maximum Leader posted:

I use an ad-free, open-source Android app called SimpleSSHD that implements a Dropbear SSH server. Being able to SSH into your phone and wirelessly perform an incremental rsync backup of all your photos and data is life-changing compared to the hell that is cables and the MTP protocol.

lmfao

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

infernal machines posted:

ice cream sandwich
thank you

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Blue Train posted:

ever needed to browse three websites at once? androids got your back

om

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

jit bull transpile posted:

phone fully dead. exiled to work phone until I can buy an iPhone. rip

Anroid.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

qirex posted:

the whole keynote thing is stupid, at this point I think it's mostly ego stroking for the executives who get to be on stage

there's like a million people willing to write about apple news, inviting 500 of them to the campus is totally unnecessary and they could just email out a press kit

yeah i don't think apple's going to give up the free press coverage from ravenous tech "journalists" that fill the seats of their events and replace it with a quiet mailing list. seems... well, dumb.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

qirex posted:

if it was about letting people get their hands on stuff to check it out they could do smaller events in sf and new york, maybe one in hong kong at the same time

too complicated for no real advantage

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

yeah it's because android phones are all varying quality of poo poo and disease.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Shaggar posted:

Ive been using usbc forever and it works great, but I also don't have any Linux devices like android or ios.

what's left? windows? got bad news for you.. that's also a linux

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Furia posted:

I have considered checking out ubuntu phone or mobile or whatever it’s called how sad am I going to be afterwards?

isn't that stuff dead?

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

akadajet posted:

man, android hasn't changed much at all
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FJHYqE0RDg

input latency is about the same. its nice to see some consistency in this broken world

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

LastInLine posted:

oh yeah i forgot the op5 was made with a switch like the iphone had and then google changed the way muting worked right when it released breaking it lmao

Anroid.