Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
passionate dongs
May 23, 2001

Snitchin' is Bitchin'
fwd: fwd: twitter egg proves liberals are pedophiles who want white genocide!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

passionate dongs
May 23, 2001

Snitchin' is Bitchin'
posts own at no one in particular

heh... owned

passionate dongs
May 23, 2001

Snitchin' is Bitchin'
i shadowbox libtards with my powerful brain while im in the shower

here are some of my more potent owns

passionate dongs
May 23, 2001

Snitchin' is Bitchin'
gently caress platter and ghost bitch are good art names

passionate dongs
May 23, 2001

Snitchin' is Bitchin'
i wish my name was ghost bitch

passionate dongs
May 23, 2001

Snitchin' is Bitchin'
donald trump is president of the united states of america

passionate dongs
May 23, 2001

Snitchin' is Bitchin'
The liberals—"Social Justice Warriors", also called the Lefties, known to the Chiss and Ferroans as the Far Outsiders, and sometimes incorrectly abbreviated to Woke (which implied that one was disowned by their family and their gods)—were a sentient species that nearly destroyed the New Republic, and were responsible for the deaths of nearly 365 trillion sentient beings during their invasion of the galaxy.

passionate dongs
May 23, 2001

Snitchin' is Bitchin'
The Social Justice Warriors and their Chazrach slaves were among the few alien species known to originate outside the galaxy (the only known others being the Silentium and the Abominor). A typical Social Justice Warrior resembled a Human in form, though they were taller and heavier than the average Human and had less hair on their heads. The Social Justice Warrior were religious zealots, who viewed mechanical technology as blasphemy. Their technological innovations were genetically engineered and purely organic. Additionally, the Social Justice Warrior deeply respected pain to the point of masochism, and strove to improve their physical capabilities through organ grafting. Such grafting was a status symbol within Social Justice Warrior society

passionate dongs
May 23, 2001

Snitchin' is Bitchin'

ate poo poo on live tv posted:

Can we talk about how "bashing the fash" is toxic masculinity?

this would be a killer if you were arguing a robot from the 70s whose weakeness was logical paradoxes

passionate dongs
May 23, 2001

Snitchin' is Bitchin'

toxic masculinity

passionate dongs
May 23, 2001

Snitchin' is Bitchin'
i thought he became very poor through divorce and had to sell his hair for alimony

passionate dongs
May 23, 2001

Snitchin' is Bitchin'

the trump tutelage posted:

Are there any male critics of toxic masculinity who aren't either blobs or a toneless androgynes?

what kind of man are you looking for

passionate dongs
May 23, 2001

Snitchin' is Bitchin'
a strong virile man?

passionate dongs
May 23, 2001

Snitchin' is Bitchin'
the only word i'll believe is that of a man who can crush my head with his powerful thighs

passionate dongs
May 23, 2001

Snitchin' is Bitchin'

get that OUT of my face posted:

i thought "punching down" was a mortal sin in internet comedy. practice what you preach, maya

is it punching down if i say you are dumb rear end for thinking that this trump voting silicon valley dude is disenfranchised in some way

passionate dongs
May 23, 2001

Snitchin' is Bitchin'
someone has slandered this forum, i cant believe it

passionate dongs
May 23, 2001

Snitchin' is Bitchin'
this man, a web comic artist, has written a blog post slandering this community.

he is truly a member of "they"

passionate dongs
May 23, 2001

Snitchin' is Bitchin'

passionate dongs
May 23, 2001

Snitchin' is Bitchin'

get that OUT of my face posted:

it doesn't help when you've got genuinely spiteful people like sam biddle and jeb lund that are prominent in certain corners online and get celebrated for their targets because of "punching up" bullshit. if people weren't automatically assholes to other people that don't agree on slight issues, the internet nazi movement wouldn't be so widespread

wow!!!!

passionate dongs
May 23, 2001

Snitchin' is Bitchin'
i hope that post did not make u a nazi

passionate dongs
May 23, 2001

Snitchin' is Bitchin'
this thread really tells it like it is

straight talk

passionate dongs
May 23, 2001

Snitchin' is Bitchin'
tbh i was hoping this thread would be more rigorous, but ibstead im supposed to mock twitter eggs, anime avatars, a dam, and They

passionate dongs
May 23, 2001

Snitchin' is Bitchin'

super sweet best pal posted:

