Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Rex-Goliath posted:

what does the buddy list do

lets you know when your buddies are online

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

if only lowtax was a bitcoiner, he could have gotten idiots to send him a million fake dollars to make a new forum

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

i know i've had several people tell me they wanted to be on sa and were willing to spend the $10 but then they saw it was ancient vbulletin and were like "lol no i only use the finest bespoke forum softwares"

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

akadajet posted:

reddit looks like a relic and yet people still post on it

sadly

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

mooooooooods

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Star War Sex Parrot posted:

I do not think the forums rewrite is going well

i disagree, sexy parrot. i think it is going very well

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

i'm claiming threadoptions=8

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

hard to say, really. the mobile apps are hacks that scrape the data and translate it into a semi-usable format. xenforo (assuming lowtax goes with that) already does responsive design, so an app isn't really necessary, but there are apps for it anyway

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

but it's p lol that there's a bunch of devs who have spent probably hundreds of hours on dead gay apps that will be completely useless in the near future

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Endless Mike posted:

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

big scary monsters posted:

im looking forward to the new forums that we'll be getting soon

same

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

cis autodrag posted:

ai is so much better than other car forums it's not funny. slow, but much lower on hawt tunerz bs.

i got myself banned from a lovely tuner car forum by making my sig as long as i could with fake mods and by signing my posts with the name of some idiot who insisted on signing every post

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

i understand it, it's just terrible and not really conducive to open discussions

still better than old cgi message boards where each response was a whole page you had to load on your 56k modem and god forbid someone not put an (nt) at the end of their no text response

Endless Mike fucked around with this message at 21:59 on May 2, 2017

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

setting up an office for an internet forum seems like the sort of thing you only do for quality of life reasons. like, it's good and healthy to leave your home from time to time, and having an actual office facilitates that.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

ultravoices posted:

we're talking 'strip mall bay on highway Y in cousin-fucker missouri' rent not 'class A office space in SoMa' rent. whole hundreds of american dollars.

oh, i'm well aware, i'm just saying that's about the only reason he'd need an office outside his home at all. i *guess* it's probably easier to file it as a business expense if it's a separate office than having a home office, but that's what accountants are for.

i wonder if there's a radium of accountants out there

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

ultravoices posted:

i've known more than a couple of people who were very fixated on putting their run-out-of-a-basement or run-out-of-my-cellphone business into an actual physical place because that is what business looks like.

this is coming perilously close to caring what someone did with my ten dollars from 2004.

if you had put those $10 into a low-risk savings bond you would have like $13 today!

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

oh only 10% of smokers get lung cancer and a third die from it? nbd

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Cat Face Joe posted:

forums rewrite?!?!?!

on track and doing well imo

you might call it "production-ready" if you were so inclined

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Cat Face Joe posted:

could i get access to it somehow to mess around and review?

no.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

well, once it hits 1.0, it will be completely done and perfect, as any good developer knows

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

i had it but i guess it changed and i didn't get notified. oh well.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

cis autodrag posted:

michael che's latest special covered a lot of the sort of stuff dave used to cover and was pretty good though. louis ck's new special was pretty good too, though i know he's one of those people goons love to hate now that hes huge.
i was at the taping for that (well, maybe...there was two nights and i'm not sure if they use one night's full set or cut bits from both but whatever) and it was good! except that i'll never, ever go back to dar for any sort of show. what a horrible, horrible venue.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

cis autodrag posted:

He was ragging on one guy for most of the show so it was probably one night. Was he ragging on a Christian dude in the front section the whole night?

not that i recall, but it was filmed almost a year ago. i should watch it

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Endless Mike posted:

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

echinopsis posted:

family guy is the worst

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

is mike judge an rear end in a top hat?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

eric posted:

no and king of the hill owns

i'm aware of the latter but was unsure of the former

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

the $0 tier is the one to get imo

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

i've never watched gaming garbage and certainly don't intend to pay to do so

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

echinopsis posted:

id pay a very small amount anually for this site

buy a new avatar occasionally

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

hifi posted:

i dont understand how people say gbs is bad or good. there's photoshop threads in there now so maybe im looking at the wrong gbs. im not going to click on it because the thread title is probably better than the thread but i 've thought about "Pro Bathroom Life Hack - Have 2 Brands of Toilet Paper Ready To Go" more than once this week. and there's a juicero thread? not sure why yospos is complaining

have you considered going there and not coming back?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Trunko posted:

How are the forum rewrite going

very good

• Locked thread