Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

https://twitter.com/amyearnhardt/status/871442624607072256

When you get a "bless your heart" from her, you done know you messed up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

FuzzySkinner posted:

Bubba Wallace loving owns.

just posting to say that.

:agreed:

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

VikingSkull posted:

How do we know we're at Pocono this week?

Because Xfinity qualifying is red flagged while track workers try and capture a fox that's hiding in the SAFER barrier.

It's clownshoes, as you might expect.

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

It's time to get the gently caress on the young guns hype train! :hawksin:

Add Ryan Blaney to the list of Drivers That Have Won Before Chase Elliott.

Elitist Bitch fucked around with this message at 03:12 on Jun 12, 2017

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

Congrats man! I'm looking forward to reading it.

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

Norns posted:

I'm starting to think Chace Elliot will never get a win.

One can hope.

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

https://twitter.com/Ryan_Truex/status/876800330733957120

So, if Ryan Truex can get some merch, why can't SRA get us a freaking hat?

(This is rhetorical, p sure he's too cool to hang out with us anymore)

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

Kyle Larson is too boring for whothefuckever replaced Jeff Gluck at USA Today:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...dway/407610001/

I remember when Jimmie Johnson was the one catching grief for being "too boring". And boring driver personalities are far down on a very long list of problems the sport has.

Elitist Bitch fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Jun 19, 2017

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

daslog posted:

I think boring drivers are near the top of the list of NASCAR problems. Kyle B moves the needle, Kyle L doesnt.

I think we're going to have to agree to disagree here. I'd a whole lot rather have nice-but-boring drivers than assholes (Seriously, Jeff Gordon and Jimmie Johnson are boring af). Secondly, the boring racing at boring tracks that people can't be bothered to go to or watch on TV is orders of magnitude worse for the sport than boring drivers.

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

I'm glad Jr's retiring because he'll be free to speak his mind about the sport and that's going to be something to see. Wish Smoke would do that, but he's a team owner.

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

VikingSkull posted:

Hmmm, this Kyle Larson kid is checkers or wreckers but he doesn't talk much so I guess he's boring???

He's also a diversity hire! :eng101:

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

loving lol:
"Back in the day I spent more meaningless November weekends in Atlanta than a Falcons fan."
:drat:

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

dentist toy box posted:

Trucks at Iowa which means Kyle Busch won't win the race

Ironically the race and this post is sponsored by M&M's. Powered by Iowa CORN ethanol and presented by Pork.

Iowa AF.

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

The first time I recall hearing the F word (the slur) was my dad talking about Richmond.

I really think that Kulwicki's legacy benefited greatly from his death. It seems to me that he was a real prick but you can't speak ill of the dead.

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

Cygni posted:

richmond was straight as far as i know, but got the "gay mans disease" and rednecks were/are dumb as hell

That comes through really strongly in the 30 for 30. Especially DW, in my opinion. Some people have never forgotten that the first name for AIDS was Gay Related Immune Deficiency.

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

gently caress Larson's NASCAR merch, I'm getting the dirt stuff-WAY cooler.

Also, Ricky Craven wrote an interesting article about drivers being traded like in sportsball: http://www.espn.com/racing/nascar/story/_/id/19804280

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

N: Matt Kenseth doesn't have a ride next year.

https://twitter.com/nascaronnbc/status/883321301431181318

V: Boo loving hoo.

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

kidcoelacanth posted:

Imagine if it was on a Toyota tho :getin:

The people on Twitter that can't seem to grasp that Toyotas are more American made than Chevys and that it's OK to support corporations that used concentration camp labor as long as they're :911: irritate the poo poo out of me.

But then again, it seems like most people are just loving morons so :iiam:

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

Boomer The Cannon posted:

Hot take time: Kyle Busch doesn't reach 200 National Touring series wins. The Cup guys will get thrown out of Trucks/Xfinity (or the series will fold) and the young guns will overtake him.

:cthulhu: willing

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

CBJSprague24 posted:

Junyer is apparently not running the 2018 Clash because his wife doesn't want him to (and has probably been mightily bashed on Twitter for having a reasonable opinion) but may run up to 5-6 NXS races.

The things that the trolls have said to Amy proves that people are the loving worst.

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

Harveygod posted:

This is gone. What was it?

I maybe had it in my cache. Sorry for just the link, I'm phoneposting.

https://imgur.com/a/3zNK1

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

Burn Chicagoland, Kansas, and Texas to the ground.

Vegas too.

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

Chrysler wanted to market the Dodge name to performance enthusiasts so they just dropped the name from the Ram.

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

Oh I'm sorry Kyle, I can't hear you over your crybaby wailing.

Go race sprints or something.