Maybe they're sick of self-censoring and think it's easier to pander to a crowd that doesn't go berserk whenever they say a bigoted joke now and then?

it is easy to pander to racist morons, yes

passionate dongs
May 23, 2001

Snitchin' is Bitchin'
man i still dont know what wokes actially believe

passionate dongs
May 23, 2001

Snitchin' is Bitchin'
me and Woke dont play the same video games We Are Divided

passionate dongs
May 23, 2001

Snitchin' is Bitchin'
why is everybody fighting in fuzzyskinbers blog

passionate dongs
May 23, 2001

Snitchin' is Bitchin'
oh yes hmm hmm the free market is a fascist tool invoked by sjws yes

passionate dongs
May 23, 2001

Snitchin' is Bitchin'
censorship yes, the state should mandate bad game time for all citizens, it is the freest of speech, an essential service

passionate dongs
May 23, 2001

Snitchin' is Bitchin'
ah we better archive the good posts, the thought police are here

passionate dongs
May 23, 2001

Snitchin' is Bitchin'

Call Me Charlie posted:

Going back to Dave Chappelle.

What Is Dave Chappelle’s Problem With Gay People?
https://newrepublic.com/article/141550/dave-chappelles-problem-gay-people

And here's the actual joke.

man what a good joke

passionate dongs
May 23, 2001

Snitchin' is Bitchin'

Dapper_Swindler posted:

i had good home and went to a normal public school, when i was alot younger(like 10-14) i was a giant conservative dickhead, because my extended family(including the "cool" uncle) were conservative, eventualy i just grew out of it and was a socialy woke type liberal(though not the dickhead kind) for alot of obama's term.

i slowly went leftie thanks to dumb shits on D&D and twitter/tumblr/facebook. i got tired of the purity moralizing bullshit and how EVERYTHING IS POLITICAL bullshit, i come from academic background so it irritated me to see these dumbfucks misuses and abuse academic terms and ideals though so they could use it as moral/censoring cudgle, they have no form of entertainment that is acceptable. This is because most of them are firm post-modernists, in that everything is problematic according to whatever imaginary reason they want. bascialy they are humorless cunts. Not to mention anything they do enjoy easily be twisted because of post-modernism, so they can't enjoy anything. they want to posit themself as thes erudite academics "educating" people. The problem is that the poo poo they pushing only flies in academia with professors(and honesly, it wouldn't fly with most of them either) It is not remotely reflective of reality in the least. The reality is that life really sucks and people are going to do what entertains them and they don't care for some pathetic, whiny, rich white cunts to shame them because said oval office's feel bad about their accident of birth.
moral purity is like the opposite of postmodernism so i think you've made a mistake somewhere here

passionate dongs
May 23, 2001

Snitchin' is Bitchin'
and like, a variety of readings, even if it includes things about what an author may not have intended, is not postmodernism either

passionate dongs
May 23, 2001

Snitchin' is Bitchin'
and if you really want to get into it, american republicans have been exercising potent postmodern rhetoric and reasoning since at least 2000. that isn't a controversial opinion

passionate dongs
May 23, 2001

Snitchin' is Bitchin'
if you want to critique postmodernism, tell your closest postmodernist that donald trump is president

passionate dongs
May 23, 2001

Snitchin' is Bitchin'

rudatron posted:

Neo conservatism is a reaction against post modernism, and the sjw liberals are absolutely post modernist.

They don't actually believe they're implementing a kind of moral purity, but that is actually where they've gone

It all stems from the idea that facts are subjective, but that you're morally obligated to believe the oppressed, because their oppression means that their subjectivity is often marginalized, so to be moral, you have to go with them

Now there's an element is truth to that, confirmation bias is real, but being oppressed gives you no special insight into how the world works, everyone is affected by confirmation bias in the same way, everyone's perspective is wrong, which is why you have to treat things scientifically, to overcome that bias, to find objective truth

But the other problem is more insidious - since you've created a hierarchy of who determines truth, ambitious people will of course use that hierarchy to gain power, which you do by playing the victim

