Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
how would it be a win for amazon to get a bunch of stuff nobody played on stadia ported to an amazon thing nobody is gonna use?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Sagebrush posted:

remember this?

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

yeah that poo poo sucked so bad

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

qirex posted:

I was curious so I desaturated it and look, almost universal improvement

i still dont know what any of these icons are

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Pinterest Mom posted:

Apple needs a foldable iPhone soon or iPhones won't be worth buying

they had one and it had the same problems so they got rid of it.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
ios sucks rear end but android sucks rear end more somehow

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
should have made it windows phone

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Branch Nvidian posted:

what is the difference between a streaming device and a set-top box? i thought those were the same thing? and i also thought google rebranded android tv to google tv except for tvs that already had android tv where it stayed android tv

set top boxes are the thing your cable company gives you

streaming devices are the thing you get to watch the 5 different streaming services you have that collectively cost more than cable

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
i suppose you can get a set top box from a satellite company too

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

infernal machines posted:

which is it if it's from an ip-tv provider?

if its ip-tv from your cable company or isp, then its a set top box. if its ip-tv from a streaming company, then its a streaming device

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

hopefully it allows the mistaken judgement in the apple case to be corrected

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Twerk from Home posted:

What was the mistake? Apple doesn't have to pay cash bribes to anyone else to stop them from releasing iOS applications outside of the app store.

right because their platform is closed so theres no technical way for anyone to threaten their monopoly, but its still a monopoly. android 3rd party app stores are technically possible but goog prevented them through payments. either way the important decision here is that goog can have a monopoly on its own platform which the judge in the apple case (incorrectly) ruled was not relevant (despite it being the only relevant thing in the entire case)

if google can have a monopoly on android stores, then apple unequivocally has a monopoly on ios app stores. it doesnt matter by which mechanism they enforce their monopolies.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

An American voice is just a normal voice, no need to specify. It’s the default

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

mobby_6kl posted:

Steve is rolling in his grave

amazing. they managed to make the lovely icon grid even worse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

mobby_6kl posted:

Thankfully you can run Windows on your phone now.

No, not the crippled mobile one either.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrvnpFCcZeA

:smith: @ 3:13