Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
Carrying a gun at any protest of government action is a good idea, unless of course its an anti-second amendment protest. I wish more leftists would do that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

wizard on a water slide posted:

maybe they just like the cartoon and/or dislike the videogame about the gruff swordsman dude

idk that I can get behind that, because witcher 3 is pretty good, but like not every preference in entertainment media is indicative of serious psychological and emotional problems (or alternately the choice between childrens cartoons about dyke superwomen and fantasy videogames about monster hunting is a wash in that regard)

That would be fine. But the problem is they want every piece of media to conform to their ideals. It's ok for games like Hatred, or GTA, or Doom to co-exist with whatever they like. It's ok for media to be "problematic" for some people, and for others to find it fine.

Not everything has to appeal to everyone.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

anime was right posted:

are you jimmy dore irl or what dude this is literally all you post are you okay

Jimmy Dore would have saved Air America.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
There is also the prevailing notion of racism and whiteness being akin to the Original Sin, which I whole-heartedly reject, and hopefully that understanding of racism exists only on tumblr/the internet.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

an actual dog posted:

Anyone can get their account verified these days.

Only if you have "correct" opinions.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

really queer Christmas posted:

People continue to say that trump was the worst republican nominee possible and the worst choice before the people, and that will always be false to me. Cruz would have been far far worse. He'd do everything trump is doing, as well as targeting LGBT and a true believer on abortion and anti science. You'd get the worst parts of trump, the Christian Right, and the establishment all wrapped up in one unappealing package. As well, the dude is actually super competent behind closed doors. That he may have actually won if he was nominated this year, terrifies me more than anything the trumpers have done.

If trump has done anything good, it's that he's put off the chances of Cruz getting anywhere near the white House for at least a decade.

He'd also be much more competent and would get the GOP to unite behind him much more then Trump has. He'd absolutely be able to do more damage and have a more lasting impact on the future then Trump will.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Lindsey O. Graham posted:

twitter trolls addicted to attention remind you of trump?
ya don't say!

That's a good gif, thanks senator.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
What a dumbass quote from Moore there.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
It's because they can't criticize Trump on foreign policy since it's indistinguishable from hillarys.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

DoctorGonzo posted:

The antifas at Berkley wanted to punch nazis and instead they got their asses kicked. I mock them.

Things like that always make me happy.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Crane Fist posted:

Yeah because all tough people who take no poo poo hide guns all over their house, that's not the action of terrified paranoid wackos at all

Your privilege is showing.
:discourse:

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Dapper_Swindler posted:

yeah, make a a mistake, get thrown out and ostracized. I like instersectionality. the issue is, these people arn't practicing it. its just the zealot bullshit.

You probably shouldn't inline images from there cause it's a good way to import broke-brain disease or whatever they have.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

What is Projection?

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

MikeCrotch posted:

I don't think it's unreasonable to think that Hillary was both held to higher standard with regards to her attitude, dress, demeanour etc due to being a woman and also ran a terrible boneheaded loving campaign that was ultimately the cause of her defeat

I didn't hold her to a higher standard, why would I?

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Office Surprise Store posted:

the fact that they actually named it "Problematic" shows that they have no interest in actually making it funny and are just pandering to dipshits on twitter mate

I hope so.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

FuzzySkinner posted:

yeah that and led zeppelin stealing a lot of poo poo.

thankfully..I think it's safe to say that samping in classic hip hop kinda was some incredible (indirect) revenge. :).

It wasn't "revenge" at all. It was music. Just like Led Zeppelin is and as the most Woke, I like them both.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
I play video games. Some are fun, some are not. This concludes my opinion of video games.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
Personally I am awaiting the day when aliens come to earth, beat up all my school and internet enemies and then declare me, something awful poster ate poo poo on live tv, king of earth leaving me magical alien enforcers to secure my rule. Then I'll show you guys, I'll show everyone why you shouldn't have doubted me.

ate shit on live tv has issued a correction as of 01:02 on May 7, 2017

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

super sweet best pal posted:

I registered as Democrat to specifically try and stop Clinton from getting the nomination because I'd rather see actually progressive social programs than half-assed liberal ones.

so did a lot of other people, or at least they tried, but alas when the Democrats exclude you from their private club that happens to be part of the foundation of our country's election system it's not considered voter suppression.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

bahaha seriously? What a loving idiot.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Lightning Lord posted:

I'm just curious if everyone who is like "black people should be in more movies" is a woker or if it's only for the crazies

if their concern about black people ends and begins at some arbitrary % of "representation" in media then they are broke-brain Woke.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

super sweet best pal posted:

Would they vote for Palin if she ran?

only if she had a D by her name. she could otherwise be the same in every way, and she'd be considered the most progressive candidate ever.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Relevant Tangent posted:

You and Call Me Charlie, fighting that good fight.

