Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

the trump thread makes me feel too powerless to do anything
never thought i'd say this but i miss the George Takei that was the human embodiment of multiple forwarded emails of a stupid joke

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

trump is ludicrously unhealthy, so that's an easier and more effective way to see him in a casket than assassination

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

i can't wait for schumer to change his mind and support perez, someone who is just here because assholes want him to run

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Kraps posted:

this is actual bullshit because what they're doing is giving legitimacy to spencers fuckedness, "pats = Whites" was literally started by him and of course internet nazis wont shut up about it now because a) the pats won and b) idpol are exactly playing into his baby soft nazi hands.
brady, belichick, and kraft are all self-proclaimed "good friends" of trump and presumably all voted for him, the majority of their offense (including their pass-catchers) are white, and you have a better chance of seeing Bigfoot than to see a white pats fan wear the jersey of a black player that plays for them. also, Boston fans have a storied history of racism

richard spencer may have started the "pats are the white race" thing, and equating them with white supremacy is dumb as hell, but this didn't start out of nothing

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

evangelicals are the christian version of salafists and there is no room for them in a leftist movement

get that OUT of my face has issued a correction as of 08:06 on Feb 6, 2017

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

FuzzySkinner posted:

If they'd ditch their anti-LGBT stance and return to their attitudes about abortion pre-1970? Maybe.
their big issue in that era was segregation and how to defend it. they will always have a terrible hill to die on

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

the good thing about this tweetstorm is that the RTs and favs show that no one cares about this guy's opinions. unfortunately, they care about this idiot's

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

the belief among internet idiots that kanye west is some kind of social justice savior is the weirdest thing, based on nothing but "bush doesn't care about black people"

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

i saw a clip of Hillary Clinton speaking to some tech conference and she's become just as jowly as an old Brit

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

tbf the filibuster is a dumb as hell thing to have in the first place. it's not quite how the polish legislature required unanimous consent to pass anything, but it's pretty bad

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

more like the movieblob

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

BexGu posted:

Dude wrote a book about Super Mario Brothers 3 that was series of words complaining about how he got bullied by "jocks" and hasn't looked back since.
http://www.reaxxion.com/4707/the-disappointment-of-moviebobs-book-smb3-brick-by-brick

"mario is real, and strong, and my friend" -movieblob bob

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

the hosed up thing is that Mr. Wrong isn't the first one to come up with that proposal

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

how full of yourself do you have to be to write about movies/TV/sports/anything and come to the conclusion that this means everyone wants to hear your political opinions

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

FuzzySkinner posted:

anyone else starting to think we're getting the left wing version of the Tea Party in the near future?
we drat well better, and considering how this is happening in the reddest of red state of Utah, it would be foolish to not pass this opportunity up

it's already happening in New York, where some Democratic state senators are facing heavy fire for helping keep Republican control of the state senate

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

FuzzySkinner posted:

e: THIS is what made the Tea Party effective. They kicked out a lot of Blue Dogs, and then they also would kick a lot of their own moderates the hell out.
most importantly, they didn't win 100% of the time, but that didn't stop them

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

the trump tutelage posted:

Are there any male critics of toxic masculinity who aren't either blobs or a toneless androgynes?
i wouldn't say arthur chu fits either profile

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

the only nod that AVGN gave to the fact that the new ghostbusters was all-women was him showing dismay that a crappy remake of a movie would be called "female ghostbusters." modern hollywood remakes are universally crap

also, tulsi gabbard sucks but not because she supported bernie. she supports Modi hardcore

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Kraps posted:

even weird surreal "art" is not having any of the woke twitter bs https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OxlExtAkVSk
and here i was thinking that art would continue to be lovely under trump

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

who knew that taking concepts outside of an academic space and into the realm of everyday morons would lead to people using it incorrectly?

