Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was the lowest point of the Simpson
Homer Votes
Harlem Shake
Keisha Tik Tok intro
Homer Live
Lisa Goes Gaga
Other (please specify)
View Results

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

Empty Sandwich posted:

here's a pointless story:

a grad school buddy really loved the Simpsons. we primarily communicated in quotes. (he didn't die of brain damage; don't worry.)

two of his childhood friends, both named Chris (one was Sasquatch Chris, bc he was large and hairy; the was other Dead People Chris, bc he saw ghosts a lot, and always carried his orb photos to show people) came into town one Sunday night to see a Dylan concert. I went over and had beers with them.

they started to get ready to go to the concert, and Sasquatch Chris said, "you know what? I'm just going to stay and watch the Simpsons." I told him it was going to be a rerun, and he said "eh, it's fine" and handed me his hundred-dollar floor ticket.

I got to see Dylan for free, which was very nice, while he watched a 2005-season rerun.

For some reason, the way you told this is charming as hell. Good job.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

PostNouveau posted:

Anyway people were speculating that it's a legal maneuver to "cancel" it, and it will come back on HBO Max with a different name.

This is the only thing that makes sense to me, considering the public responses of both AS and Publick/Hammer. Especially considering they got the news while writing the last season, after getting renewed.

Side note, friend of mine storyboarded on the last season and said the work/pay factor was grueling. I know Titmouse doesn't pay great unless another entity is producing, and CN pays... fine? What I mean is, I don't suspect cost was at the heart of the matter. It could be the heads at Titmouse/CN changed recently since new higher-ups tend to raze the establishments of their predecessors in order to assert authority (I am not kidding), but I've yet to look into it.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

Hrist posted:

Mike Lazzo retired at the end of 2019. And the whole office has been working from home since March. So yeah, alot is different now, especially for the adult swim branch of things.

I don't have a single positive thing to say about Venture Bros though, so I have no idea when the timeline of whatever lines up with the irl stuff. :shrug:

Aha, then that adds to the likelihood! Yeah, it takes a few months for the wheels to set in motion and one of the writers said they'd been sitting on the news for a couple of months now. I know when we had a head change at Nick in late 2018, a bunch of shows got axed in the first part of 2019. Wildly surprising stuff too, like Glitch Techs had had full studio support up until then.

As far as I can tell, animation is one of the few industries not terribly impacted by covid. There's not a lot of face to face necessary, and even before all this I'd already had teammates I never met working from different continents. Hell, I just interviewed for a position at Titmouse with the expectation of entirely remote work. I super don't think it was a financially-grounded decision.

Anyway, just my speculation and some gossip!

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

PostNouveau posted:

I've never seen I, Claudius. Is it good? Extrapolating the story from this lovely retelling, it seems like it might be pretty good.

I, Claudius is excellent. John Hurt is Caligula and he's the best Caligula.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
It bugs me they spelled out the same joke 3 times in that clip.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

There's jokes?

Sorry, you're right: processed joke product.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
The episode where Homer gives [celebrity couple] marriage counseling was the one that made me decide to not bother watching it even in passing. It was bad. A few years later I decided to give it another go and it was the one where Kent Brockman lost his job. Just... absolutely nothing happened. It was devoid.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Gabbo is good.

I got curious: it was You Kent Always Say What You Want, s18e22. Surprisingly easy to look up, given I remember exactly one thing about it.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
I wonder how long it'll be before they start mining the audience for content. I'm surprised they haven't that Dead Bart Creepypasta or The Simpsons Predict The Future! yet.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

Oooooof.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
I like the Spooky Fish episode.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
I don't know if I like the Brony episode or the erotic friend fiction episode of Bob's best. It's extremely cute how Bob hates Tina's interests, but less than he loves Tina. :3:

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

SweetMercifulCrap! posted:

Yeah, this is a great video for anyone who hasn't watched it yet. The airport joke comparison shows how so many modern jokes that fall flat could be made into good jokes with even a minimal amount of scrutiny.

