Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Il Federale posted:

im the person who is surprised and angry about mexicans in san antonio

im that person, but also I go spend $53 at an establishment just to write a note on my receipt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

is it seriously the most insulting thing to only receive two grammys

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

FuzzySkinner posted:

You dislike them both too?

https://twitter.com/deray/status/831095565148631040

Also, does anyone have the graphic where he was sponsored by Well Fargo to give a speech?

here, friend:

For future easy reference it's among the first few posts in the woke brands thread :eng101:

I'd say e;f,b but it's a hilarious image always worth posting

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Much like when he shat on Bill for his own history of sexual assault, calling out the media is something that Trump is technically correct to do but it can't be forgotten that it's coming from an absolutely deplorable place: A likely rapist who just wants to deflect from his own bullshit/A fascist who literally believes he should never be covered negatively.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Office Surprise Store posted:

lowtax was then accused of finally showing his massive racism because he made the subforum

by the people who asked for it, iirc

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Weird stuff.

Woke stuff.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

comedyblissoption posted:

do clinton voters and obama supporters like not see anything wrong with how the democratic party handled the financial crisis with respect to wall street fraud. i'm just a simple man trying to understand here.

As long as they did something potentially good or even just "okay" for a group that voter/supporter/whoever cares (or pretends to care) about, then no. No they don't.

Because the goal is to pull themselves up that high so that they in turn can get away with that poo poo.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

mormonpartyboat posted:

BLM doesnt have any real centralization so i dont know what you mean by that

hes seems to be a somewhat naive guy who also is unashamedly black and argues for black issues and does stuff like campaign zero

he also argues for charter schools, ftr

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

mormonpartyboat posted:

yes, naive guy is naive

I don't think there's anything naive about it tbqh. Not when TFA is willing to bankroll him.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

mormonpartyboat posted:

when a person believes people are fundamentally good and honest about their motivations, they're gonna get taken to the fuckin cleaners

charter schools are one of those things with a lot of appeal in the abstract because you can Do Things Different

that they're hilarious money laundering schemes in reality is easy to blame on the actors rather than the concept vOv

Given how lucrative deray has made his "activism" it's really hard to see how he's been "taken to the cleaners." dude knows exactly what the gently caress he's doing, and it becomes more apparent when you remember that his tenure as HR director for Baltimore schools was marked by ruthlessly firing teachers - directly in-line with TFA's union-busting bullshit.

Dude's not stupid or naive by any means.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

I heard about it and it was extremely funny

That's all I need to know.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

anime was right posted:

who cares what a dumbass internet youtuber thinks (well other than millions of children)

oh..

hm.

this actually is true and not something I'd initially thought about until I read a comment to similar effect. Shits like jontron and pewdiepie inundate kids with a lot of lovely behavior that they pick up solely because it's "cool."

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Dapper_Swindler posted:

pewdiepi was just being a edgy shitlord making /pol/ jokes. jontron fell hard into the alt right poo poo. which makes me sad because he was pretty funny.

there's no functional difference.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

in general parents probably just see video games on the screen and don't think twice about it

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

FuzzySkinner posted:

I do wonder if the alt right traps a lot of people into it because they feel alone, isolated by quite a few on the insane. by the insane tumblr-like SJW's that exist.

THIS. DOES. NOT. EXCUSE. BEING. ALT. RIGHT.

This does however make me wonder if a lot of people were pushed into this because of it being a reaction to the most toxic involved in Id. Pol movements.

imo people get pushed into the direction they were already leaning

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Manchildren often get really angry at actions having consequences, yes.

In general the alt-right always struck me as being buoyed by the reactions of folks running into a sudden inability to do or say whatever the gently caress they want without getting called on it.

Oh Snapple! has issued a correction as of 02:33 on Mar 14, 2017

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

really queer Christmas posted:

Lmao.

Everyone should get automata btw, it's real real good.

It has some really great music :unsmith:

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

My penn state analogy in the dem thread from yesterday couldn't have been more well-timed :allears:

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

FuzzySkinner posted:

With democrats like this, who even needs republicans?

the democrats

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Dapper_Swindler posted:

he bitched alot about geralt from whitcher never showing emotion and poo poo like that.

but geralt to my knowledge shows plenty of emotion :confused:

he just doesn't constantly state how he feels.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

MaxxBot posted:

But D&D told me not to buy guns because as a gay I'm too mentally unstable and constantly at risk of committing suicide.