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

i miss when "hot takes" were called "bad opinions"

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

hearing "toxic" as a descriptor for everything makes me want to tune something out whenever it's used in an argument, similar to the word "problematic"

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

every time there's an essay about some moral wrong being committed at the grammys or another awards show, i watch this clip to put things into perspective

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tf9V0hwJ6qk

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Darkman Fanpage posted:

could also be that adele is a better artist :^)
adele has a great singing voice that she wastes by singing exclusively about her boyfriend breaking up with her years ago

Dapper_Swindler posted:

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/feb/13/david-duke-gives-ringing-endorsement-to-keith-elli/

david dukes figured it out sadly. all he has to do an "endorse" a real progressive and the IDpols will go bugfuck and try to tear elison apart.
somebody already posted a tweet, here or somewhere else, where an identity-focused neolib dem lumped in ellison with "white supremacist" democrats that just so happen to be progressive. that's only going to increase over the next 10 days

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

here in New York, there's a caucus of eight Democratic state senators who help preserve Republican control of the state senate, and three of them (one white man who's the leader of the caucus, one Latina woman, and one black, West Indian-descent man) have accused its critics of racism. it owns

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

FuzzySkinner posted:

https://twitter.com/jeremyscahill/status/832011012018728960

gee thanks for giving me a reason to tune into a show I either groan at or don't bother to watch, Jeremy.
i was gonna ask why the hell anyone should even watch Real Time but apparently it was responsible for Jim Jeffries telling Piers Morgan to gently caress off

speaking of which, the guy who wrote a defense of civility against Jim Jeffries can also gently caress off

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

hillary clinton is so jowly she might be played by a british actress

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

not a single thing that bad_dominicana has ever tweeted, said, or shat out can be described as "accurate." also i hate the mealy-mouthed criticism that the word "mediocre" entails. just say it sucks, don't beat around the bush

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

"say it loud, i'm 300 lbs and i'm proud"

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

more than 20 years ago The Simpsons made a joke saying that the Grammys are garbage. we were a more enlightened society back then

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

i thought "punching down" was a mortal sin in internet comedy. practice what you preach, maya

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

nobody's saying to take away "all" of their money, you dumbfucks

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

FuzzySkinner posted:

It's just comes across as a bit of a "fad" to me.
sadly, it's a fad that is actively encouraged and cultivated by its creator

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

lena dunham has put her foot in her mouth so frequently that she must love the taste. writing that incident in her book is the sort of poo poo that makes you think, "why would you want anyone to know about this?" she's rich enough to hire a publicist to cover her tracks, but she's so stupid and full of herself that she probably doesn't see the need to

besides, lena's influence doesn't extend beyond Dem party elites and a handful of idiot millennials. most people have no idea who she is and don't particularly care

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

"Hating Comic Sans Is Ableist," says woman who wants to taste the curb

get that OUT of my face has issued a correction as of 04:00 on Feb 26, 2017

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Office Surprise Store posted:

the "funniest part" is that any example of people making fake trump tweets that gain traction makes his FAKE NEWS narrative gain legs with his supporters because at that point you actually are just making poo poo up

so good job hopping on the ME TOO bandwagon and missing that you are actually helping trump. Sad!
at that point you can just say "well, what's the bowling green massacre? and that made-up attack in sweden?" but they'll say it's real because their god-emperor said it and he never lies

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

jesus christ stop making tweetstorms and just write your thoughts in a medium article or blog post or something

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Guy Goodbody posted:

Stop posting walls of tweets that gently caress up my scroll, you rear end in a top hat
to his credit, he reduced the dumb tweetstorm to two tweets and the people who quoted his original post should edit their posts

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

FuzzySkinner posted:

Seriously. These people are up their own rear end. It's actually comedy now.
ironically, it happens to be funnier than what passes for political comedy these days

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

breaklaw posted:

But see if you don't do that you are "erasing", "silencing" and "marginalizing" all of the non-straight white males in the entire world.
and committing violence, don't forget that

• Locked thread