Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
passionate dongs
May 23, 2001

Snitchin' is Bitchin'
zee bottle of cohkahcola can be enjohyed shmashted on ze head of ze pepeisht, but deshires to be imbibed in full viehw to the nahtrual end of globalizahshon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

passionate dongs
May 23, 2001

Snitchin' is Bitchin'
ctrl-f "they"

passionate dongs
May 23, 2001

Snitchin' is Bitchin'
i am so offended

passionate dongs
May 23, 2001

Snitchin' is Bitchin'
amaazingly, this is the intersectionality thread

passionate dongs
May 23, 2001

Snitchin' is Bitchin'
conservatism is an elemental force of the universe that can accept no blame

the dems tremble in the face of god

prometheus tells the story of liberals goin to another planet to find health care

passionate dongs
May 23, 2001

Snitchin' is Bitchin'

cannot believe these people

passionate dongs
May 23, 2001

Snitchin' is Bitchin'
its me im entitled to strangers tellin me stuff for some reason

passionate dongs
May 23, 2001

Snitchin' is Bitchin'

Office Surprise Store posted:

do you think the kind of people who rally against movements like the lgbt or blm care

that's the point of leadership in a movement, so you can declare your refined goals and can't get muddled in people who are sincere in pulling down your movement, and people who are trying to latch on for their personal poo poo
a troll honeypot account followed by no one

im realy sorry you think this is meaningful or confusing

passionate dongs
May 23, 2001

Snitchin' is Bitchin'

Office Surprise Store posted:

it's an example and you're being really weirdly hostile

i'm not sure what's difficult to understand about "people can be shown things like this, and a good leadership lets you discredit this to prevent it from taking hold" but you seem kind of intent on just wanting to be passive/aggressive about it

i don't know if you're trying to GOTCHA me about racism or what. it's genuinely confusing.

a leader as a means of finding collective agreement and representation to achieve a well defined policy is an example as to why it is (debatably) useful

this is really and truly not a thing im sorry

passionate dongs
May 23, 2001

Snitchin' is Bitchin'
the lady who gives talks with milo yiannopolous, oh yes mmm hmmm good faith

passionate dongs
May 23, 2001

Snitchin' is Bitchin'

FuzzySkinner posted:

He was.

But it's bizarre to see people suddenly go "HOW DARE YOU CRITICIZE HIM FOR HANGING OUT WITH RICH PEOPLE AND TAKING 400K FROM WALL STREET". Like those are two things that are pretty lovely. (in addition to continuing war criminal policies, etc).

I mean if someone is gonna call him a "SECRET KENYAN MUSLIM COMMUNIST"? By all means tackle on them and pile on them for idiotic xenophobia. But it's weird to see people get pissed at those to the left of them with valid criticisms.

there are a wide variety of opinions and values in the world and even in the mind of one, a variety of perspectives may be simultaneously held

its bizarre, i know, everyday i too wake up, logon and wonder: "why aren't these peoples thoughts consistent with my imagined version of what they should be thinking, when we all share the same understanding of the premise, share values and means of reasoning. they are objectively wrong"

but somehow i manage

passionate dongs
May 23, 2001

Snitchin' is Bitchin'

Call Me Charlie posted:

here's the true good fight (plus your entire post history in here lol)

passionate dongs
May 23, 2001

Snitchin' is Bitchin'

comedyblissoption posted:

if you don't like watching a jimmy dore video, here's the medium article some person wrote about how ridiculous these journalists are:
https://medium.com/@caityjohnstone/establishment-loyalists-spent-yesterday-circulating-blatant-lies-about-glenn-greenwald-64a16a0ef6ed

hahahaha

passionate dongs
May 23, 2001

Snitchin' is Bitchin'

quote:

What made this more than just your garden-variety smear campaign, however, was that Greenwald fought back. Hard. Not just with his usual approach of dropping a truth bomb or two and getting back to work; he kept pushing this thing into the light, over and over and over.

(....3 greenwald tweets follow)

this like a kid talking about noncanon super hero fights

passionate dongs
May 23, 2001

Snitchin' is Bitchin'

steinrokkan posted:

I like that there is apparently a non-zero number of people who care about what icon somebody has next to their name on twitter

these people youve never heard about are dictating EVERYTHING

passionate dongs
May 23, 2001

Snitchin' is Bitchin'
a dumb and bad person called dumb and bad ???????

passionate dongs
May 23, 2001

Snitchin' is Bitchin'
in defense of the frog meme,

passionate dongs
May 23, 2001

Snitchin' is Bitchin'

ate poo poo on live tv posted:

therefore all political interpretations of all media are valid and required to engage in?
are you arguing that it can only either be all or nothing

or that there is an objective metric that makes something valid

or that habdmaids tale is not overtly political

because those are all dumb as poo poo positions to have

passionate dongs
May 23, 2001

Snitchin' is Bitchin'

SickZip posted:

The Handmaidens Tale suggests in total sincerity that upon societies collapse Christians will establish death camps, create a caste of women designated to be raped, and have people executed by having frenzied mobs tear them into pieces.

its super loving dumb

terminator 2 suggests on august 29th 1997 there would be a robot uprising and it didnt happen how dumb

passionate dongs
May 23, 2001

Snitchin' is Bitchin'

SickZip posted:

If terminator 2 was a political screed that was taught in schools and I was supposed to take it Seriously as a Cautionary Tale For Our Time then yes it would be hella dumb
yeah uhhh its basically the same as fahrenheit 451, brave new world, animal farm, 1984 in terms of its hyperbole, allegory w/e

passionate dongs
May 23, 2001

Snitchin' is Bitchin'

the trump tutelage posted:

if you don't understand the hilarious tone-deafness of people who sound like grad school burnouts while complaining about privilege, while advancing a radical left platform under the banner of racial justice, and who let themselves get schooled by Clinton while clowning on Bernie, then perhaps it is you who are the someone that should be mocked in this thread

oh no my brain

passionate dongs
May 23, 2001

Snitchin' is Bitchin'

HIJK posted:

Well just on the face of it it's a communication/PR issue.

