Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
from what i remember of old Grand-Am, everyone should be thankful that it isn't the Phoenix roval at least

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
You can also do a Motegi and just happen to build the oval and road course on top of each other, without them sharing any bit of tarmac, but Motegi's road course stinks anyway.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I actually like the new crop of rookies like Chase, Ryan Blaney, and especially Larson.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I hope Kyle Busch dies.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
None of those are the most important bit which is that they need a car that can race well on intermediate tracks and in dirty air. The points system is stupid but NASCAR has always had a stupid points system.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I did not lol when Dale died but I probably would have if he was older. I hated Dale. I also hate Kyle.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Norns posted:

I'm not aware that anyone was saying Kyle should die.

I did

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Orchestrated Mess posted:

I'll tell you what

Please don't doxx me.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

VikingSkull posted:

the question for Danica isn't will she be forced out of NASCAR, it's will she accept driving for a mid to lower tier team

if that answer is yes she'll be in NASCAR for another decade easily

the Casey Mears Career Path

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
that's one of the most inexplicable "why does this guy have a big name sponsor" deals since Jimmy Means had Alka-Seltzer sponsorship

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I hope ISIS attacks Fontana. At least very few people will die.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
In fairness Indycars don't have that loving splitter

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I wish he would switch his number so when he wins I don't get flooded with RIP DALE REMEMBER DALE RIP DALE FOREVER articles on NASCAR.com

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

dentist toy box posted:

But him driving DA 3 makes people angry which is great.

It actually doesn't seem to piss most people I've seen off (unless it's me), instead it makes people go MAN REMEMBER DALE I LIKED DALE AND THAT 3 CAR which is much worse to me.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Elitist Bitch posted:

loving lol:
"Back in the day I spent more meaningless November weekends in Atlanta than a Falcons fan."
:drat:

I really hate that one. A race when the points battle has been decided isn't meaningless, it's meaningful because it's a goddamn motor race and you want to see who wins. A points race is numbers on a spreadsheet. Somehow all those boring points battles in the 90s didn't stop NASCAR from getting popular.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Losing Davey and Alan was arguably damaging, not helpful. It's actually amazing that NASCAR didn't get hurt over losing two young generational talents in half a year.

The truth is that Jeff Gordon made NASCAR popular. Not deaths.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Stage racing is like a fairer version of debris cautions

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
He sucked

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Norns posted:

Didn't Richard just stomp a not super competitive field in the best equipment?

He did, though it has to be said some of his later competitive years were against people like Cale and a young DW.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I've said this before but I'll take Team 3-time Champion (Cale, DW, Smoke) over Team 7-Time Champion (Richard, Dale, Jimmie) any day/.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

VikingSkull posted:

I've always said that if Kyle gets over 200 across the 3 series it's a more impressive feat than Richard's 200 in Cup, simply because of the fact that the fields are on average more competitive, Kyle has never won 100 mile races like Richard did, and all of Kyle's wins came at a time when the field was given ways to come back from being laps down.

Imagine how many more races Kyle would have won without poo poo like the lucky dog and wave around.

I would be exceedingly hesitant to call Nationwide since like 2009 a competitive series.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
CreditOne is one of those credit card companies with like 30% interest rates, and coincidentally I am about 30% interested in NASCAR right now. Ha ha ha

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

VikingSkull posted:

and he did it 7 times

Richard Petty is truly a fraud.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
This isn't quite related to a trade, but Hut Stricklin was fired and replaced by Jimmy Spencer in four consecutive rides.

e) for Osterlund (the Osterlund comeback Heinz 57), Bobby Allison, Junior Johnson, and Travis Carter.

Feels Villeneuve fucked around with this message at 16:10 on Jul 4, 2017

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Someone on Youtube literally had the name "1488fan" and didn't seem to know why it was weird

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I am still mad about the 2007 season.

30 top-10s in 36 races. Jesus.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

exploded mummy posted:

In what other major American sports does the team that win the most games in a season win the championship? Hockey, basketball, baseball and the NFL all have playoffs and championship games that you qualify for. It's not like they go "Hey Patriots you won 16 games, so here's your Lombardi trophy", or "Hey Capitals, you're the President's cup winner so here's the Stanley Cup" loving soccer has a bajillion tournaments and poo poo where wins factor into seeding, but there's still a tournament.

The closest thing would be golf, but no one gives a poo poo about the golf season long point standings. They care about 4 or 5 tournaments and that's about it.

Those are head-to-head sports, and even in "unfair" playoff tournaments, you at least have to beat the best team, or at least the team that beat the best team in a 1-on-1 fight.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

big nipples big life posted:

Yeah JJ would be winning no matter what point system they threw at him. Even if the point system was "give Jimmie half the points anyone else would earn" him and chad would figure out how to game it.

Chad is not "gaming" his way around Jeff having 30 top 10s in 2007.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

iospace posted:

A preview of things to come:

Of note:

• No more splitters
  • Indy and IMSA style displays on the cars to show positions
  • OT line is going to be the start/finish line
  • More helmet cams

no more splitters is good, idc about the rest

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
rear end-stompings are fine

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
it's better than the COT and the big-spoiler G6 days where the strategy was nothing but field position, except that was because the cars were insanely hard to pass in, and you'd get races where one guy would dominate, have a bad pit stop, restart in 9th and go nowhere the rest of the day

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Where's Kenseth going to go?

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
To be fair being able to watch all PL matches for basically zero dollars was probably not going to last.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
VikingSkull: Two different people in a thread have different opinions, which means that the entire thread is hypocritical and stupid by association

Me: Holy poo poo

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Mikey Waltrip FTW

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
From the context of what he's saying he pretty much sounds like he wants 36 full time rides with charters and none of the riff raff trying to DNQ every weekend. So making the field more elite I guess, which is bad.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
The early days of MWR owned

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Sponge Bob Square Pants The Movie 300

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Xfinity needs the midfield teams back. That's not going to happen no matter what NASCAR does because Xfinity is a bloated corpse of a series.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

CBJSprague24 posted:

Kyle is unique in that he's a driver I find myself coming around towards from time-to-time only for him to knock himself right back down to the bottom of the list.

"You know, he's kinda like Dale Earnhardt. I don't particularly want to like him, but man, he can wheel a racecar and I can respect that." (Threatens to close his race team and put all his employees and a couple development drivers out of work because he won't get to run Truck races anymore.) "Never mind, then."

This is basically how I am on Kyle and always has been. Every time I start to like him for being a heel and pissing people off, he reminds me that he's actually a pissy crybaby when things don't go his way.

I don't mind assholes, but I definitely don't like rear end in a top hat crybabies.

• Locked thread