I love this guy's content but have a hard time selling people on how thoughtful and informative the videos of Super Eyepatch Wolf are. :(
His Silent Hill and Junji Ito videos are great. He's a good watch.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

Milo and POTUS posted:

Lisa always sucked lets be honest

It's pretty bad when I can agree with your character's politics but still hate them for being a condescending preacher.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
B-b-b-b-ut?! I'm better than everyone else!

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Not surprised to see a lot of other people checked out with the Susan Boil episode. I wanted to give the reboot an earnest go back when it was first premiering and that one killed my interest dead.

It makes me angry to think of how many hands that had to pass through to reach air. Somebody somewhere was like, "You know who's not going anywhere? Susan Boyle. Trust me on this!" and people agreed.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
"Cretaceous Gardens."
Eeeey yooo, I'mma Simpson writa ovah hea'h!

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
When somebody does something stupid I'll think, "THAT'S THE GREATEST THING I EVER SAW!" And I get a lot of the opera from the (first) season finale stuck in my head from time to time.

Actually, I remember a lot of Robot Devil lines. Did post-revival gently caress him up?

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

I am a BG designer and this upsets me for being so busy, yet bland. Tedious work.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
The episode about the giantess made me irrationally angry. Why did Elfo invent a girlfriend? He already thought he had a girlfriend!

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Some Enchanted Evening gave us this clip and it's so smooth and well-timed that I forgive whatever else is in that episode.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

Empty Sandwich posted:

my father claims that he gave up video games after Joust. more than one button is too many. he's also going to buy Red Dead Redemption once he gets a machine that can handle it.

I got my dad RDR2 for his birthday 3 years ago and he will not stop playing it. Last I heard, Arthur is sitting on 70 grand.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
There's a mad lib style episode outline for new Simpsons. You can't convince me there's not.

Homer decides to _____________ (verb), so the family goes to _____________ (place). While there, _____________ (character A) runs into _____________ (side character) and discovers a new interest in _____________(verb). _____________(character A)'s new interest/character trait causes a rift with the family, so they team up with _____________ (celebrity) to restore the natural order of things by _____________(verb). Instead, _____________(character A) doubles down. But when _____________(character A) sees how their new interest/character trait is affecting their loved ones, _____________(character A) decides it's best to drop the interest/character trait.

B Plot: Marge/Lisa (circle one) decide to try _____________(pop culture verb), but it turns out it's more trouble than it's worth.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Welcome! The Real or Fake Episode game still makes me sad.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Every time I see somebody trip and fall down I automatically hear Gumbly's catchphrase, "HWUH!" in my head.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
And why is their skin yellow? Skin isn't yellow unless you're jaundiced. Are they all jaundiced? Their sclera should be yellow too, then.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
I couldn't believe this hadn't been done, so

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
The Critic episode is and always has been a great episode.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
So imagine that scene in the Blair Witch Project where they lose the map and Mike is anger-laughing and screaming OHHHHH BOOOOY into the woods. That's me reading that plot summary.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

I know Marge's voice is dead now, but that's the worst I've ever heard it.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
The rest of it is the RDRR derail.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
All this frowning is giving me wrinkles.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Thinking about bad gay stereotypes in The Simpsons got me thinking about how much I love Shore Leave in Venture Bros.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
I got bullied out of an interest in math because of teachers like that and I'm still loving angry about it 20 years later. Like to the point I want to meet them again.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Maybe swap out Marge's VA for a non-zombie.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

PostNouveau posted:

They actually used the "Marge becomes a robot" one last season.

Also the crazy wedding essentially happened with Grandpa and Selma.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Were they nerdy enough to reference the light novel Edge of Tomorrow rips from, or did all the nerds dip when Futurama was a thing?

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

I want an episode on Chef Bart-Eater.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Lots of potential in that crowd. Also digging the Torsoless Bandit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
There was a story from a goon about how their horse was dumb and would get spooked by the geese every time it passed them on a round track. That's me with Marge's voice.