E: actually on second thought don't, you poo poo up everything you race in, race by yourself in your backyard tia

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

Nice title, iospace ☺️

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

It's bad enough that they actually race in the lower series, but most of the drivers affected by this ruling are polarizing at best and hated at worst. I automatically want to do things because Kyle Busch hates them. Can't help it.

No one would want *insert star pitcher for the Minnesota Twins :laugh:* to go pitch for the indy league St. Paul Saints.

Go race sprints dudes. If your teams only exist because of you racing then let them die.

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

loving LOL:
http://www.stscene.com/2017/08/02/kyle-busch-stripped-dixieland-250-victory-post-race-weight-dq/

At least someone refuses to deal with Rowdy's nonsense.

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

Ooh! Me!

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

VikingSkull posted:

everyone is a man on the internet, man

Can confirm.

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

Cygni posted:

the best case scenario is kyle bush winning every race to the championship in dominating form while getting minor cheating penalties every race, getting out of the car at the last race in a "gently caress donald trump" tshirt, and breaking the trophy over his knee

anything that upsets nascars fan base is GOOD

I hate you a little for this but I'd root for it.

Divine Styler posted:

As long as Dale Jr. doesn't win another race in his career I'll be happy. Curious who his legion of bandwagon fans will flock to after this year.

:frogout:

gret posted:

NASCAR doesn't deserve Junior.

This 100%.

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

Divine Styler posted:

Keselowski is such a doosh. If you can't beat em, wreck em.

*Douche. Meaning either a "contemptible person" or "to shower with water".

:frogout:

Eta: Uncle Jam, is that you?

Elitist Bitch fucked around with this message at 04:44 on Aug 7, 2017

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

Divine Styler posted:

I get it. You're a fan of a no talent driver, that wouldn't even have a ride if not for his dad. You hate KB, because he turned Jr. At Richmond like a decade ago. At the end of the day, Jr. can't hold KB's post race diaper, and will end his career a never has been.

:cheers:

I was merely correcting your spelling. But you get on with your bad self, I'm not sure we've had a troll willing to pretend they're dead inside enough to support KyBu, much less an actual fan, so this should be fun. :allears:

E: Here's a hint: the "Hey Kyle? Get hosed." in the thread title isn't about Kyle Larson or Kyle Petty.

Elitist Bitch fucked around with this message at 13:17 on Aug 7, 2017

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

wicka posted:

I love the idea that people hate Kyle Busch because of one thing he did to Junior that I don't even remember, not because he is universally a piece of poo poo person.

And that he is ruining NASCAR at its three top levels. Arguably only Brian France is doing more to kill the sport.

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

I wonder if he'll even keep the team open. Are there any good non deadbeat dad FAs this year?

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

Divine Styler posted:

Yah, I get that. I'm not a troll. Just a guy who likes the best driver since #3. I've been a fan of KB since the day in 2002 he turned Jr, and enraged his legion of bandwagon fans. I was a Greg Biffle fan before that day.

Maybe a little diversity in this thread will be a good thing? Circle jerking gets old after a while. Who knows, you great spellers might even learn a thing or two.

Disagreeing with Divine Styler = circle jerking, got it.

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

wicka posted:

FAs? Fernando Alonso?

Free agents.

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

iospace posted:

He is a free agent though.

Yeah, I was just clarifying what I was saying when I meant FA, and it was coincidentally the same initials...

I don't follow other motorsports, so I didn't know he was available. :ohdear:

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

Doesn't stop Larson from running other series. Didn't stop Stewart either.

Maybe he should stop being a lazy little punk. :colbert:

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

iospace posted:

Yup. As I've said before, I have no problem with cup drivers running races at say, Eldora or Road America. Cup doesn't visit either location so by all means, do it. I think part of KyBu's problem is his boss may not let him. If we do take Kyle's word of him having a 500 ride lined up but Joe Gibbs said gently caress no, it stands to reason he's blocking other efforts by Kyle.

So then, it just goes back to the fact that he's a whiny brat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

exploded mummy posted:

How many other series is Larson running now that he has a full time cup ride

The only IMSA thing he runs is the 24 hours of Daytona which is off season.

I was thinking of the Indy 500, because that's the biggest IndyCar marquee race, but considering that it's on the same day as the Coke 600, and that in the last 25 years, that double dip has been successfully pulled off like 8 times successfully really doesn't help your argument.

Perhaps the better word would have been "races" rather than "series". Or perhaps the phrase "in a different series" or "in a non-Indy, non-NASCAR series"

Anyway, precision of language discussion aside, Larson has raced in a number of sprint car races and won several. Please see:

http://www.nascar.com/news-media/2017/07/05/kyle-larson-celebrates-the-fourth-of-july-with-another-sprint-car-win/

• Locked thread