Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was the lowest point of the Simpson
Homer Votes
Harlem Shake
Keisha Tik Tok intro
Homer Live
Lisa Goes Gaga
Other (please specify)
View Results

Shasta Orange Soda
Apr 25, 2007

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

People who say they are Simpsons fans but actually hate 40-80% of their "favorite show" and are constantly spouting off about the fact are garbage, and it shouldn't be socially acceptable.

If I was constantly talking about how I loved burgers but really what I love is just eating a single bite of the bun and then throwing the rest out somebody would call me out on it eventually but nope none of that for "Simpsons fans".

It's more like you start out eating 5 Guys burgers, but gradually over time they turn into Wendy's burgers, then McDonald's burgers, then one day you look down and you're eating some plastic wrapped microwave burger from a gas station

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shasta Orange Soda
Apr 25, 2007

Blind Pineapple posted:

Also, can someone who stuck around past Season 11 confirm or deny that Lenny and Carl became gay lovers? I feel like that was the plot of an episode I happened to drop in on, but maybe I imagined it?

No, that never happened, just some throwaway gay jokes about them being so close.

Shasta Orange Soda
Apr 25, 2007

Scudworth posted:

The thing these clips are really highlighting is brevity being lost. The monk guards joke would have been perfectly funny as a throwback (and not a drawn out knock off) if he did the same poo poo then the monk delivers a single spin kick from the same camera pov. Instead of a whole fight scene. Plus removing Marge explaining the joke we're about to see, wtf.

Basically same poo poo with the box fort, cut it in half. Kids talk to Flanders, bart says "hmmmm", next shot they're both on top of the castle and the delivery army appears.

poo poo is drawn out and over explained.

Gotta fill that time somehow. In recent seasons, some of the episodes have been so short that they've had to add little skits and other poo poo totally unrelated to the plot at the end of the show. Which comes off exactly as stupid and out-of-place as you'd think.

Shasta Orange Soda
Apr 25, 2007

Mind Loving Owl posted:

I feel like after the golden age there's a long phase of "good enough to watch when bored, with some occasional goldies". Not so much a quality thing but an era delineator, but I've always viewed that tall tales episode with the hobo as the end of the show I grew up with. Mostly because I think it was the last episode not done in HD or something?

Nah, that was the last episode of season 12, and they didn't go HD until season 20.