Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Friginator
May 13, 2014

by zen death robot

It's also interesting what they will and won't allow in the explanation section. In mean, this was apparently appropriate by their standards:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Friginator
May 13, 2014

by zen death robot

Friginator
May 13, 2014

by zen death robot
"Seminal Fluid" is okay apparently:

To vote on mine, go to this page and click the "I'd Eat That" button.

Friginator
May 13, 2014

by zen death robot
I was going to name one "Disney™" but apparently they decided to ban that word for some reason.

Friginator
May 13, 2014

by zen death robot
They just removed my "Busted Nut" and "Seminal Fluid" flavors and scolded me via email.

Friginator
May 13, 2014

by zen death robot
No, it's just a robo-email. Unfortunately, they didn't take the time to point out specifically what was wrong:

quote:

We can't accept your flavor for the following reasons:

Any third-party that would require prior clearance, including but not limited to:
Competitive brand names mentioned by consumers or said brands (outside of approved brand mentions) Restaurant names
Celebrities, athletes, musicians or artists
Sports teams or organizations
TV shows, networks
Movies, studios
Songs, lyrics
Anything trademarked
Politically incorrect, politically polarizing or culturally insensitive references
Profanity or vulgarity and references to illegal activities

But these two are okay:

Friginator
May 13, 2014

by zen death robot

death by computer posted:

God, do I wish those were personalized.

I know, right? "Dear Adam, What the gently caress is wrong with you?!"

Friginator
May 13, 2014

by zen death robot
"Goatse" isn't allowed, unfortunately. "Tubgirl" is, but unfortunately there's no good graphic to go with it:

Friginator
May 13, 2014

by zen death robot
Got sent an email after the Tubgirl one, so I guess someone caught it. But this one seems pretty straightforward:

Friginator
May 13, 2014

by zen death robot
Here's an example of the "do's" and "don't's" of doing Lay's a Flavor:

Friginator
May 13, 2014

by zen death robot

These both are amazing.

Friginator
May 13, 2014

by zen death robot
"Genitalia" is not filtered. Have fun with that.

Friginator
May 13, 2014

by zen death robot

Friginator
May 13, 2014

by zen death robot

Friginator
May 13, 2014

by zen death robot
At this point we should all link to each other's pages so we can vote. Mine is here: https://www.dousaflavor.com/flavor-pantry/97608.

Friginator
May 13, 2014

by zen death robot
I just jumbled up a bunch of Russian phrases on Google translate, put a picture of borsch on it, and for some reason it got deleted.

Friginator
May 13, 2014

by zen death robot
Ooh boy. I'm going to hell for this one.

Friginator
May 13, 2014

by zen death robot

Friginator
May 13, 2014

by zen death robot

GeneX posted:

Should be "Hungry, Hungry Hymies" to get the boardgame allusion in with the racism

Dammit..I was so close to a good joke. Anyway, here it is:

Yes, "Meconium" is actually not filtered. I got an email for it and they deleted it, but still...WHY IS THAT NOT FILTERED?

Friginator
May 13, 2014

by zen death robot
I'm all for being banned from suggesting Lay's Potato Chip flavors under the condition that they write an email telling me how they feel.

Friginator
May 13, 2014

by zen death robot
I came up with a flavor called "Corn Hole Surprise" that actually got accepted. I wrote a big detailed description about how it was the first chip to taste like, and contain, corn products. But I was SUPER sincere sounding and I just got this email saying that it had officially been accepted:

This is what it looks like:

Friginator
May 13, 2014

by zen death robot

Friginator
May 13, 2014

by zen death robot
I've had a bunch more that were rejected, but I'm more interested in the ones that were accepted, like these. "Indra Nooyi" is the name of their CEO, for the record.

Friginator
May 13, 2014

by zen death robot
I can't get past how vile this image looks. Even if you just called it Chicken Fried Steak it would still look like lumpy opaque jizz.

Friginator
May 13, 2014

by zen death robot

Friginator
May 13, 2014

by zen death robot
All of these are currently still up on the website:

Friginator
May 13, 2014

by zen death robot

Friginator
May 13, 2014

by zen death robot

Friginator
May 13, 2014

by zen death robot

Friginator
May 13, 2014

by zen death robot
That last one actually got accepted.

Friginator
May 13, 2014

by zen death robot

Friginator
May 13, 2014

by zen death robot

Friginator
May 13, 2014

by zen death robot

Friginator
May 13, 2014

by zen death robot
I think I cracked the code!

Friginator
May 13, 2014

by zen death robot
Oy very!

Friginator
May 13, 2014

by zen death robot
The website is getting better about not letting people take snapshots of joke flavors, unfortunately. I had like, ten more that got removed before I could link to them.

On the other hand, one of the flavors (briefly) slipped past their screeners so I got this confirmation email:

Friginator
May 13, 2014

by zen death robot

Friginator
May 13, 2014

by zen death robot
Turns out the uppercase "I" makes a very passable lowercase "L" in the font they're using.

Friginator
May 13, 2014

by zen death robot
They actually accepted this entry:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Friginator
May 13, 2014

by zen death robot
So, I've been submitting flavors like these:

and they all look fine, except they allow you to submit an image to help pitch your flavor, and I've been submitting this one (warning: very very gross): :nws: http://escholarship.org/uc/item/0sv058j6/1.jpg :nws:

• Locked thread