Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Just lol Nascar, way to make your product worse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Here's a list of the good stuff.

Saturday the 18th
ARCA Racing Series race, 4:15 p.m., FS1
Advance Auto Parts Clash at Daytona, 8 p.m., FS1

Thursday the 23rd
First Daytona 500 qualifying race, 7 p.m., Fox
Second Daytona 500 qualifying race, 9 p.m., Fox

Friday the 24th
NASCAR Camping World Truck Series NextEra Energy Resources 250, 7:30 p.m., FS1, SRA?

Saturday the 25th
NASCAR Xfinity Series Powershares QQQ 300, 3:30 p.m., FS1 SRA!!

Sunday the 26th
Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Daytona 500, 2 p.m., Fox No SRA

Edit fixed, my bad.. they really don't make the dates stand out where I was looking.

tater_salad fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Feb 15, 2017

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

L_Harrison posted:

^ The ARCA race and Clash are definitely on Saturday.

TY fixed.. autoweeks' site has 0 formatting for the date, I thought friday night was odd but hey nascar is now running a 3 segment Daytona.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

By the way I have discovered my 2017 Nascar wish.

Jr wins all races except the last one losing the championship, because he gets DQd for his body repairs taking longer than 5 min.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

BMB5150 posted:

SRA! http://gmsracing.net/news/?cid=66154
And Chase Elliott the race after that.

Still can't buy a dammed hat though. Mines getting dirty and I wanted to buy one for my Daytona 500 patty bingo.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Yeah but I feel like if JR nation gets boned of a championship because of all these dumb as gently caress point systems and rules that will have the biggest fan impact and voice for Nascar to go back to norma.... hahaha who the gently caress am I kidding they'll make it even more insane.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

VikingSkull posted:

I mean, is it any worse than calm racing for 450 miles and then all the GWC's?

We will see how crazy it gets.. I mean you get 10 extra points for winning the segment. Not sure if it counts as a win for the chase.. and they don't all go down pit road etc.. it's basically the Cup version of the caution clock, with some points attached to it.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

CBJSprague24 posted:

You guys want some more changes to go with your changes? HAVE SOME MORE CHANGES! A NEW PENALTY STRUCTURE!:

http://www.nascar.com/en_us/news-media/articles/2017/2/16/nascar-announces-new-deterrence-penalty-policy.html

They just can't stop tinkering.

If you commit pass interference you will be forced to give up the position and will need to repeat the current down (lap)
Personal fouls will result in nascar disabling 2 cylinders for 30 seconds remotely.

I know that segmented races aren't NASCARs biggest issue but they way they are going about it I don't think is going to create the excitement they think it is. But maybe I'm wrong.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Arca race ended before it was over, what a great start

tater_salad fucked around with this message at 00:52 on Feb 19, 2017

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Elephanthead posted:

Well it is a combo of internet, 500 channels, and on demand content. No one want to watch a race that is 4 hours long but only the last 5 minutes matter.

Right, and summer, I'm not giving up 25% of my weekend when it's nice out to sit on my rear end and watch cars turn left.. I rarely watch day races once summer hits, if I've got nothing going on I'll watch for a bit but usually am outside or woodworking or not sitting watching racing

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Welp

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

VikingSkull posted:

that's what you get for not selling merch

This

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

E: NEvermind
Found a website that would let me make my own bingo with numbers.. crisis averted

tater_salad fucked around with this message at 15:07 on Feb 26, 2017

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Elitist Bitch posted:

Didn't I give you the bingo zip file?

Anyways, sorry guys, no bingo this year. I'm going to be out of town for at least two of the plate races and I'm hoping to be on my honeymoon for another, if we're still allowed to leave the country this fall.

Yes you did but it's not on my pc anymore, probably due to a new pc build and divorce in the past year..

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Top Hats Monthly posted:

I missed the race!! How was it?

Luckily I was in a room full of people having a great time,

Ty for the bingo generator, due to the massive wrecks we ended up with 2 cards missing all but 1 square colored in.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

SPiTZ posted:

I think we need more than 39 cars for a true enduro race.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JiE7zp6DCaY&t=17s

This is one of my home tracks.. My GF's friend's husband races here so I'll be spending a few more weekends here.. I"d prefer lancaster but the rules are different so he'll be at Holland.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Harveygod posted:

I initially read this as "My GF's husband..."

Well I mean legally I am still married while things go through court.. one day she said something an long the lines of "you're the only married man for me" and I did a double take

Back on topic..Nascar keeps getting lame,support your local tracks on Friday and Saturday nights, it's entertaining.

Also no manufactured fake segments.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

algebra testes posted:

Because 1.5 mile ovals with doglegs provide best spectator experience hth.

Burton Smith parachute account spotted.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

I know he owns Bristol too but isn't he part of the reason for 1.5 mile tri-ovals.

Didn't he ruin Bristol then say oh I didn't know what the contractors were doing? And then spend more money to fix it?

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

is anyone doing a "jr" count?

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

yeah Guess I'm not getting in the 325 I bet was going to happen..

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

:rip: Earnhardt #2

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

CBJSprague24 posted:

They added a chicane to Charlotte's road course:

https://twitter.com/Christian_Racin/status/910870102962262016

My god this roval race is going to be glorious, hot garba---:roflolmao:

I really wish this was happening this year.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

WOW is all I can say.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

YES it's about time nascar has some good drivers in the series

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

So uh how about them playoffs?

• Locked thread