Is this a joke or for real because either way my response is 'lol', albeit for very different reasons.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Office Surprise Store posted:

another thing is that a lot of hillary fans came off as supporting her for hillary's sake. like it was our loving job to elect her in and fulfill her dream. sorry, pretty sure it's the job of the leader to make sure i can fulfill my dream

i'm with her, it's her turn, etc.

i'll have you know every single woman in america seeks to have their lives validated through the successes of hillary clinton

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

I was under the impression they learned the lesson they wanted to learn.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

reading this thread worth it just for

https://twitter.com/leyawn/status/585859882869469184

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

FuzzySkinner posted:

That was a bit of s surreal thing to see her do. Good for her though. I still think Kyle Kulknski's theory about "libertarian leftism v. authoritarian leftism" is a very accurate portrayal of the two sides in a lot of ways. I think Laci could actually make feminism more powerful of an idea if she does grow for what it's worth.

https://twitter.com/alexnpress/status/865028511693774849

Why do these people think this way?

It's not that they "think that way," it's that it's an easy way to silence and marginalize people whose identities intersect with their own but who have come to different conclusions. The people who make that bullshit argument featured in that tweet know full well that that they're spouting bullshit, but doing it lets them create the illusion of a 100% united front that can be used like a sledgehammer against other people they disagree with.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

I'll never actually understand "I'm not going to tell you poo poo, look it up yourself" mindset. You have someone there who, assumedly, wants your perspective on your struggles so as to better understand them . And if they are sincere about this, google is probably the last loving thing you should send them to because they're likely going to come across a lot of loving bullshit written by terribly racist, sexist, homophobic, and just generally bigoted people (and some will be better at hiding this than others) that is only going to gently caress things up.

Like I understand why it could be loving exhausting to go over a lot of this poo poo. Especially repeatedly. But surely someone has written or recording something that can be directly shared instead of just telling someone to gently caress off to google and hope they come across it themselves.

Oh Snapple! has issued a correction as of 06:21 on May 18, 2017

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Call Me Charlie posted:

some lady had a meltdown on medium and wrote a million paragraphs but here's the funny parts

https://medium.com/@GingerMurrayB/the-nasty-woman-rises-5f694f1ad013

lol

quote:

That dear anarchist father of mine who once grew glorious sunflowers in our back yard while quoting lines from “Jonathan Livingston Seagull”? Well, he became Born Again and joined the Republicans. Off came his beard and cut offs and on went his suit and tie. I was ten.
As a result, I have a wariness about any public figure who promises radical change.

It's basically one big Daddy Issues post.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

FuzzySkinner posted:

https://twitter.com/CarlBeijer/status/873227244675747840

I like how minorities who don't agree with people like Joan Walsh, etc are told to shut up.

I love the sneering contempt for minorities calling folks like her out for their racist bullshit and the erasure of their identities as everyone who disagrees becomes just another white male bernie bro. She's relegated those complaints to Bernie Bro Buzzwords.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

people are right to call out a game made by a piece of poo poo who harasses people

like that's some loving lol-worthy BUT BOTH SIDES poo poo

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

https://twitter.com/evepeyser/status/883126805187710976

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Taintrunner posted:

they called it "filmic dissonance" and proceeded to talk over everyone, including the disabled women who were happy to finally have a female action protagonist with a disability

lmao

what is wrong with these people

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

https://twitter.com/LanaDelRaytheon/status/889626769862643714

EDIT: lol

https://twitter.com/KrangTNelson/status/889632915952369669

Oh Snapple! has issued a correction as of 16:59 on Jul 25, 2017

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Real Suck Zone starts here.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Badger of Basra posted:

also one of them literally murdered someone which this dude keeps trying to excuse

He was spooked into premeditated murder I tells ya!

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

got any sevens posted:

why do people bag on kap for not voting? it's not like cali was going red, nor would writing in 'BLM' matter either :shrug:

because they're dumb as gently caress and largely looking for a reason to insult him

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

FuzzySkinner posted:

go out and punch nazi's then.

go on. no one is stopping you. not byolante, not I. Go on. i'm sure there's some skinhead bar in your area or some other place where undesirables hang out. You have agency, free will. Be that change man. do it.

There's nothing wrong with being against certain actions. Equating that to being a nazi sympathizer is dishonest and cowardly. You guys seem to think we have some broad influence on the matter when in reality that's not the case.

Want to punch nazi's? Go do it. Show us how better you are than everyone here. That's the new fad isn't it?

This is a really pathetic post tbqh

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

if this is gonna keep being the thread for smugly defending nazi rights and equating them to the people trying to put them down then ZDR should probably go through with nuking the poo poo out of it because lol

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Taintrunner posted:

hey guys

No Man's Chomp Sky

lib if true

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Call Me Charlie posted:

Implying that I sided with the nazis by voting for Trump is really going to make me reevaluate my position and accept Hillary Rodham Clinton as my lord and savior.

Literally no one said a drat thing about this.

• Locked thread