Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

get that OUT of my face posted:

i mean, say what you will about Schumer, the New Deal, and the Better Deal that he's more or less copying wholesale for 21st century application (and i do), but at least he's come up with something. the DNC will just look at it, ignore it, and keep doing their own thing

i mean id take the new deal 2.0 with some more leftism and minus the racism. the CCC is awesome thing and should be brought back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

FuzzySkinner posted:

Yeah, it just does feel creepy though.

I'm amazed at how much of a nose dive much of comedy has taken since Trump's election and the sort of opinions we're seeing now. I guess John Oliver on his show tonight said something like this:

"He's [Trump] gone [on vacation] but your life is still a torture chamber of fear and panic."

John...you've not been effected in the least bit by Trump's election, and more than likely? The same can be said of your audience. You make 2 million dollars per year and have a net worth of 5 million dollars. You have complete freedom to criticize the leader of your country to your heart's content. . You're not someone being deported, you're not an lgbt youth, you're not someone who's poor and struggling to make ends meet Please get off the cross.

true. but i like out of all the dipshits, i still like Oliver. he makes some good points on real issues and its not just "look how many jokes i can steal" or "look at me make lovely hot takes" like bee or handler.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Hemingway To Go! posted:

This is what I mean when I say that I'm worried the next gen is going to go alt right when their first exposure to leftist are these online dipshits taking over places for talking about kids hobbies.

yeah pretty much. nerds can be/are toxic shitheads but they will live and let live if you leave their dumb hobbies alone or at least get another real nerd to make the hobbies better. you dont use a bunch of wanna be hipsters/"critics" and headcases that can't even make a good game/movies/comics as your landing party and expect a good meeting. and i'll say yeah there are fucktards who would have gotten mad any attempt to add progressive values to nerd media, but they are fuckhead losers who want to jerk it to hentai.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Uncle Wemus posted:

Young adult fantasy is a cesspool of the insane

http://b00kstorebabe.blogspot.com/2017/03/review-black-witch-by-laurie-forest.html

https://twitter.com/Bookishwithtea/status/844422595797831681

https://twitter.com/annelisemonte/status/845672552382918656

the only good untouched YAF is redwall i guess.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Guy Goodbody posted:

You don't ave to be a crazy Tumblr SJW to see that Redwall is super racist

probaly lol. my gf LOVES the series, they are ok in my opinion but they get the same after awhile.

Uncle Wemus posted:

Is it all middle class white women ^^^

I know censorship is only when the government does it but when people join an angry mob and want something destroyed and attack anyone who read it or is even associated with it something doesn't seem right.

its almost always that. its a white lady or dude who is mad on the behalf of others or some poo poo.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Guy Goodbody posted:

They're fun children's books about cute animals, but every member of a given species has specific personality traits that are never deviated from, and there's even a book about a weasel or a ferret or one of the other evil races who gets raised by nice mice but still ends up evil because nothing trumps blood.

yeah pretty much. i got bored with them because of that, they never deviate from formula and it always ends up being the same story over and over again but with some gender/pallet swaps. that being said, most fantasy/scifi stuff sufferes from that issue. my gf gets more annoyed that "they dont fill in that ditch across from the abby because its always used as trench" or something like that.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

jesus gently caress. i guess his "new american majority" sure bit him in the rear end.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

FuzzySkinner posted:

I wonder how actual minorities feel about these people.

who knows. BLM is still mostly minority "led" at least but they sadly burned away alot of support, partly because shithead bigots and partly because stupid people in there ranks, which sucks.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

papa_november posted:

brian jacques: the first altfurry

"deus vault" screamed Mathias as he decapitated another big lipped weasel in hoodie. "WE WUZ KANGs" shouted cluny his giant nose and yamaka showing under his SJW commie marxist muslim garb. "for trump" Mathias shouted as he dug the mighty warrior's sword into the guts of cluny, "ahhhh" screamed cluny, jewishly.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

FuzzySkinner posted:

There's people with legitimate grievances in regards to worker's rights, justice reform, and being against war.

These people are not in #theresistance, nor would #theresistance give two shits about them.

