Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Gonna take out a loan just to name a race the Ow My Balls! 400.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

So getting sucked makes you go faster.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Surely a Nascar poem should have 3 segments now?

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Peanut President posted:

So that explains why Indycar has through the helmet ratings.

Good lord.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Bye Kyle

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Junyer totally out of this.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

"Goodyears just aren't very good at holding air."

loving hell Kyle

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Logano totally gonna get dinged for blocking Kurt there if they're serious about the no blocking thing.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

lmao chase

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

gret posted:

I'm guessing the massive Daytona Day marketing push from Fox had more to do with the increase than anything else.

They had Gordon Ramsey doing videos and everything.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

gret posted:

Except nobody gives a poo poo about who won this segment or that segment.

Chase Elliot probably feels good that at least he's finally won something.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

That sounds like a recipe for nightmarish aero wake and no-one being able to be close through the turns.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

God dammit now I have to go find my copy of XG3.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

NASCAR 2017: All The World's In Stages

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

I don't hate this. It's simple at least.
https://twitter.com/TXMotorSpeedway/status/851870333212774401

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Sad, but not surprising. I think everyone was expecting that after last year.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

WEC does I think double points for Le Mans, I think Blancpain GT does quad points for the 24 hours of Spa with full normal race points awarded at 6 and 12 hours and double points at the finish.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

dentist toy box posted:

They pretty much own road atlanta also, but I'm guessing they already have a race near atlanta, and with sebring I guess they figure there's already 3 plus races a year in florida.

As opposed to being 3-4 races in Charlotte.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

This is still my favourite video on the Kansas road course. Though I'd say the infield course at Fontana might be worse since it's just lines on the ground. At least they're changing the pit lane though, as hilarious as the old Charlotte road pit exit would've been.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

UK Rockingham is magnificent as a roval.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

I'd find it loving hilarious if Dale decides to just burn Nascar to the ground on his way out.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Racing puts me to sleep a lot of the time as well, not even necessarily related to the race quality its just the engine sounds put me in a trance and my sofa is comfy.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Oh no teams are gonna have to spend a whole extra $300 on a screen and a gopro.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

We're $10 dipshits, we have value.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Also Euro Nascar.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

financially racist posted:

that is undeniably the best trophy in the history of auto racing

Clearly you're forgetting the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 400.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

I love that Kyle's response to not being allowed to run an entire truck season is to threaten to organise dates among other drivers so there's always a cup driver there anyway for the sole reason of loving up the series.

quote:

“If we all get together this offseason and pick and choose our races around each other’s schedule, we can still screw it up as much as we want to screw it up and piss everybody off. I wouldn’t be so certain that might not happen.’’
I really enjoyed this bit as well. Why own a team if you can't drive the car? Why develop talent so your team and the sport has a future?

quote:

“I enjoy going out and running Truck races,’’ said Busch, who has won two of the four Truck races he’s run this season. “If I’m not allowed to do that, then why am I owning a team that I’m not allowed to race for? It just doesn’t make any sense. If I’m out there spending money for other drivers and whatnot to come up through the ranks, but yet I’m getting beat up and not allowed to drive in it, then it’s no fun for me. Then why am I spending money to evolve talent that is going to replace me one day?’’

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

The worst part is all the stories that are now going to go up about how he was just a bright eyed dreamer who played iRacing and hoped that one day his rich dad would pay for him to race for real.

iospace posted:

Did Liberty bankroll him the whole way?

Yep, from another article on Vice last year.

quote:

For a year, Byron’s parents paid for him to race. Byron picked up a sponsor in Liberty University after a meeting with the school’s chancellor, Jerry Falwell Jr.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

I was looking through reviews of Gamecube racing games (as you do) and found a top 10 list from 2005 and this might entertain some people.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Nothing says rainbow warrior to me more than having NUT UP on your car.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

I came to that ready to mock the hell out of it but that is a loving sweet trophy.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Well limiting engines in F1 has been such a disaster no doubt it'll work out just fine in Nascar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Vince McMahon usually plays "America the Beautiful" at WrestleMania which I've always thought was an implied acknowledgement that the anthem stinks.

In the Wrestlemania documentary they released a few years ago he outright said the anthem sucks hence America the Beautiful.

• Locked thread