Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

RIP JWT's career.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

FuzzySkinner posted:

woot.

go dale.

Also viking do you have a twitter? (any other sascar goons have a twitter?).

I have it but i don't tweet much about NASCAR.

@elitistb

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

Hail Cascadia.

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

Elephanthead posted:

Pitching 400 calorie fig newton four packs as healthy probably not the most vetted idea. drat they were good though.

Edit: Are we getting SRA shirts or not? I got $30 burning a hole in my pocket and I need Saturday shirts to wear to work that people will ask who the hell is SRA?

Wait, SRA shirts are a thing?

Edit: Maybe the fig bars were good, but the brownies were disgusting.

Elitist Bitch fucked around with this message at 06:05 on Feb 5, 2017

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

Harveygod posted:

Mehhhh. I'm adding my voice to the "Daytona Day isn't a bad campaign" opinion. The commercial during the Super Bowl even seemed fine. Drivers saying how they used to watch it was normal and non-bullshitty. "Hey, there's a car race and car races are fun have people over your house and watch it" is simple and fuuuuuck NASCAR could use some goddamn simple right now.

Other than the song I liked the commercial. NASCAR is a perpetual poo poo show, but every spring I get excited for racing. :unsmith:

It'll all be ruined by Vegas of course but oh well.

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

They're not commercials for the 500, but gently caress it, they're my favorites.

Nick Offerman for NBC:
https://youtu.be/eaaz5a3DlNY

Sunday, Sunday, Sunday at the Brickyard:
https://youtu.be/xnqjTWUuz3Q

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

I wish they'd race at Pikes Peak again. I'd fly to Denver for that.

Being a PNW NASCAR fan is :eng99:

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

VikingSkull posted:

No one is outraged by the Monster girls except for people who get outraged at everything.

Look, I'm one of those ladies who has a pink hat with cat ears if you catch my drift and IDGAF about Monster girls. We have way bigger fish to fry. If they want to be paid very little money to wear garish clothes, that's their business.

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

Elephanthead posted:

Hmm I find those outfits neither attractive nor offensive. Monster gets an F. I also have never considered buying a drink that tastes that bad.

You don't like drinks that look like antifreeze but antifreeze tastes better?

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

I mean, lots of sportscasters have a trademark phrase. I'm sure there are ones more annoying than DW.

...goddamn it, I just defended DW. :eng99:

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

wicka posted:

No way in hell there's anything worse than DW's catchphrases.

I don't know, Buck and Aikman manage to annoy me a lot more and they don't even have catchphrases.

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

Lol after reading that WSJ article, NASCAR deserves whatever is coming to it. The Frances are tone deaf to anything but money.

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

Cygni posted:

Mainstream NASCAR interest was as much a fad of the late 90s as Jncos. That shits not coming back, especially with NASCARs current badness.

https://twitter.com/jncoapparel/status/834518187760836619

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

Meanwhile, the PNW still gets no love. :mad:

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

tater_salad posted:

E: NEvermind
Found a website that would let me make my own bingo with numbers.. crisis averted

Didn't I give you the bingo zip file?

Anyways, sorry guys, no bingo this year. I'm going to be out of town for at least two of the plate races and I'm hoping to be on my honeymoon for another, if we're still allowed to leave the country this fall.

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

coronaball posted:

I'm an extremely casual NASCAR fan, but this "stage" point system seems really dumb?

It is. Don't get us started.

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

wicka posted:

It had its moments but there's just way, way too many stoppages.

NASCAR wanted the sport to turn into the NFL right? Ta-da!

tater_salad posted:

Yes you did but it's not on my pc anymore, probably due to a new pc build and divorce in the past year..

I gotcha buddy. In case you want it, or anyone else does:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8gT-CaPA_v-bWw0ZHVRTHN1QWc

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

Didn't Mikey make Mark join Twitter? Anyway, I wish I could see that guy's face when he looks at his mentions tomorrow. His tweets look kinda boring and regular, I wonder what got his knickers in a twist.

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

:cawg::cawg::cawg:

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

I have to look at a loving photo gallery to see the qualifying results on NASCAR.com?

gently caress you NASCAR.

(Yes, I tried to look on Jayski. The PDF wasn't working.)

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

Oh, are we posting cars? I got this for my birthday and it came yesterday:

It even came with a little baggie of Victory Lane confetti :hawksin:

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

Boomer The Cannon posted:

Hurray for March birthdays.

:toot::respek::toot:

I just got to see the end of the race and Kyle is such a baby for not going and talking to JoLo like a loving adult. It was loving hilarious though.

