Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
That chick from The Sarah Silverman Show is calling for a military coup

https://twitter.com/SarahKSilverman/status/827013945697329152

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

A good leather jacket is a good investment

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'm going to be live-tweeting some commentary on hyper-masculinity in Poor Little White Boy 4.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

get that OUT of my face posted:

the good thing about this tweetstorm is that the RTs and favs show that no one cares about this guy's opinions. unfortunately, they care about this idiot's

Once again, I gotta ask, why do people call out toxic masculinity and rape culture in football but not the Poor Little White Guy movie series?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Fidel Castronaut posted:

reddit got upset at the dumb tom cruise mummy trailer that dfoesn't seem to know what the hell kind of movie it's trying to be and so they have made brendan fraser into a meme and regularly upvote pics of him to the front page and i hate my brain for storing that information.

Brendan Frasier became a meme earlier than that. He was a big movie star, then he vanished, and right about the time people started saying, "hey, whatever happened to that guy from the Mummy?" he shows up in public looking like he died.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Kraps posted:

i wish i never knew what moviebob looked like, i liked his stuff a long time ago

Once you know what he looks like, you realize that a more accurate name for him would be movieblob!

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Chokes McGee posted:

hey

hey guys

more like movie blob am I rite

lol

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I can't wait for society's standard to change enough for someone to touch my penis

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Those posts are super weak burns. Being mean to Piers Morgan is always good. Those two facts are not contradictory.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Tulsi Gabbard literally wants to build a throne out of the skulls of Muslims.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

FuzzySkinner posted:

I do have a question about that.

Why am I seeing some feminists wear hijabs recently as an act of defiance? I'm not asking this from a place of being a condescending "FEMINAZIIS AMI RIGHT?", but rather I'm sincerely confused.

Is it a show of solidarity with immigrants and others?

hijabs can be hot

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

DoctorGonzo posted:

Proud papa. political junkie, #StillWithHer, #Feminist. #TheResistance, movie/music lover, comic book nerd. Follow4follow. #NotMyPresident. EVER.

I think we all assumed all of that based on "BrooklynDad"

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

FuzzySkinner posted:

1988 they gave out the first "hard rock/heavy metal album of the year" award.

The choices were:
-Blow Up Your Video by AC/DC
-Cold Metal by Iggy Pop
-Nothing's Shocking by Jane's Addiction,
- ...And Justice for All by Metallica

And "Crest of a Knave" by Jethro Tull.

Guns N' Roses's album "Appetite for Destruction" was NOT nominated. Nor were records by "Megadeth", "Suicidal Tendencies", "Living Colour", "Ozzy Osbourne" and others. Now any idiot would have been able to just stumble upon a great record out of that mix (I personally would go with Jane's Addiction). The Grammy's went with Jethro loving Tull.

Any idiot knows to not bother with this crap. But here we are.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

poor Huma :(

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

at least she had the good sense to not equate concern about wealth inequality with racsexism on the website that nobody read

4chan! *laugh track*

That's not 4chan, I think its Deviantart

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

FuzzySkinner posted:

It's just comes across as a bit of a "fad" to me.

It feels at times like people are also ditching a lot of values they currently had or are teaming up with they would otherwise find repulsive to get rid of Trump.

I don't consider the likes of Bill Kristol, Paul Krugman, Evan McMullin, and Glenn Beck to be "allies". They're not. Nothing about them changed after election day. They're still HORRIBLE people that have done/.said horrible things. Yet I see a lot of democrats cheerleading them and the millitary industrial complex re: "saving us from TRUMP".

Please don't misunderstand me on this btw. I think opposing Trump on the immigration ban and other things are noble causes. These SHOULD be done. But for these people it often doesn't come across as being concerned, but rather just being angry "because Trump" is a thing.

If you really think Trump is New Hitler, fighting Hitler makes strange bedfellows

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Stop posting walls of tweets that gently caress up my scroll, you rear end in a top hat

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

goddamn, that dude should change his name to the_movieblob

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Is /pol/ complaining about manspreading?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Holy poo poo, Donald Trump make Patrick Stewart an American. Four more years!

