Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

FuzzySkinner posted:

i don't understand why Islam and Feminism is suddenly compatible

FuzzySkinner posted:

i'm fine with the Hijab, I'm fine with people practicing islam.

it takes a certain finesse to make a sadbrains thread and have the saddest brained things in it be what people keep unironically posting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
"virtue signalling", i posted, smugly, knowing that i had won the war inside my head

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Fiction posted:

this is that good good C-SPAM content huh

so there I was, hog at half mast, browsing the neogaf forums for some good and sexy fan art, when I came across THIS loser,

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

call to action posted:

Are we seriously debating whether more workers drives down wages or not? And why is it always the laborers that need to bear the brunt of this, never the tut-tutting liberals hacking away at their keyboards while they're supposed to be tweeting dank memes?

im sorry u have lost faith in the free market friendo

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

reject capitalism, burn your bowties

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Baloogan posted:

:scream: oh no produce will be 10% more expensive if we can't exploit immigrants in slave-like-conditions how will we SURVIVE

we need to close the gap and allow legal immigrants and citizens alike to also work in slave-like conditions

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
https://twitter.com/Toshi_TNE/status/840008902540460032

#killallgamers

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Dapper_Swindler posted:

http://kotaku.com/a-very-serious-conversation-about-orc-romance-in-shadow-1793138994

lol, kotaku at least knows the level of shittyness they are now. maybe if they had a orc suck grayson's dick he would write a real article. it worked in the past.

what the gently caress is wrong with your brain

maybe try to limit your time online and seek professional help

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Office Surprise Store posted:

she's autist. note that she expresses none of the traits that would accompany this, nor indeed, is it even brought up in game. but totally trust us: she's representative of them.

its deeply represented in the mechanics in that you dont want to get anywhere close to her or her hovel

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

BexGu posted:

Its best not to talk about the containment forum. That's the kind of attention they want.

https://twitter.com/Tzereter/status/840763175201062912

who the gently caress is this loser

https://twitter.com/Tzereter/status/841186098512568320

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
im amazed at how consistently this thread manages to point to bad poo poo while having the person pointing be several degrees more mockable

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Agean90 posted:

such is the fate of all dedicated mock threads

i will never not laugh at someone just casually reading nazi anime twitter and discovering that Lena Dunham Is Bad And People Need To Know, and kramering into the thread so hard they spill their crunchwrap

"did u know she did this thing with her sister????" proudly posted like an idiot dog that wants to show off how they made poopy on the floor

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

call to action posted:

Where does that leave you, in this analogy? Some person who stays at a place they don't like and watches dogs poo poo?

it doesnt because im just sitting here laughing?

while i fully believe you should find your own way, there might be better ways than making sure u take time out of your day to be mad at lena dunham's continued existence

lots of things in this world are bad, and you should find ways to laugh at them and find joy in the world instead of stewing in unoriginal repetition of the same few mean and petty jokes!!!!

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
https://twitter.com/CNBCnow/status/841400006112366592

lol how quickly the democrats forget that this was the guy who refused to press charges against any bankers back in '08

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Crane Fist posted:

What does he actually have to do with BLM? Google is a rat's nest on the issue

BLM doesnt have any real centralization so i dont know what you mean by that

hes seems to be a somewhat naive guy who also is unashamedly black and argues for black issues and does stuff like campaign zero

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

comedyblissoption posted:

do clinton voters and obama supporters like not see anything wrong with how the democratic party handled the financial crisis with respect to wall street fraud. i'm just a simple man trying to understand here.

its all along the left. the moderate wing is too naive to have values that come with a direct cost, while bernie voters aren't old enough to remember the financial crisis

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Oh Snapple! posted:

he also argues for charter schools, ftr

yes, naive guy is naive

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Oh Snapple! posted:

I don't think there's anything naive about it tbqh. Not when TFA is willing to bankroll him.

when a person believes people are fundamentally good and honest about their motivations, they're gonna get taken to the fuckin cleaners

charter schools are one of those things with a lot of appeal in the abstract because you can Do Things Different

that they're hilarious money laundering schemes in reality is easy to blame on the actors rather than the concept vOv

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Oh Snapple! posted:

Given how lucrative deray has made his "activism" it's really hard to see how he's been "taken to the cleaners." dude knows exactly what the gently caress he's doing, and it becomes more apparent when you remember that his tenure as HR director for Baltimore schools was marked by ruthlessly firing teachers - directly in-line with TFA's union-busting bullshit.

