Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

hifi posted:

the wayback machine is really bad for forums. it seems like it gets a random sack of crap each archival attempt so you get 5000 copies of index.php and then half of a funny thread. maybe they can work out a one-shot deal to just copy the archives over instead of their black box method but idk

yeah it's bad

what i want to know is what the library of congress has and how it will be read in the future or whenever sa forums and pony forums and whatnot are of historical note

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
ian it's your time to shine!

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Sagebrush posted:

i think the migration already happened. all the 30somethings who bought an account back in the day and still post here are probably in it for the long haul

i'm just here for the dadgum rompa LPs

like to see the young lads playing with their joysticks :allears:

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

akadajet posted:

I'm willing to sacrifice amberpos if it means we get more modern forums software.

and as we will be splitting a pizza i am willing to sacrifice the hawaiian option so that we can have plain cheese for the vegetarians along with the sausage and mushroom option

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Fergus Mac Roich posted:

that punk british bitch would never have volunteered to get thrashed by Uwe Boll.

that really wasn't the intention but comedy website man underestimated the humorlessness of a german video game film auteur

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Syllables posted:

the mass migration to leddit

the exodus into the filth

ive had a reddit acct so long it expired

last week i made a new one and czeched out some of the apps for it and it's still really lame and devoid of personality and culture

when sa dies i will just not internet much

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Jabor posted:

getting upvoted is essentially the most basic form of validation there is. "someone liked a thing I said".

no-one actually reads the comments, it's all shouting into the void

just do what i do and keep track of your eq's in a little notebook you keep with you at all times

i really feel validated when i open up the tear-stained binder and see a 'rotor, lol'd at cat joek' or 'grossed out trig :feelsgoodman:'

i draw the smilies as well

moleskine 4 lyfe

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

lowtax still seems cautiously optimistic

also wow, forgot about andy milonakis

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Sham bam bamina! posted:

lowtax is right about the internet

no one ever disputed that

somehow managing to just break even with all that effort while schmucks like zuck fall into piles of money is the real trick

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Endless Mike posted:

but it's p lol that there's a bunch of devs who have spent probably hundreds of hours on dead gay apps that will be completely useless in the near future

hmm, they've been used by thousands of people for years but yeah what a waste of time

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

SO DEMANDING posted:

hey remember how lowtax said he was going to get involved with the forums again? i mean the most recent time he said that, just a few months ago?

so uh...yeah

hmm

he's still settling in to the new office

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mS5WLkb_Cxk&t=87s

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

cis autodrag posted:

ironically, the only people who had any repercussions were people who asked poo poo posters to not be so homophobic

idk if you're a rereg but the pendulum has gone both ways

i preferred the leftist rule-crazy moderation style but the literally laissez faire system they have now is okay i guess

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

A Pinball Wizard posted:

for real you all sound like grandpas discussing how nobody wants a good car anymore, it's all cheap rice burners, why would anyone want a Prius over this baby *pats gremlin with broken 8 track, doors rusted out to the handles and water pump made out of rubber bands and jb weld*

*eyes you warily while revving his vBulletin posting engine*

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Sagebrush posted:

yeah i've been noticing some real long 10-second post lockouts and real short 1-minute ninja edit timers

poo poo's embarrassing

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Linguica posted:

uh staying at work to avoid your wife is the most natural thing in the world

it must be fun to be a stereotypical 1950s man

highballs and secretary asses as far as the eye can see

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
smoking is super good for you and makes you look swell, declares surgeon general

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

OldAlias posted:

"despite the hysteria from the political class and the media, smoking doesn't kill".[104][218] Pence asserted, "2 out of every three smokers does [sic] not die from a smoking related illness and 9 out of ten smokers do not contract lung cancer"

well

time is a flat circle

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

holy shitballs i love your av

i have read the | comic so many times now it has become a way of life

contemplate the pipe

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

infernal machines posted:

i dunno, gaming garbage is fun. i kinda miss the front page reviews of terrible games/mods/etc.

yeah same

and also that gg's targets are often way to easy it'd be more satisfying to see them bash a lovely game that actual people have heard of or played

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
front page wasn't the be all end all of current culture or anything but it was marginally influential

entire fox tv shows developed

d-level slenderman movie pre-alpha: the BMIning

and whether you agree with zack parsons' mod decisions in the games forums of old he is a good writer

and lowtax was funny in the style of the times damnit, i really wish he'd actually gone through with the redux of Cliff Yablonski so i could get as many people i hated in high school's facebook pics mocked by a middle-aged man from missouri