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'm gonna be boycotting Disney if that "surprise for same-sex couples" isn't a graphic homosexual oral sex scene.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

mysterious frankie posted:

Wait, what? Killed her by inaction or is there a theory that he orchestrated her death?

Patton Oswalt murdered his wife and made it look like an accidental overdose

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

mysterious frankie posted:

Geez Louise. Do you have a link on hand that you could float me? If not I'll just google around.

It's actually pretty hard to find sources on it, I think it's in a pre-Buress Cosby situation right now

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
The less political Chelsea Clinton is, the better. imo

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I don't think about the Johntron stuff.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Oh Snapple! posted:

this actually is true and not something I'd initially thought about until I read a comment to similar effect. Shits like jontron and pewdiepie inundate kids with a lot of lovely behavior that they pick up solely because it's "cool."

I honestly don't think the alt-right would be half as big as it is if it weren't for South Park singlehandedly making casual anti-semitism acceptable again.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Say what you will about Idi Amin, but at least he wasn't white.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

MaxxBot posted:

I love how questioning NATO and the EU is now considered a far-right position, what a loving joke. Merkel is bad on both economic and social issues and has played a role in imposing austerity measures on other countries, yet she's considered a liberal hero according to these idiots for some reason.

In D&D there are plenty of people who said Trump made Hitler look better.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

really queer Christmas posted:

Everyone should get automata btw, it's real real good.

I've heard that it has lesbians and butt stuff.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

I'm trying to figure out who would actually be labeled 'straight" by this dude, and all I can think of is characters in 50s sitcoms

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
The complete abdication of privacy allowed by the internet is a problem. As a society we still haven't figured out how to handle it. Is it the fault of someone who just lets their opinions fly into the world when there's a backlash? Or is it wrong for people to mob up to demand someone lose their job just because of their opinions? To use an often (and often rightly) mocked expression, the answer lies somewhere in the middle.

The erasure of the dividing line between public and private is a serious issue, and there are no clear answers.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Dapper_Swindler posted:

no its never enough. you can never been woke enough. i mean he is right that people do it for "pride" but misses the point where thats all people like him do.
https://twitter.com/radicalbytes/status/846817249897824256

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

FuzzySkinner posted:

His views on economics and people being in poverty seem to echo the social darwinist views I saw via Fox News from guys like Varney, Cavuto.

Which makes little to no sense because he doesn't look like the type of guy who'd run in those circles with that sort of view.

He doesn't look the type of guy who'd run

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Dapper_Swindler posted:

seriously. like yeah mosul is loving awful and trump is retard fuckhead who lossed ROE even more then obama(who at least sorta tried) and this jackass is mad at the grunts? loving dumbfuck.

This is what they mean when they talk about punching down

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

MaxxBot posted:

I figured it was a Japanese game, it's not really homophobia but gay erasure. Japanese society doesn't hate gays but they often fail to recognize their existence.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bI9hgp32-f0

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

the trump tutelage posted:

Or the main character of a show about women dedicating their entire lives to one boy.

That really is the entire appeal of Steven Universe. It's about a fat boy who lives in a soft pastel world where everyone loves him and three older women dote on him. It's a level of creepy wish fulfillment that makes harem anime look grounded and realistic.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

wizard on a water slide posted:

I don't even like/care about this show and this doesn't make sense

if you're comparing it to a harem anime literally, i.e. "it's about a boy surrounded by women who dote on him and people jerk off to the thought of being the boy", you don't understand that show's audience at all

if you're saying "it's bad because it's some form of wish fulfillment " I have bad news about 90% of entertainment media including pretty much every commercially successful movie

I don't mean the actual literal children who watch the show. I'm talking about the adult men who like it. They're all sexually stunted manchildren.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Byolante posted:

So wait, if the main concern in character design is to ensure queer characters aren't pleasing to the 'male gaze', does that mean that queer videogame players don't get to have eye candy?

The more troubling aspect imo is that he's policing queer bodies, and suggesting that people who are traditionally attractive are some how less legitimately queer.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
nevermind, wrong thread

Guy Goodbody has issued a correction as of 04:44 on Mar 31, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

• Locked thread