Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

what’s stigma

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

lol that sucks. “hmm people will definitely want their timer notifications to not go off or go off on a delay. this is a normal thing for a timer to do.“- google

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

git apologist posted:

bad workman blames his tools. shameful

but what if the tools dont work?

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

The Management posted:

iOS 16.2

welcome to hawaii!

isn’t that their free trial thing for new devices? I had an Apple TV one show up there when I bought a cheap 9th gen iPad a few months back. did you get a new device recently?

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Pinterest Mom posted:

why does the automatic updates icon in windows 2000 have the windows xp logo

that’s the windows update logo and I think win2k got it too at some point since it coexisted with XP for a good long while

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Best Bi Geek Squid posted:

lmbo imagine the hell of being the nerd who has to maintain a 15 year old version of anroid

probably easier than the hell of keeping the entire mess that is anroid up to date

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Anroid.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Anroid.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

mediaphage posted:

they make a cream for that now op

ice cream sandwich?

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

2009 was the year of the Motorola droid for me. a couple weeks in and it deleted all my text messages. a year or so in it would freeze when anyone called, making the phone ring until I pulled the battery. a year and a half in and the top half of the touch screen stopped working. a bit later I lost it in a bar and I was glad to be rid of it.

Anroid.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Sagebrush posted:

I had one of those loathsome things too. It was pretty great though because it had a real GPS chip in it two years before any iPhone did

i thought iphone 3g (2008) had gps?

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

is project butter still underway at the Anroid offices?

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

the kids are right

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

you point them to the various terminal emulators on the App Store, done

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

mediaphage posted:

i mean yes that's all obvious now, there was no app store when the phone launched dipshit

oh I must have missed the part where you said it was when the iphone launched.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

mediaphage posted:

:rolleye:

it was implicit in the statement 'new iphones' but thats fine

it was?

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Anroid.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

qirex posted:

lol remember "project butter," the multi-year effort to get web pages to scroll smoothly?

i lol every time it is mentioned.

"oh poo poo! time to kick it into high gear, the primary input method for this device is being used. full throttle, throw everything you can at it!!"

- anroid

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

The Management posted:

google has gotten so desperate about green bubble stigma that they’re pushing the EU to force Apple to open the iMessage protocol. I look forward to the reaction when they implement it and Apple still makes their bubbles green.

this would be pretty drat funny

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

LieutenantFrost posted:

google/samsung rearranging the ui every six months and removing perfectly functional (and even useful) features with no replacement

Anroid.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

sb hermit posted:

https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2024/02/googles-pixel-storage-issue-fix-requires-developer-tools-and-a-terminal/

if the latest update completely broke your pixel phone, Google now has a solution

it involves

• enabling developer options on the phone (tap build number 7 times)
  • download and extract the sdk platform tools to a host computer
  • connect phone to host computer and set to the file transfer connection mode
  • open a terminal on the host computer, go to the platform tools folder, and type “./adb uninstall com.google.android.media.swcodec” and “./adb uninstall com.google.android.media”
  • reboot the phone
  • cross your fingers

Anroid.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

but seriously how many dipshit Google devs would it take to make an app that does those steps for you?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004