If you want your social movement to gain mainstream acceptance then you have to communicate in a way that the average person can understand. Not to put too fine a point on it but the average person is not terribly smart (though this doesn't make them stupid either) and they have been conditioned by various media to recognize and reject academic language when they see it. So when you use this high falutin' ivory tower newspeak stuff, the average yokel who has been forced to raise a family of five on $28,000 per year doesn't give a flying gently caress. He doesn't care about "rejecting the nuclear family as a way to disrupt white privilege and further intersectional transgenderqueer feminist communism." He's not going to care, HE'S NOT GOING TO CARE AND NEITHER IS ANYONE ELSE IN HIS COMMUNITY. And when that happens then you can be assured that public opinion will continue to ignore your social movement because public opinion is built on the backs of people like that guy.

Social movements are about communicating with people. This is why Bernie did in fact dominate so much of the Dem primary. He communicated easily and effectively, he didn't get bogged down with policy details. Trump also did this. "Who's going to build the wall? MEXICO."

So if you're going to try to push something mainstream and get lots of acceptance quick, you had better know how to communicate simply, fast, and effectively. Not this #woke academic bullshit. The reason academics are largely rejected from the majority of American society is precisely because they communicate in such a needlessly obscure way.

ah yeah, that's how bernie won

passionate dongs
May 23, 2001

Snitchin' is Bitchin'

HIJK posted:

The Electoral College explicitly exists to keep a handful of cities from deciding the fate of an entire nation which is why oligarchs get so lovely and whiny about it. the Electoral College protects us from the whims of stupid cities. It is essential for that reason. I cannot loving believe this has to be emphasized in loving 2017.

ah yes, with great success too!

passionate dongs
May 23, 2001

Snitchin' is Bitchin'
trump gonna destroy a lot of rural america, the electoral college is doin its job

passionate dongs
May 23, 2001

Snitchin' is Bitchin'
in defense of the agressive autistic billionaires tweets,

passionate dongs
May 23, 2001

Snitchin' is Bitchin'
when people have bad opinions i make a point of it to try to know all of them (????)

passionate dongs
May 23, 2001

Snitchin' is Bitchin'
this person, they say really dumb stuff about stuff that doesn't matter, i memorize what they say

passionate dongs
May 23, 2001

Snitchin' is Bitchin'

Byolante posted:

https://www.nohatespeechmovement.org/hate-speech-watch/report/submit

The EU is funding a youth led mob justice campaign against whatever you want to denounce right now

i fuckin love hate speech

post some of your fave hate speaches

passionate dongs
May 23, 2001

Snitchin' is Bitchin'

?? man are sjws attackin cartoons now?

what a world

passionate dongs
May 23, 2001

Snitchin' is Bitchin'

quote:

However, because so many Pepe the Frog memes are not bigoted in nature, it is important to examine use of the meme only in context. The mere fact of posting a Pepe meme does not mean that someone is racist or white supremacist. However, if the meme itself is racist or anti-Semitic in nature, or if it appears in a context containing bigoted or offensive language or symbols, then it may have been used for hateful purposes.
byolante not read own links?? i am shocked

passionate dongs
May 23, 2001

Snitchin' is Bitchin'
good forums discussion

passionate dongs
May 23, 2001

Snitchin' is Bitchin'

HIJK posted:

[insert deflecting post here]

whoa slow down with that tone, im tolf this is the chill forum

passionate dongs
May 23, 2001

Snitchin' is Bitchin'

Non Serviam posted:

The first amendment doesn't protect nice speech, it protects all speech.

To attack people whose ideas you find disgusting is not OK, and the climate of thinking that vigilantism is the way to go will not help either. Antifas don't only attack "as a response" to violence, they attack as a reponse to an ideology.

Hell, antifas are now even attacking the Aclu because they represented the Nazis right to march.

oh poo poo really????

passionate dongs
May 23, 2001

Snitchin' is Bitchin'

Non Serviam posted:

You should read about the idiotic court decision where that famous line comes from.

lmao

free speech: ITS THE LAW!!!

wait hold on this law is dumb!!!!

passionate dongs
May 23, 2001

Snitchin' is Bitchin'
the wise man said: dont punch nazis because soon you will find you are the punchee

passionate dongs
May 23, 2001

Snitchin' is Bitchin'
stop punching!!! he's not a nazi, he's a proud boy Pepe-American!!

passionate dongs
May 23, 2001

Snitchin' is Bitchin'

Clawtopsy posted:

imo there should be a new thread entitled 'some people think you shouldnt punch nazis' and this thread should go back to mocking dumb hot takes on both sides!!

many sides, many sides

passionate dongs
May 23, 2001

Snitchin' is Bitchin'
please stop posting off topic. this thread is for lamenting random tweets as the future of the democratic party, what samantha bee did, jimmy dore, and talking about how christina hoff summers is a real feminist.

any other posts will be reported to the mods.

passionate dongs
May 23, 2001

Snitchin' is Bitchin'

passionate dongs posted:

please stop posting off topic. this thread is for lamenting random tweets as the future of the democratic party, what samantha bee did, jimmy dore, and talking about how christina hoff summers is a real feminist.

any other posts will be reported to the mods.

I am not afraid to quote myself either, I'm serious

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

passionate dongs
May 23, 2001

Snitchin' is Bitchin'

Byolante posted:

Abusing people won't encourage them to change their ways, it will just teach them to hate yours.

oh drat so its my fault the nazi is full of hate now

• Locked thread