Also as it turns out? The Anne Frank Center is well, uh

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2017/04/anne-frank-center/524055/

huh, i always assumed it was like the museum that ran the attic/house. guess not.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

FuzzySkinner posted:

Yeah they seem to do a lot of good.

I think the problem I'm seeing is grouping people who support trump/are right wingers with you know...actual neo-nazi's, kkk-types.

That's not an SPLC problem, but a broader problem I've seen from various people on my side of the aisle. Trump and his base is not some new phenomenon. When I hear and his supporters speak? I am not hearing anything different from what I've heard the Rush Limbaugh's of the world were saying back in the day.

But the online presence of guys like Richard Spencer? Yep. That's something I'm VERY disappointed to see being relevant.

yeah and no. i think the alt right are somewhat openly worse the limbaugh. limbaugh is smart enough to know he doesnt fully want what he gurgles about because he would be out of job or fired or some poo poo. alt right are mostly sadbrains, weird fringe race purists or con man who indirectly got their man in office. but they are vocal in public now and they know how to fight libs(or at least dumb ones) the biggest problem with the lefts/"lefts" response is its a bit like the story of the boy who cried wolf. they cried nazi/racist/sexist/etc so much that people either dont believe them or dont care. and now the wolves are out on the loving street and libs are too busy screaming about wonder woman or media violence or defending idiots to care. the alt right depresses the gently caress out of me espcialy seeing picks for their giant super rally tomorrow.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

ugh its Troika posted:

when people say alt-right I think of people like milo, the breitbart crew, their followers, etc who have made a living out of trolling the poo poo out of the left and getting paid to do it

https://twitter.com/aletweetsnews/s...r%3D5372%23pti8

i mean these shitheads.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

FuzzySkinner posted:

I think it's better to define those as 2nd generation Rush Limbaugh types. They're literally saying the same arguments I was hearing Limbaugh say on the radio back in the day. (Hating Feminism, etc).

Richard Spencer and his gang are pretty much David Duke 2nd gen types.

The issues that I've seen a lot of libs cry about is so goddamn irrelevant to the average joe/jill it's stunning.

yeah but it worries me. sure most of the alt right are weird autistic sperglords who get mad that women wont suck their dicks or there shithead ex lefty conmen or dumb gently caress youtube personalities but even a few years ago, they wouldnt of had the manpower for these marches or hell have a man in the white house who is on their wave length. these assfucks arnt gonna just go away. sure maybe trump will get thrown out because he is retarded corrupt rear end in a top hat and will push to hard and get hosed. but all it takes is someone with actual charisma and brains and they could get these fucks as followers. but the left/liberals is to scatter shot to do anything.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

HIJK posted:

The alt right came into being because the leftists refused to retrain the worst of SJWism and the like. The pendulum is swinging back and there's nothing that can stop that now.

pretty much. gamergate was the loving warning sign and the wokes hosed up in handling badly, if they had been smarter the poo poo would have died in its crib. but shitfucks like milo and cernovich and others saw there chance to get recruits and they got them. i doubt it would have stopped it but it may have delayed it a bit.

Dapper_Swindler has issued a correction as of 04:21 on Aug 12, 2017

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Weeping Wound posted:

well, at least we threw it out of GBS when we had the chance :confuoot:

sorta, but that was kinda half the issue. forums were smart to do that. the biggest problem is all the sites immediately went into lockdown/super defense mode and then did the whole "all gamers are sexist/racist poo poo" hard when it didnt work. its a stupid move and Quinn. she was eh developer a bad taste in men who got hosed over by her lovely mad ex. she isnt worth throwing your entire readership under the bus. make some q story about the poo poo she went through, and if poo poo got worse let the journos who may have hosed her go quietly satisfy the dumb mob. its lovely thing but its better then streisand effecting it to hell. personaly from watching the whole thing, the whole thing was just the straw that broke the camals back from nerds who wanted regular consumerist gaming news and not stupid hot take think pieces/callout poo poo about how witcher is the evilist thing to come out ever. it sucks and now we have it even worse because they are marching in torch light parades.

Dapper_Swindler has issued a correction as of 04:35 on Aug 12, 2017

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

FuzzySkinner posted:

my question is this.