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

VikingSkull posted:

I dunno if it's the era I grew up in or the geographical area but punching some dude you're mad at is acting like an adult to me. Going over to him and whining that you're mad at him would be considered being a baby.

Well, we grew up in different eras and geographic areas, but IMO if you punch someone your argument is automatically lost. I still very much believe that. I do think they may have done better by going their separate ways and discussing things on Thursday or Friday. Time has a good way of cooling things off.

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

bigbillystyle posted:

This week is seriously the worst week for crazy, out there, news that you hope is true because it probably isn't. Still, please be true!

Something tells me someone showed Chase that tweet...

https://twitter.com/noble_jim/status/847883507145863168

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

Mark Martin's Facebook page announced he and Tony Stewart would be racing lawn mowers at his FanFest. Goddamn it, why can't they announce this in January when you can get plane tickets and hotel rooms?

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

Lordy, Jenna Fryer is getting shelled like a September callup. I can't even find a link to the article because her timeline has gotten nuked.

E: found it:
http://racing.ap.org/article/column-so-what-alonso-racing-indy-500?utm_campaign=SocialFlow&utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=AP_Sports

Perhaps some of the open wheel goons can explain the hate? Objectively she seems to have a good point.

Elitist Bitch fucked around with this message at 05:20 on Apr 18, 2017

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

Interesting. I don't get the GOAT talk about Alonso I see on Twitter (although I only make it a point to watch the 500 and Monaco so I am a very, very casual open wheel watcher).

I don't understand how she presents Smoke and Danica as options to run the 500 to attract fans. NASCAR is hemorrhaging fans as it stands- and I don't think either of them are as popular as the powers that be think they are. But I don't think she deserved to be attacked for having an Unpopular Opinion.

Kyle Larson in an open wheel car? Yes please :hawksin:

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

FuzzySkinner posted:

yeah that's the major problem with the aritcle.

Then she drops the whole "my 13 year old has never heard of him" line. Uh....so? People that actually follow racing have some vague idea of who he is.

I had to look him up on Wikipedia. Following F1 isn't a prerequisite for "following racing". It's OK to be a race fan and not know dick about F1/Indycar/NASCAR/whatever.

She should go back and fix her factual inaccuracies, I agree. This article smacks of "I had loving nothing else to write about but wanted to get paid this week."

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

I didn't know this was a thing, but it is cool and good:

https://twitter.com/garynelsonracer/status/855787591077167106

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

CBJSprague24 posted:

It was more like three years between the resurfacing and unfucking of the racetrack.

He also publicly denied any knowledge that the track was being repaved and blamed a rogue engineer so the knuckle-dragging retards he thinks all of us are wouldn't hate him.

Lol if he thinks race fans think he's anything but a stuffed shirted rear end in a top hat.

This race getting rained out. And I really wanted the distraction from the goddamn Seattle Mariners.

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

Does ESPN have anyone that actually covers motorsports anymore?

Side note: I've been watching the NFL Draft and their coverage blows. No wonder people are tuning out.

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

CBJSprague24 posted:

e- They still have Ricky Craven doing studio stuff and I guess Marty Smith sort of counts.

Marty Smith never counts. :colbert:

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

"Balls and strikes."

:laugh:

Elitist Bitch fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Apr 30, 2017

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

The real problem is all the good racing is in places that are not desirable to visit other than the race, with the possible exception of Daytona and the spring Phoenix race. Hence the falling attendance. Racing is a way better experience consumed on television, doubly so if it's Waltrip-free.

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

What he says bears repeating. If you're over 50, or over 40 with a family history, get a colonoscopy. It's covered (at least for now) as a preventative procedure. The most unpleasant part isn't even the procedure, it's the gallon of prep you have to drink the night before. And if they find something, a lot of times they just take care of it right then, and the prognosis is really good.

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

JoLo's win being called an encumbered finish.

http://www.foxsports.com/nascar/story/joey-logano-win-richmond-encumbered-penalty-putting-playoffs-in-jeopardy-nascar-050417

Elitist Bitch fucked around with this message at 14:58 on May 4, 2017

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

https://twitter.com/sportsemmys/status/862089855903428610

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

NASCAR made Carl Long remove his sponsor logos from the car.

https://twitter.com/jayski/status/863181826688417792

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

I really hope that not-racing Junyer tells all the truth about how bad NASCAR sucks, because even in retirement NASCAR couldn't do poo poo-all. It would be glorious. :toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

So, I was Googling Dick Trickle tonight (don't ask, it involved a lovely Twitter troll) and I saw this longform article about him. Thought I'd share it for anyone who missed it and any new fans we have itt:

http://www.sbnation.com/longform/2013/7/30/4567960/dick-trickle-suicide-nascar-profile

• Locked thread