Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Orchestrated Mess
Dec 12, 2009

Fuck art. Let's dance.

L_Harrison posted:

Calling for the death of a racecar driver is pretty normal for American culture.

*jimmiejohnsonshouldbeshot.wmv*

I'll tell you what

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

I don't have a problem with how Kyle drives. I have a problem with where and what he drives in.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Orchestrated Mess posted:

I'll tell you what

Holy poo poo that is some epic levels of salt.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

I'll tell you what

Please don't doxx me.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

I'll tell you what

Sterling Marlin is surprisingly eloquent

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

The someone buy this man an account.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.
that dumb motherfucker

they don't drive supermods on the dirt anymore

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

Peanut President posted:

"We need more entertaining drivers, more villains, more guys you can boo!"--teh nascar thread
"kyle busch is a human being and i hope he dies screaming"--also the nascar thread

Couple things.

1 - There is a big difference between wanting drivers to have a personality, and being a gigantic crybaby fuckstick. Kyle throws a temper tantrum if the sun isn't emitting his desired level of light. He finished loving second to a guy who put in the work over a 600 mile race and did a great job, especially late, to save the right amount of fuel to win. Kyle wasn't robbed. No one took the race from him, Nascar didn't throw some late bullshit caution, no one wrecked him.. But there he is being the salty bitch he is. Its loving stupid. Its old. Its tiresome. And at this point its time for him to just go the gently caress away.

2 - The second view is completely acceptable as an assessment of him.

3 - And yet he still isn't as bad as Denny Hamlin.

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

nascar champion kyle busch is actually good

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

He's a good driver yes.

He's also a monstrous man baby

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Norns posted:

He's a good driver yes.

He's also a monstrous man baby

So, who's a good driver but a bigger manbaby: Kyle Busch or Lewis Hamilton?

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

iospace posted:

Kyle by like infinity.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

iospace posted:

Kyle

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

iospace posted:

Kyle for sure but he still makes so many rednecks mad and that makes him extremely good

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

I'm not sure if you just tried to call me a redneck or not?

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

Norns posted:

I'm not sure if you just tried to call me a redneck or not?

no no, not you in specific. just in general.

fuckin redneck

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Kyle's whining doesn't seem to affect his driving as much as Lewis, though.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

Cygni posted:

Kyle for sure but he still makes so many rednecks mad and that makes him extremely good

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Kyle is crazy talented and his being a petulant shithead is probably a net gain for the sport until he tries to off someone like Hornaday again. We absolutely don't have to like him, but personality is good.

The worst thing he does on the whole is his continued assassination of the lower series.

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

In the big scheme of things, Kyle is a glorified Bobby Labonte with quantity over quality stats-wise.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Boomer The Cannon posted:

In the big scheme of things, Kyle is a glorified Bobby Labonte with quantity over quality stats-wise.

Right, but people generally liked Bobby Labonte. And Bobby won a title over a 34 race schedule.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Threadtitle.txt:

https://www.motorsport.com/nascar-cup/news/nascar-considering-additional-stages-for-2018-912658/

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

did the frances short the stock of their own companies or something

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

end my life

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
bonus points for the big races is cool and good imo

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Looking forward to the 2023 Daytona 500*

*500 1 lap races

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
All these changes are signs of stability.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017

L_Harrison posted:

All these changes are signs of stability.

personally I hope NASCAR gains stability so that the France family can continue making untold millions of dollars

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

Respect the power of the wind

VikingSkull posted:

bonus points for the big races is cool and good imo

Of all the gimmicks in racing, never did I think that NASCAR would be the last to adopt the double-points (or whatever) gimmick.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

nascar sees a man with cancer and all they can think to do is cram band-aids down his throat, then apply more when it doesn't work. and also the band-aids are mostly trash.

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

CBJSprague24 posted:

Right, but people generally liked Bobby Labonte. And Bobby won a title over a 34 race schedule.

Personality-wise its no contest. I'm just saying Kyle only has one title, and that both can't win the 500.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT

God Jesus Christ

LASTCAR
Mar 25, 2010

I like the drivers
you never hear about
in the cars
you never see
who finish in the position
you never want

We're well on our way to calling the final two stages Depression and Acceptance.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

I think we need to revert to Kidc's original thread title "Eagerly Awating The 2018 Points System".

kidcoelacanth posted:

nascar sees a man with cancer and all they can think to do is cram band-aids down his throat, then apply more when it doesn't work. and also the band-aids are mostly trash.

They take the band-aids off at each appointment and replace them with different band-aids (the same shape, just changing from Band-Aid to Great Value to whatever Target's house brand is). The band-aids are also placed in different positions, or multiple band-aids in the same spots.

Sometimes, if they want revolutionary treatments, they grind up Tylenol tablets and rub them on the skin.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Kahne losing Great Clips as a sponsor. I can't see him lasting much longer at Hendrick at this point.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Didn't he have an endorsement deal with Puma once upon a time? Needs to start courting Adidas and sell it as a snub to the guys across town, those two companies hate each other on the "gangs of their workers frequently get into street fights" level.

shame on an IGA fucked around with this message at 21:14 on May 31, 2017

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

If it's that intense, he's probably blackballed.

Also, incoming take: the VHT is probably one of NASCAR's more... I don't know, better ideas? as of late, anyway. More racing lines is good, and if no one uses it and uses the traditional lines, it's really no harm no foul if you ask me.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

iospace posted:

If it's that intense, he's probably blackballed.

Also, incoming take: the VHT is probably one of NASCAR's more... I don't know, better ideas? as of late, anyway. More racing lines is good, and if no one uses it and uses the traditional lines, it's really no harm no foul if you ask me.

They seem to have over done it a couple times now. But in general I agree with you.

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

kidcoelacanth posted:

Kahne losing Great Clips as a sponsor. I can't see him lasting much longer at Hendrick at this point.

Coming in 2018, the #5 Aspen Dental Chevrolet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Boomer The Cannon posted:

Coming in 2018, the #5 Aspen Dental Chevrolet.

lol I don't think Danica's even going to be in Cup after this year

• Locked thread