How do you in theory...weaken these sorts of groups? It's obvious we've isolated the cause (Upper classSJW's, The Arthur Chu's of the world, Call out cultures) and the effect (Alt. Right, Trump being elected). But there's gotta be something that we can do to ensure we're back at a point where things are weakened in that realm.

The alt right will probably fall on it's own, especially if trump keeps loving himself all the time. Angry lovely stuff like them can't keep stable forever and will turn on each other. THe wokes will eventually burn out, but probably not fast enough.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

MaxxBot posted:

The good thing about the alt-right is that there seems to be little focus on actual organization and politics, contrast that with the religious right who were hyperfocused on grassroots politics and were able to translate that into outsized influence of their odious ideas.

Pretty much, it's all dumb "meme" warfare and edgy /pol/ poo poo wrapped in lovely hodgepodge pygin nazism.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

even if they didn't disillusion gamers, you've still got undercurrents of misogyny and racism on other parts of the internet. it wouldn't have made a difference, really

True :( It would have happened somewhere else online at some point.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Weeping Wound posted:

it's almost as if reactionary behavior empowers reactionary politics :thunk:

I've honestly not really give more than a surface-level go at thinking about how the heck to use social media. Use it to propagate your planks and your beliefs rather than just pile on like kindling on a fire?

its why i am sorta mixed on the massive purges of right wing shitheads on youtube/facebook/google/etc. i dont disagree with it. most of the people getting purged are racist shitheads or alt right/hard right trump chudds who spread lies 24/7 but i feel like this will end up biting us all in the rear end.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

MaxxBot posted:

I still :lol: over the fact that the wokes went all in on Azealia Banks despite all of the warning signs and she ended up turning into a Trump supporter.

They seem to always pick awful mountains to die on.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

FuzzySkinner posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCUrTMmtHbo&

I always felt David Pakman kinda nailed their culture in this piece.

I think it's also made the idiots that we saw lighting torches last night feeling empowered as well.

In Milo's defense? While his values are certainly bad (Millennial Rush Limbaugh), I will say that the "actual" alt right can't stand him because of his sexuality and his race (jewish, greek). Same could even be said about Shapiro and a few others. That's right about the point where conservative ends and white nationalist begins to honest.

Perhaps it'd be easier if we just attached "conservative" to those people's beliefs, and just flat out called Richard Spencer a neo-nazi. The all encompassing "Alt right" banner is not a good thing in some ways.

well now they are getting their nazi asses thrown out and beat up right now. as the other threads have said. the mayor saw a ton of them had weapons and made it a unlawful assembly. now the cops and antifa and blm are going bug gently caress on them.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

i stumbled upon this AV Club article with a defense of multicultural, "socially conscious" movie criticism that's just a checklist of woke vocabulary. the writer even called this new generation of critics "steeped in intersectional politics." i liked this response to this self-congratulatory bullshit column:

this. the issue is for every decent or good one like lidsey ellis, you have a bunch of lovely ones like moviebob or buzzfeed or weird tankie moral puritans like mctosh who use it to validate their bullshit.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

ugh its Troika posted:

I personally think big gaming websites are mostly obsolete. They are an outgrowth of 90s gaming mags, which were once important because the internet was still tiny and gay back then. Now? I can find out anything I want about a game by Googling a bit and checking out some YouTube videos. I don't need to engage with a community slowly filling with shrieking genderblobs who melt the gently caress down because some poo poo shows a tit, or has too many/too few black characters, or doesn't cater to some Tumblr idiot's pronoun thesaurus of the week.

yeah. most of the critcal sites have generaly evolved and hired much better people and the bad stuff is mostly from certain writers or polygon in general. waypoint overall is pretty good. being critcal of works isnt the problem. its being good at it and also finding people who enjoy the hobby as well as being critical.

Dapper_Swindler has issued a correction as of 01:49 on Aug 13, 2017

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Hodgepodge posted:

yeah, this was their line going into this on the people who actually stood up and did something:

https://twitter.com/katz_oversight/status/896553041826074624

well yeah they are dumb pussies, even the GOP is smart enough to loving distance themselves quick as gently caress from the alt right.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

FuzzySkinner posted:

It makes me feel all the more disgusted I saw these people smeared.