Obama was really bad, not as bad as Clinton obv, but still really bad.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

FuzzySkinner posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVTTEBPKq98

are we supposed to feel sorry for Kathy Griffin here?

I mean she has the right to do such a stupid thing, but it doesn't guarantee her job security. I feel bad if she's getting death threats from people though.

What's the back story to kathy griffin and trump?

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
I feel like the only way to "win" in these pearl clutching scenario's is to ignore social media for a while and never discuss it in public again.

The worst thing you can do is apologize.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

comedyblissoption posted:

wtf is the blue checkmark supposed to represent

edit: oh it's supposed to only represent someone whose identity has been verified, not importance or anything AFAIK

well in theory it's for notable people who are verified, the problem is when they take it away from people without banning them, it demonstrates there is something else going on there.

I'm sure ad-money is involved.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
Why don't people own up to their interests? Especially someone like this, why does it matter if he likes hentai? Just own it.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
ugh. gently caress that guy, seriously.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Oh Snapple! posted:

people are right to call out a game made by a piece of poo poo who harasses people

like that's some loving lol-worthy BUT BOTH SIDES poo poo

some video games are fun

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
It's why I never care about "cultural critiques" of video games. If the game is good, I couldn't care less about the time one of the creator's "said a thing." I also don't care if people think the game is "bad" or "problematic," if I enjoy it, I'll play it. If I don't I won't. Ez, peezy.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Byolante posted:

Does that mean its ok to play mr brokebrain's bladerunner knockoff and shoot a lot of feminists and racial equality people then? Horizon was pretty good with this because male and female enemies were totally interchangeable in combat so you could have some equal opportunity murdering.

yes, it is ok to play video games. also just imagine how mad people will be that you like different games then they do.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

It's not a joke about how it's always 72 in San Fran?

Poe's Law

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

ISIS CURES TROONS posted:

Kek comes from WoW, actually. The two sides in the game have their language filtered if they try to talk to each other, and lol is filtered to kek.

I'd take the whole "frog meme is racist" thing with a grain of salt, since some of the other things that have been called racist over the past year have included:

-flashing the peace sign with both hands
-drinking a glass of milk

kek is from Starcraft as the earliest that I know. in the 90's if you played on bnet late at night you'd encounter Koreans during your matchup. because of non unified characters of the Korean language only a few letters would show up as anything but squares. k and e were a few of them. also poo poo like ^_^ -_- etc

heu, and numbers like 88 for "good game"

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Wait I thought that was the White Power Symbol

e: sorry I'm dyslexic.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

poo poo like drinking milk can "be racist" when it's deliberately invoked to be. The Pepe entry on the adl page talk about how there's plenty of not racist uses. Like the Celtic cross is used by white nationalists. There's very few things like "1488" that are nearly exclusively racist symbology

wait a second, now context suddenly matters?

hosed up.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
Reminder the pee tape is a fever dream from broke brain hill shills, it doesn't exist because if it did it would have been posted by now.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Byolante posted:

The dossier was the unhinged ramblings of a man who compiled every insane story he could find and presented it as oppo research to the clinton campaign

In increasingly frantic and unhinged voice
"But what if it was real? Surely that would be the thing that would stop Trump."

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Clawtopsy posted:

WW was fun. The best Marvel Movie that DC has done.

Truly the tallest midget.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Relevant Tangent posted:

Yes it is, and by this trend do you mean literally all of recorded history? Even Peter Rabbit has political ramifications man, and you don't have to dig deep for them. If your personal preference is to consume media without engaging with it that's dumb but good luck.

therefore all political interpretations of all media are valid and required to engage in?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

passionate dongs posted:

are you arguing that it can only either be all or nothing

or that there is an objective metric that makes something valid

or that habdmaids tale is not overtly political

because those are all dumb as poo poo positions to have

Nope. I'm saying that just because "everything is political, even peter rabbit" doesn't mean that whatever political bullshit you want to spew about the new shooty man game, outcome of the superbowl, or comic book movie is valid or worth engaging. In fact you will improve your enjoyment of those things if you actively avoid trying to shoe horn in whatever vapid political "insights" you heard about from the internet into popular culture.

• Locked thread