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Fabricated posted:

I dunno how it'll turn out in the end but Lowtax's daughter- the one that has appeared in his videos on occasion anyway seems to think the internet is really stupid and full of retards so IMO he has taught her properly

The real test is did she take the lesson to heart and will she avoid wasting away hours of her life on frivolous web pages and vidya games

if yes, then good job tax man

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
just noticing that people are stupid all over never helped me with my internet addiction

i just became more curious

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

don't get me wrong, it's appreciated, but the irony is a bit heavy

yeah

awful link of the day though, it's like i have made a goony assertion that the internet encourages stupidity to congregate and manifest and now here's the proof to my pudding

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

pram posted:

the new forums will have free candy and trips to the moon

it is my job to keep moon rock elite

once frmr speaker and current walking insulin pump advert newt gingrich started trying to lay claim there it became uncool anyway so it's good, we're bringing it back

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Linguica posted:

The SA forums are a fossil and totally out of touch with today's internet. Also any remotely modern feature used on any other wildly popular social media site is bad.

:correct:

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Symbolic Butt posted:

when sa dies we all should go to jony's bbs imo

lol if you don't czech in to jony's slack from time to time just in case

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

we let the bitcoin child molester post in here, why wouldn't we venerate william cosby?

you must not have been here for the cozpop

cozcoin?

it was always real ugly and getting anyone to pay attention seemed like ugh

so we settled on dogecoin

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

cis autodrag posted:

dave chappelle is in a really weird place lately. i had to turn off his netflix special because he opened with about 20 minutes of nonstop transphobic jokes while acting like he was empathizing with trans people.

michael che's latest special covered a lot of the sort of stuff dave used to cover and was pretty good though. louis ck's new special was pretty good too, though i know he's one of those people goons love to hate now that hes huge.

now that dogecoin has been destroyed we should really find a hawt new meme for the nice button.

damnit all to hell

chapelle is a comedy god and if he's doing this sort of thing he needs to get out of his bubble

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

cis autodrag posted:

i think he basically hid out for a long time, got old in the process, and now poo poo has moved past him. he's not the guy edgily calling out bs anymore, he's the guy who hasn't quite realized he's the slightly backward grandpa yelling about poo poo that embarrasses his kids.

we'll always have chappelle's show though. rip in piece charlie murphy.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Star War Sex Parrot posted:

wait are we talking about Lowtax again

we aren't allowed to

his best comedy moments were getting punched in the face over and over again as a joke

and something else i don't remember

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
i watch gaming garbage every week just because schmorky's not in it anymore and i want to support the team

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

A Pinball Wizard posted:

I went to see norm MacDonald live last month and he started out with jokes about how homophobes are closet gays, which is old hat but he delivered it well, then segued into 20 min of "Caitlyn jenner cut her dick off" jokes. I couldn't even tell if the rest of his set was funny because I was just out of the mood. Audience loved it all of course :shrug:

That sucks

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
I love Norm but

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Hogge Wild posted:

How is the forums rewrite going?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVbhxUG0KL4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dh7ZL3twAcs

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

SmokaDustbowl posted:

I'm a human and I GOT HOT BLOOD RUNNING THROUGH MY VEINS AND I LIKE TO EAT AND FIGHT GOBLINS

did you watch the joe rogan 9/11 show yet?

i think alex forgot he was on camera or realized his audience never sees him but the part where he smokes a tiny bit of weed and gets insaner than usual is basically how i see myself

he also had a couple shots of whiskey

it's almost like the batshit is coming from inside himself

i *cough* never smoked that highly potent illegal drug

*winks at camera he shouldn't remember is there because he's so loving confused*

and it's the wrong camera

*winks at microphones*

queue joe telling him that he's constantly loving up his mic levels because he can't even comprehend microphone technology

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

cis autodrag posted:

the forums rewrite is going goon-in-a-well

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
aaaaahhhhhhhhhh

*hiss*

aaaaahhhhhhhhhh

*hiss*

aaaaahhhhhhhhhh

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Sagebrush posted:

otoh american dad is pretty good for a FOX cartoon that isn't futurama

it has @realpatstew but this has somehow become the thread for bagging on mcfarlane so no

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

big scary monsters posted:

goon project: buy the forums

*zooms around nascar track with a car branded with lowtax taking one to the face from uwe boll*

this feels good

feels right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
i kid rich, he took some good hits but didn't grok ze german zeitgeist

• Locked thread