Here they are, the idiot lanyard/blue checkmark upperclass libs finger wagging at the very people who were actually protecting minorities, lgbt, and others from a hoard of nazi's. 3 of them lost their loving lives.

I want these people to publicly apologize to those they smeared as "Bernie bros" for questioning their character, and then to step the gently caress aside.

e: I don't always agree with DSA. But I'll be damned if I'd rather march hand in hand with them rather than the shitheads that smeared them.

i think alot of these dips are gonna shut the gently caress up after this.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Byolante posted:

Your post started ok and ended up defending an attempted spree killer. Probably should go back and try again.

loving this. i have my issues with libs and woke poo poo and even blm/antifa. but i am perfectly fine with nazi/alt right fucktards getting hosed over and censored to an extent especially after this poo poo.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

sword_man.gif posted:

*screeches into thread with smoke coming off heels*

guys, guys, i think we've found someone we all can feel free to mock

my brain is bleeding. i thought bronies kinda died off a year ago.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Trumps Baby Hands posted:

so what about the ACLU, who have been defending neo-nazi marches (including this specific march) for decades? are they "on the side of nazis" or "defending facists" by ensuring these rallys happen?

the do alot of good but they have issues which this weekend has shown(as well as the past decades)

call to action posted:

What's wrong with being a dudebro anyways, is that like the male version of bimbo or something

because they tend to be giant douchbags.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

call to action posted:

I've done nothing of the sort

this was posted here though
[/quote]

i am surprised jones finaly went all the way there.

Serf posted:

telling people not to worry about nazis is pretty nazi

https://twitter.com/austin_walker/status/896451470668771331

austin aint wrong. yeah they are weird looking sperglords but like 200 or so of them marching around screaming nazi poo poo is scary as gently caress.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

FuzzySkinner posted:

https://twitter.com/jon_bois/status/897134785486880769

I can't blame anyone for saying "stick to sports" any more. I think people are about to go insane in this country and are BEGGING for some sort of distraction from their daily lives. I don't think it's coming from a place of racism or being apathetic about matters. Rather I think a good portion of those people feel like they have little to no power on the subject and just are tired.

The obsession with the Kaepernick story is bordering on...bizarre. I don't think people who follow football actually care nor would they want on him their team.

It just reminds me of Nick Mullen on CumTown talking about how Comedy was about to go way down the shitter in the age of trump. The "BUT SERIOUSLY GUYS, THINGS ARE hosed UP" faux outrage is wearing thin on people.

i dont get why people view him as this political super star. yeah he didnt jerk off and instead took a knee/sat/whatever when the national anthem played. cool/good, he made a statement and triggered fucktard conservatives. thats it. he also happens to be a terrible football player apperently. idk

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

sword_man.gif posted:

while i'm at it

what the gently caress is this insanity?

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

He makes some ok points about Americas whole mythology of perfection around our various leaders. Article is eh but makes some points.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

FuzzySkinner posted:

Trying to think of a good way of saying this.

I think the ideas that guys like FDR, Teddy, Washington and Lincoln are worth idolizing, remembering. They themselves were merely men, and made a lot of mistakes. But there's a lot of ideas that we should, as Americans, as Human Beings take from some of their accomplishments.

I think FDR is currently my favorite president because he was probably the closest we've ever gotten to someone enacting true socialist reforms on various matters in regards to the economy. Social Security and various "New Deal" programs have been his legacy. Those are things I wish this country would go forward with and bring back.

The current DNC has no interest in using him as an icon and it's bullshit. They're more likely to go :allears: at Reagan than ever say anything good about the most successful, popular democratic president that has ever lived.

FDR also did interment camps and a lot of those programs didn't help minorities. Those are legitimate criticisms of the man, and it's why he's not the 2nd coming of Jesus Christ. My hope would be when someone looks at those various monuments dedicated to those men that they would feel inspired/compelled to continue the good of what they stood for, and expand on it.

pretty much. i am history major and you learn that poo poo right away. i am gonna sound like an alt right dipshit but i dont like the politicization history(and no its the the "evil sjw liberals/colleges doing it) its bad ways of saying it. its more, i hate the super black and white duality alot of people use as lense, left and right.(and the left left does it too, zinn included, he is great starting point for learning a more populist history and the pulling back the myth making, but he makes every rich guy in history the evilest gently caress who ever lived and goes AmerKKKa alot, he isnt wrong persay but he will make sorta lovely people look like magical angels just as much as the right does.)