Dude's not stupid or naive by any means.

lol

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Dapper_Swindler posted:

so what do people think about the johntron stuff.

a loving idiot, always been a loving idiot, anyone who cares about him is a loving idiot

qed

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
bad parents will always find a way to break their children

only difference is that, sadly, "hmm im going to leave this eight year old alone with pewdiepie videos for six hours a day every day" isnt grounds to take their kids away

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

get that OUT of my face posted:

why are so many youtube personalities tacking hard right

punching down makes for easy jokes, and punching down as a political philosophy is fascism

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Guy Goodbody posted:

I honestly don't think the alt-right would be half as big as it is if it weren't for South Park singlehandedly making casual anti-semitism acceptable again.

worse than that is the way south park humor is so rooted in "both sides are always equally bad, therefore the problem is actually the people who have opinions"

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

get that OUT of my face posted:

you couldn't have picked a better example of an authoritarian figure in internet social justice. i guess she deleted the tweet but she once said she admires the "immigrant diaspora" for being so family focused and remaining "fiercely united." sounds a bit... volkish to me

being glad that a bunch of wholly different cultures came here and kept their culture alive is the opposite of 'volkish' bullshit

and, on a broader level, don't confuse authoritarianism with violence. violence is inherent in the exercise of power, and people using violent language in their resistance is part of the nature of the power dynamic - for many people, being lovely on twitter is the only way they can feel like they're changing anything or part of a system due to how incredibly hosed the american political system is. those actions also serve to push the overton window; if the "correct" position is somewhere to the right of them, you need those people who are "wrong" to normalize your preferred position

that's drastically different from actual authoritarianism. i'll take ten thousand nobodys on twitter or tumblr writing stupid poo poo that nobody but themselves read over one steve bannon

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

mysterious frankie posted:

Twitter would be exponentially improved if they banned or probated people for writing what should be a blog update in the form of a billion loving contiguous tweets. poo poo, the writers' lives would probably be improved too.

im glad we have insane posting all billion contiguous tweets in this thread tho

nothing really says 'comfortable grip on sanity' like a neverending pants poo poo about some guy who struggles to break into the double digits of retweets

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
mods please rename this pit of sorrow "the woke gamergate thread"

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
https://twitter.com/MaximMag/status/844546242814398464

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Guy Goodbody posted:

I've heard that it has lesbians and butt stuff.

please respect other posters' experiences

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
https://twitter.com/heatstreet/status/845005866852061187

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

have u considered that it is u who are the fail aids

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

spit on my clit posted:

it bugs me that we can just bully game companies about people we dont like until they say "gently caress, they won't give us a break!" and drop them.

:capitalism:

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

ate poo poo on live tv posted:

Yep, it creates a tyranny of the majority situation and we will lose a lot of cool games as long as giant publishers are the gate keepers of content. Steam has been good so far, but there are no guarantees they continue.

And yea, obviously that's capitalism and one of the many reasons it is bad.

oh yeah there's all these great and amazing games that get right up to the cusp of being made but then someone says "why are you racist" and then the game collapses

you're a loving idiot

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
the way people shied away from my riveting and cutting edge video game when i announced the title as JEW-HATER 9000 is just further proof that capitalism is bad, rather than my own opinions, i posted on the internet like an utter imbecile

please feel sorry for me and my insanely lovely decisions :( :( :(

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Lastgirl posted:

that looks like a terrible game and its probably a good thing it was shelved

they made the right choice

but it was being made by the same people responsible for such masterpieces as...uhhh

????

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

spit on my clit posted:

nobody said it'd be good, just that the exact thing you said did indeed happen.

mormonpartyboat posted:

oh yeah there's all these great and amazing games

mormonpartyboat posted:

you're a loving idiot

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
extremely dumb idiot, corn kernels spraying all over the keyboard and monitor with every keyboard click and clack, lithium addled heart barely able to pump enough blood to the stubby fingers: "being an insanely lovely bigot and pushing those lovely ideas through your game prevents it from being good"

not so much a poster as a greek god in the shape of an enlightened mortal who read a dril tweet once, forced to put on sunglasses as the radiance of the retort takes shape: "my man, what about JEW KILLER 9000, my flash game that was removed from newgrounds"

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
rofl

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

ate poo poo on live tv posted:

Nah, the main character is an aryan cyborg that was put into a time capsule by hitler to kill jews in the year 3000 as a "failsafe solution."

finaler solution

• Locked thread