Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SickZip
Jul 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

DoctorGonzo posted:

I think Hillary would also have lost to JEB!. I dont know if that is funnier or sadder!

Also Lastgirl: Dont drink too much. ITS BAD FOR YOUR HEALTH!

Hillary's ability to lose elections to literally anyone is an American treasure. It got us both a black secret muslim president and super hitler as president

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SickZip
Jul 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

HIJK posted:

The Handmaid's Tale wasn't terribly good compared to other dystopian stories like The Giver so it confuses me why it's being trotted out now. Relying on The Handmaid's Tale to make your case about reproductive rights is like the people who keep yammering about Harry Potter and it relates to politics.

I hate this trend, fiction is not a goddamn political platform!!!!!!

The Handmaid's Tale is literally the Turner Diaries for the left.

SickZip
Jul 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Taintrunner posted:

I'm not familiar with it, how so?

at the core, both are paranoid ventings of the spleen about the hidden monstrous nature of their political opponents and how if their allowed to win they're going to send <insert group the novel is intended to appeal to> to the rape mines.

SickZip
Jul 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Uncle Wemus posted:

Turner diaries suggests in total sincerity that upon societies collapse black people will "revert" to cannibalism and devour white women and children whereas rural white america will become a sunny utopia where pippi longstocking-esque young redheads grow fresh carrots and apples for free.

It also talks about how its ok for white supremacists to kill and rob convenience stores because thry do it for the RIGHT reasons.

The Handmaidens Tale suggests in total sincerity that upon societies collapse Christians will establish death camps, create a caste of women designated to be raped, and have people executed by having frenzied mobs tear them into pieces.

its super loving dumb

SickZip
Jul 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

passionate dongs posted:

terminator 2 suggests on august 29th 1997 there would be a robot uprising and it didnt happen how dumb

If terminator 2 was a political screed that was taught in schools and I was supposed to take it Seriously as a Cautionary Tale For Our Time then yes it would be hella dumb

SickZip
Jul 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Crane Fist posted:

Thanks for your opinion, guy who thinks Jeremy Christian was a Bernie-supporting antifa

He left a million references across the internet about supporting Bernie, hating Hillary, and with a couple positive but overwhelmingly negative references to Trump.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SickZip
Jul 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Byolante posted:

You really think democrats would fight a polite fascist

Democrats are very good about fighting polite fascists.

Its why theyre always infighting

• Locked thread