Like i love Teddy Roosevelt even though i am pretty left leaning guy. he did a lot of lovely things but he also did alot of good that pushed progressive ideas even if he wasnt debs. and stuff evolves over time, for example the animal conservation movement. for a long time speciese were mostly being conserved through taxadermy or drawings. hell most of the conservationists thought this was good thing, they assumed animals would all be killed off for fashion trends or hunting or art. so they decided it would be best to keep them preserved so when they were all dead we would know what they looked like. eventualy a bunch them realized there mistakes and modern conservation was born. history is complex like that.

basicaly the right tries to make all these people magical super christian saints who did all that was right and good, and the left take issue with that. the problem is part of the left burried it self up its own rear end in a top hat so basicaly you have to be sinless to not be "problamatic" and teachable. its probably why they like fictional brands so much.

Dapper_Swindler has issued a correction as of 00:12 on Aug 19, 2017

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

i am mixed with the whedon poo poo. on one hand it doesnt surprise me that he was a hypocritical shitfuck who covered up his own moral failings by making GBS threads on others. woke idpol purists are the left equivalent of evangelicals culture warriors(cept at least the wokes have their heart in the right place) but why are they treating being a decent person(not being a bigot/respecting others) are some weird religious cult.
https://twitter.com/radicalbytes/status/899428956352294912

https://twitter.com/radicalbytes/status/899438698223198209

https://twitter.com/radicalbytes/status/899459842158370817

i get what he means but assholes like him sound like its loving death cult. no wonder shitheads like weadon and that movie critic date rapist can slip in so loving easy.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Uncle Wemus posted:

There is no reason to ever acknowledge Jonny mac

ehh, he is funny and broken the only good thing he has ever done(well currently doing) is making screed videos about how sexist/bad big bang theory is.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Uncle Wemus posted:

Isn't he making the big bucks doing videos where he gushes about Steven universe

sorta. he used to be not making much but then he got lucky with one of his vids and all the clickbait sites loved it and he almost making 1000 an video. most of it is generic poo poo. he has all the dumb lovely idpol liberal poo poo with tankie poo poo mixed in.

https://www.patreon.com/popdetective

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

i dunno how much money hbomberguy makes on his patreon but - maybe

i hope he makes money his vids are good.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

i mean ben shapiro is a gigantic piece of poo poo and hella racist

cool maybe he will get his face broken.

in more mock news.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/ne...medium=referral

farci is getting his old job back probaly and apperently was never really fired and his dickhead boss had people fired who called farci out on his poo poo. woke twitter is divided. alot of say he converted to buddism and is cured and all should be forgiven and others are saying he is a evil piece of poo poo who should be rightly sacked permanently.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/fantastic-fest-programmer-quits-rehiring-controversial-blogger-devin-faraci-1038541

one of the sad and kind of embarrassing repercussions of seeing writers and institutions who fancy themselves as progressives and femenists fall on their sword to defend Devin Faraci of all people.

I mean, Devin was initially called out when victims couldn't handle the hypocrisy of attacking Trump from the Billy Bush tape... the same behavior Devin is guilty of. Now his colleagues are acting like Billy Bush and others who enabled Trump to act that way. It's ridiculous how they're throwing away their integrity to make an exception for Devin. It's gross behavior, full stop.

https://twitter.com/sharnacious/status/908361951377489921

here is farci new statement. its woke bullshit about how clean and not a molesting prick he is.

Dapper_Swindler has issued a correction as of 00:57 on Sep 15, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

there's a sports site mostly based in canada called The Athletic, where you pay a few bucks a month to read good sports articles written by people who have been fired from tv or online media companies. i want somebody to bring that model to pop culture writing because this poo poo is getting out of hand. the words "most important blow job" should not be written or spoken ever

whats important about it? does it show jizz or something. is bukkake progressive?

• Locked thread