Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was the lowest point of the Simpson
Homer Votes
Harlem Shake
Keisha Tik Tok intro
Homer Live
Lisa Goes Gaga
Other (please specify)
View Results

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
I'm not a huge Simpons fan. I watched it on TV as a child, and enjoyed it, but I wouldn't say I've seen all the good seasons.
Hearing these plot synopses(like the few above) just make me feel like I'm catching up on an old friend who is into some really nasty stuff now.
Like just awkward and sad,.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

remember that poo poo being concerning, like "WHOA SHOULD WE LET KIDS WATCH THIS??"

lol

Barts a TERRIBLE INFLUENCE ON TODAYS YOUTH- someone in like 1990

Went from freaking out about Bart, to Beavis and Butthead, to South Park.
Really shows the degeneration of our society over the past 20ish years.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
At least The Critic's pop culture references and celebrity walkons made more sense, being that he is a Film Critic.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

The Critic should have gotten six more seasons minimum.

While I love the Critic, it was wearing thin by the third season

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

There are always new movies so there's always more material.

Yes, but did you watch the "webisodes" that were put out after the cancellation?
They were pretty terrible.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
Homer gets raped by SPACE pandas.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

CharlestonJew posted:

remember the episode with Frank Grimes Jr. who had the exact same plotline and died the exact same way because gently caress creativity right

What

:what:

:effort:

That is somehow more offensive than homer getting panda raped.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
Homer is fat.

Homer stepped on the scale and the scale said 239 and he lamented how much of a whale he is.

Two Thirty Nine

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

Aging Millenial posted:

What's really annoying about the show is how repulsive the animation became. They don't care that simple hand-drawn animation of the golden era simply look better than the pristine computerized crap they have now.

Season 1 ReBoot looks better than modern Simpsons.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
I thought there was supposed to be jokes here

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

Serephina posted:

Explain this to non-US people?

wtf does being Non-US have to do with it?
It's a lovely rehash of a previous joke.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

New Yorp New Yorp posted:

From the few episodes I saw it was just a lot of characters being mean to each other for no reason, "supposed to be funny because it's a non-sequitur" gags, and grossout humor. Basically everything modern Simpsons does that I hate. :shrug:

Seriously. It's just " Hi im a huge abusive alcoholic rear end in a top hat that has zero redeeming features and never gets any comeuppance" .

It's Shake from ATHF if you removed anything bad happening to him.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
My best memories of Comedy Central is watching the same handful of movies over and over and over during the summers.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
People only like R+M because they are emotionally retarded.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
What the gently caress does someone from HAH VAHrd know about humor anyway

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
Rick and morty is a garbage show for garbage people

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
Has there ever been an episode where Marge gets super into doing kegels?

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
MR SPARKLE

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
^ Here's a tip. Everything is offensive now.

Irradiation posted:

There's a thread in PYF about shows that didn't hold up over time. I expected it to be mostly about 90s sitcoms and how could anyone ever think they were good, but no within a page it turned into a topic about how the simpsons was anti-trans because of this scene:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JrCle0tteu8

I read the first several pages and it's all just "Anything older than 2 years is racist, sexist, ableist, homophobic, etc etc etc etc"
Garbage thread

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
Flipping around on TV and Homer Vs NYC was on. I really dislike this episode. The whole thing was "here I am being insane and violent for no reason whatsoever"

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
I really really really dislike Family guy, from Day 1.
However, the Family guy star wars parody movie had one bit I liked. I thought the whole running gag with the couch was great.
Doesn't really redeem the whole series or even the rest of that one movie, but there you go.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

Drink-Mix Man posted:

Anyone ever see the one where Homer is a paralyzed superhero who can only communicate by farting? Don't.

I.....I don't even want a confirm or deny that this is real.
I need to just leave. This concept is hurting my brain

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
The critic isn't perfect, and has it's flaws, but it is also loving good and you should watch it

ALL HAIL DUKE

DUKE IS LIFE

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

skasion posted:

Tbf this is more the lowest point of America rather than being the fault of the Simpsons

reminder that in the epsiode where Homer gains so much weight he wears a mu-mu, he wears less than 350.
His " Normal" weight is around 230.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

Sodomy Non Sapiens posted:

I'm a pessimist. I don't think the Simpsons has hit it's lowest point yet. I think it can get lower.

Marge's accidental orgy?

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

I can't wait till 6 years from now when they make a game of thrones episode

Game of Bones: Poochy Returns

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

MisterBear posted:

Brought to you by the Zinc Council of America - Making Zinc Great Again

I read that the biggest lobbyist for keeping the penny around IS the Zinc council.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

Phlegmish posted:

There are a lot of latter-day episodes that have some good jokes in them. They're just balanced out by all the cringeworthy stuff.

"Hey, theres a couple good peanuts in there, if you don't mind all the feces around them."

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

bitterandtwisted posted:

Springfield might just be a crappy small town where property is cheap.
The four bedroom house I lived in as a kid is worth way less than the tiny flat I live in now.

How high can property values be when you got a raging, ever-burning, tire fire going?

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

XxGirlKisserxX posted:

seeing Alec Baldwin win an Emmy for that impression really made me loathe how up its own rear end Hollywood is at the moment. more than ever they're embracing their #resistance bullshit and everything sucks dick now

anyway, The Simpsons went downhill once it moved from Thursdays back to Sundays

They're all childfuckers anyway.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
There was that Comedy Central show "That's my Bush!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

SweetMercifulCrap! posted:

Lol yes. But saying “why are they depressed if they’re rich??” Is pretty ignorant.

Obv its the money making them depressed. They should give me their money, so they can be happy and poor and I can be "depressed"* and rich for them.

*Actually having the time of my goddamn life traveling and doing poo poo without having the burden of money over my head and having to kill myself to profit some CEO