Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
https://medium.com/@matthewstoller/on-mocking-dying-working-class-white-people-d0ea653a91a9#.doubn2pmu

:mrwhite:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Grondoth posted:

I donno what that emote means

it means kill whitey

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

passionate dongs posted:

my original point is that, while you very well could trace popular liberal beliefs to intro to postcolonialism classes or whatever, they are simply regurgitating values and not employing any actual faculties from these disciplines

if you study liberals you might also find they breathe oxygen

human beings preferring to deal with labels rather than ideas to minimize effort involved is loving elementary

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

steinrokkan posted:

The fact that Hillary picked "gosh darned Bush was too much of a brilliant schemer for me to see through his web of intrigue" as the best possible defense of her vote is a terribly underappreciated page in the election saga.

its not a bad defense

i mean like the 9/11 aumf was literally billed as "lets go murder dudes now no restrictions" and the bombing started before the bill was submitted, while the iraq aumf had enough softening language and contingencies and whatnots to need a six month windup for casus belli

that people poo poo their pants still today about the iraq aumf while ignoring the 9/11 aumf entirely shows that ya'll all loving punks and probably too young to actually remember any of what happened

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
:same:

also it would have been v rude to bring up the foreverwar bill since everyone voted for it wholeheartedly including all the :jerkbag: icons like ron paul and bernie sanders

except barbara lee lol

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

the trump tutelage posted:

You can't compare the two.

no, you really can't

the 9/11 aumf is plainly worded to give the president unlimited and indefinite military power against anyone the president unilaterally deems to fall under the umbrella of it

the iraq war aumf was literally unnecessary to go to war in iraq (from a domestic standpoint, at least) because of how broad the 9/11 aumf was. the iraq aumf was more part of a larger political casus belli strategy to get the un to join in. that's why it's so much larger and has so much language tying itself to the un. the democratic hawks were interested in saber rattling and possible invasion to enforce un resolutions that nominally authorized military action, and saw bringing the un in as a mitigating factor for us military adventurism

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
its also important to remember that most of what made iraq such an unbelievable clusterfuck was the way it was carried out - de-ba'athification was more destabilizing than the invasion itself

if there was a competent administration that went in rather than the pnac hegemons, i imagine it could have been wholly possible to force regime change, scope out the MOUNTAINS OF WMDS THAT WERE TOTALLY THERE, and gtfo within a year

like nearly everything else, democrats were undermined by their naivete and belief in the fundamental good of humans' intentions

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

the trump tutelage posted:

listen bub if what you're saying is that america is a manifestation of lucifer on earth then you won't hear an argument from me

hail satan

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

FuriousxGeorge posted:

The 9/11 AUMF was obviously too expansive but

lmao

• Locked thread