And since class is invisible to these guys, the people at the top are still incredibly privileged

but to stay at the top, they have to play a constant game of inventing issues, and calling them out,

And the more absurd they sound, the more clicks they get, so you're incentivized to keep 'pushing the boundary', because making an absurd claim of victimization, and then intellectualizing it (using as much jargon as possible), makes you look like a serious thinker

So without really intending to, the whole system becomes one of demonstrating your virtue, by demonstrating the lack of virtue/moral inferiority of as many other people as possible

And the more people you can make look morally inferior to you, the better you look
you're trying to build a narrative around how epistemologically unsound liberals are, and how neoconservatism embraced pomo to combat liberalism. the thing is that the political left of the US, the people who vote and get into office, never embraced postmodernism. this was a thing of academic liberal eggheads, where they spend all day talking about an anarchist/marxist utopia, generally stuff that terrifies democrats as much as it terrifies republicans.

"sjw"ism has nothing to do with pomo, it is run-of-the-mill facile attempt cultural critique. it's important we keep this straight because, well

ate poo poo on live tv posted:

Who the gently caress cares about the classification?

how postmodern!

passionate dongs
May 23, 2001

Snitchin' is Bitchin'
my goodness you guys need to get off twitter

passionate dongs
May 23, 2001

Snitchin' is Bitchin'

rudatron posted:

The anticapitalist stuff scares off dems, but these guys I'm talking about aren't as anti-capitalist as you think, and in many cases they've reconciled the excesses of capitalism with diversions into race and gender, which absolutely did embrace post modernism

I also think you've underestimated just how far things have gone. Let me demonstrate.

Bernie presented a fairly standards 60s/new deal agenda, and he was attacked for being out of touch on racial issues, and therefore unqualified - not simply racist, because that didn't hold up, but having not done all the performative acts required to demonstrate wokeness, ie he was insufficiently virtuous

That's pomo versus modernism - Bernie presented a vision for a futures society, a grand narrative (modernism), the centre charged him with being an oppressor because he erased race or whatever (pomo)

i totally agree that all kinds if narratives are spun, my main point here is that i dont think your run of the mill liberal tweeters are actually knowingly applying any pomo, post structural forms of reasoning, and that its second hand values and wishful thinking.

the same thing can be said for trump supporters, trump lies at a rate of like 100 lies a day, mostly saying things have no bearing on reality -- are trump supporters in the lineage of pomo thought? do they think academic liberals gave rhem tools to meme their president into being? id argue that no-- most trump supporters, just like their liberal counterparts are simply performing values that make them feel good about the folks they want to empathize with

my original point is that, while you very well could trace popular liberal beliefs to intro to postcolonialism classes or whatever, they are simply regurgitating values and not employing any actual faculties from these disciplines

passionate dongs
May 23, 2001

Snitchin' is Bitchin'

rudatron posted:

They don't have to be knowingly applying pomo to say that pomo has had this effect. Pulling a special pleading of "well Tumblr kids aren't really practising post modernism because they're not academics" is asinine - they're taking the post modernism to its absurd conclusion. The fact that they end up with absurd conclusions isn't a condemnation of them as individuals, is an indictment of post modernism itself. They, through their stupidity, are demonstrating the stupidity inherent in post modernism, that learned academics won't expose

Because said academics are usually normal people with ideas of 'common sense', ie, the academics are smart enough to be able to ignore the glaring flaws of post modernism, and just selectively apply it when it's useful to them.

The Tumblr kids, lacking that external restraint, apply it everywhere - they are the true 'post modernists', not the academics

In other words, to do anything of substance, you have to ditch post modernism as soon as possible - which of course the academics do, but subtly, without anyone noticing

yeah sorry this isnt a real thing but im not gonna convince you otherwise

passionate dongs
May 23, 2001

Snitchin' is Bitchin'
isnt quibbling over how whatever minute thing is or isnt racist exactly what ughhhhhh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

passionate dongs
May 23, 2001

Snitchin' is Bitchin'
sorry i should have finished: isnt keeping score and being unhappy that people dont have your shame calibrations, what this thread seems to do a lot of, basically uh... what "wokes" do

like, are we supposed to feel smug about the woke tweeter who feels smug about their own self awarenes

has this thread been the wokest all along?

• Locked thread