Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
What will life be like in the year 2025 (if man is still alive?)

My guess:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GyEUyqfrScU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
i hope to earn my daily bread as a copyist-scribe for whatever warlord comes to rule my local river system

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

i currently envy the dead

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TwA7c_rNbJE

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

huge streaks of blasted, burnt-out, irradiated hellscape permanently sterilized by cobalt-salted hellfire have been slashed across the landscape

the survivors eke out meagre livings in the "green belts" between these no-man's lands, most are trapped in isolated communities that they will never leave because attempting to cross the nuclear wastelands is a death sentence

potable water is more precious than a fine blade or a trusty gun, and even what passes for drinkable is still laced with carcinogenic isotopes and run-off

but outside of florida everything else is basically the same, the newest iphone is cool

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

SpaceGoku posted:

huge streaks of blasted, burnt-out, irradiated hellscape permanently sterilized by cobalt-salted hellfire have been slashed across the landscape

the survivors eke out meagre livings in the "green belts" between these no-man's lands, most are trapped in isolated communities that they will never leave because attempting to cross the nuclear wastelands is a death sentence

potable water is more precious than a fine blade or a trusty gun, and even what passes for drinkable is still laced with carcinogenic isotopes and run-off

but outside of florida everything else is basically the same, the newest iphone is cool

The future, not the present

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 241 days!

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment I'm alive, I pray for death!
It's as unthinkable as the past is unknowable.

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

ask me anything about robots
Buglord
it's real wacky

that's a good way to describe it

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
A boot stamping on a human face - forever.

deetron69
Jan 18, 2005
A tiny glove on a human throat, forever

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
we derive our sustenance from the flesh of the dead

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe
a full night's rest in seconds, but you're still hungry

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Walls, walls everywhere.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
bleak

SoupyTwist
Feb 20, 2008
Murder

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

Captain_Maclaine posted:

It's as unthinkable as the past is unknowable.

drat

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 241 days!
Someone edit the Day of Lavos with Trump's face instead of Lavos.

Brother Friendship
Jul 12, 2013

It's just going to be a lovely version of today.

No one will die in nuclear fire, even though it's what this species deserves.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 241 days!
https://vimeo.com/64987176

We will be judged and found unworthy.

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
every day from now until the sun goes out will be just a little bit shittier than they day before

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

mankind's descent into the forever pit will be complete

all of us, yourselves, your families, your friends, your enemies, will be trump

one life, one will, one universe that is trump

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Crusader posted:

mankind's descent into the forever pit will be complete

all of us, yourselves, your families, your friends, your enemies, will be trump

one life, one will, one universe that is trump

forevial trumped up and loving it

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 241 days!
Voice over [VO]: It was last night... My college student brother suddenly comes to the apartment where I lived alone. He had never entered my room even at our old house, so the sight of him in the same space as my bed and my clothes was sort of strange. And my brother said ...

Caption [C]: I'm sorry I'm sort of wrecking your daily norm ...

VO: What's up with this kid? Is he drunk?

C: A big catastrophe is coming.

VO: What are you talking about? Isn't that some sort of rumour from the web? You believe that? You weren't that stupid.

C: Sorry to be abrupt. But this city will be destroyed tomorrow for real. ... Disasters don't really come out of nowhere. There are signs and warnings.

VO: Alone, facing this boy who looks like my brother, I think that he would never say these things, and I get kinda scared. What are you? Who are you?

C: I am a warning.

VO: Scared. Something strange is happening. But I should have remembered. Strange things, even outlandish things, happen. My brother speaks ...

C: When you're living your ordinary routine ... What matters is how you face the suddenness of the signs and the warnings.

VO: My spine tingles. This kid isn't normal. Something is wrong. As my legs tremble, my brother laughs a little.

C: Well, I leave it up to you now, sister. ... I'm sorry this seems mean, but of course it's the opposite.

VO: And then he fades... And disappears.

VO: I should have warned them last night. I should have screamed louder. This city will be gone... Our normality will be gone... How can you say that while living a normal life? ... But those warnings can't reach them now. They can't get it. A disaster, incarnate, rises before us.

C: Escape from this city, before tomorrow comes.

VO: Creators are not the only gods. The beings that hear your wishes and prayers, and will grant them, they are not the only gods. A great disaster, looking like a man, descends from the sky, and we know... Fear is the essence of God. This is why people join their hands, bend their knees, and pray, even to things that will harm them, and take their lives.

VO: The world has a lifespan. But left to us, it will just drag on aimlessly. So the world forcefully summons them. And then we know that everything is ending as it should. But we just wanted to live on. We didn't want the world to end.

C: On the first day, the people and the living things on the land vanish.

VO: They say the god of creation created the world in seven days.

C: On the second day, all creatures disappear from the world.

VO: We made made many things in this world ourselves.

C: On the third day, the sun and the moon are destroyed, and there is no more day or night.

C: On the forth day, the land sinks and all becomes water.

C: On the fifth day, the water and the sky are unmade.

VO: It may look as if everything is destroyed like this in an instant. But the destroyers probably spend just as much time.

C: On the sixth day, the light vanishes, and all is consumed by darkness and chaos.

VO: If it takes the fire seven days to destroy everything, it means we have that long to escape. ... Escape. Survive. We can make a new world ourselves.

C: On the seventh day, the disaster finishes its work, and in its joyful rest, cries quietly.

VO: I don't care what the world wants. I don't care what god feels. In this ending world, I put my hope in others, I live, and as I run, I wait.

C: These are the seven days of fire that will begin now.

VO: Before the new world comes, it is preceded by a great flame.

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
THE FUTURE IS FORSAKEN

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Syxdm1R1KEE

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P99qJGrPNLs

:megadeath:

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Outlook not so good.

Ayatollah Hermione
Apr 3, 2007

by Cyrano4747

ive never played this game but 12-year-old me logged dozens of hours with their Game Informer magazine ads

Tingfinder
Oct 21, 2013
A tale. Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, Signifying nothing.

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKkuL_6HP-w

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

http://youhaveautism.com/

Brother Friendship
Jul 12, 2013

I had a dream of the future, sharing ITT:

A beautiful boy named Joffrey will take you in his arms and hold you so tight you think he'll never let go, and that's why there is a smile on your face.

He lays you down gently by a fire that roars into a sky where once a city stood, the smell of burnt flesh and building materials fills the air.

"I have to leave you now" Joffrey whispers into your ear as he loads ammunition clips.

"Don't go, you beautiful boy, it's too dangerous out there" But Joffrey is too brave and must leave. "Take this, at least" you say with a steady voice as you offer yourself to him one last time.

Brother Friendship
Jul 12, 2013

Unbelievable the future is completely gay.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ce5vC_fBasE

OWLS!
Sep 17, 2009

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QlsxUeOZRhE

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
I'll do it tomorrow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

There will be a lower concentration of white people in America in 2025 so I can only hope that means it'll be better.

• Locked thread