Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was the lowest point of the Simpson
Homer Votes
Harlem Shake
Keisha Tik Tok intro
Homer Live
Lisa Goes Gaga
Other (please specify)
View Results

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Outpost22 posted:

Lisa needs braces.

Dental plan!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

SlothfulCobra posted:

I do think that even outside of the future episodes, the writers do have an idea that Bart will peak early and live most of his life as a burnout bum. But it's weird when they try to criticize Bart on those ground because he's still just a kid.

I wash myself with a rag on a stick :smug:

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

emgeejay posted:

https://twitter.com/thesimpsons/status/1701634381947773282?s=46&t=m6fGiglUP1-mz5m0sRqpiw
stop stop it’s already dead, my eyes the goggles do nothing, ow my freaking ears, etc.

God, the animation is so sterile and stiff :gonk:

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
He says something like "Why would God give you a mom as hot as Lois and make you look like Peter?"

edit:

Busters posted:

The worst episode is the one where Meg becomes a born again Christian and tries to convert seth macfarlane's self insert character Brian at a book burning.

I would argue that the episode where Lois becomes an anti-vaxxer is worse, especially considering the uncomfortably unnatural dialogue

YeahTubaMike fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Sep 14, 2023

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

porfiria posted:

I feel like AI voices/recasting are close at hand at this point.

It would certainly be less offputting, at least in the case of Julie Kavner

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Tree Goat posted:

i took the bullet here to search if that was real and, sadly, it is, in fact, real. a treehouse segment but real all the same.

Thanks for taking one for the team, I would have bet money that it was ChatGPT

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

CodfishCartographer posted:

The timing on the fall is all sorts of hosed up too. She gasps, pauses for a beat, THEN stumbles backwards in shock. It just doesn't flow or feel natural at all.

Seriously, even :monocle: is more fluid & natural than that.

In a half-decent animation, she would have immediately gasped/screamed and then either fallen 1) onto the floor, or 2) into a laundry hamper that was close enough to her that she could knock it over without stumbling.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

You Are A Elf posted:

Lisa falling backwards reminds me of this:

Literally almost snort-:lol:ed Frosted Miniwheats out of my nose, so thanks for that

drat, I miss the Loss days

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Atlas Hugged posted:

"I hate every ape I see..."

It's like The Simpsons predicted NFTs.

from NFA to NFZ...

brugroffil posted:

I was much, much older than I should have been before I knew the actual story of Streetcar and the joke behind the "kindness of strangers" song in the Simpsons

I always thought that the Streetcar Named Desire & Planet of the Apes musicals were funny but I didn't fully understand the concept of the joke until I was like 35, don't worry about it

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Mr Interweb posted:

i didn't know that the Dr. Zaius song was a parody of Rock Me, Amadaeus until 2014

(i'm almost 40)

I'm 36, I've never heard Rock Me Amadeus and I wouldn't know the Dr. Zaius song was a parody of it if my mom hadn't told me

Data Graham posted:

I'm also sometimes struck by how much effort they put into the lyrics and songwriting even of their dumb parodies. Like Krusty's version of "Send In the Clowns".

Send in the clowns
Those daffy, laffy clowns
Send in those soulful and doleful,
schmaltz-by-the-bowlful clowns.

That's good wordplay! Siddown Stephen

It was today, just now, that I learned that Krusty's version of Send in the Clowns is different from the original :monocle:

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

FireWorksWell posted:

Ahhh! Francine! Seagulls! This time they could drive!

I really don't like seeing animals get hurt but AD mostly does it in ways that manage to tickle me, like the suicidal lemur or when Stan's hacking his way through the jungle to rescue his CIA students

I don't like seeing animals get hurt either, but Stevearino juggling & eating cats' heads and Francine casually drowning an ortolan are some of my favorite American Dad bits.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Halisnacks posted:

I never realised that she was quite so old even when Marge and Homer were canonically in their mid-20s.

Is she especially old there though? I mean, if Marge has been grey as a mule since she was 17 (I forget whether or not that's canon), maybe it's a family trait

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Khanstant posted:

Bart was sounding off in the episode as well.

In the most recent episode I saw, he didn't sound like a 10 year old boy -- he sounded (understandably) like an adult woman. I don't know if that's the "off" you're talking about, but it was certainly the "off" that I observed.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Non Compos Mentis posted:

i wonder if someone had to be talked down from including a climax in that scene

Wasn't there an episode where Homer DID come though? I mean, please don't look too far into it, I sure as hell didn't, but I feel like a podcast mentioned it or something. :gonk:

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
"Hey Lois, that reminds me of the time I went back to my favorite food truck growing up"

"Come to think of it, maybe it was actually the hamburger stand across the street. :thunk:"

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Master Twig posted:

I had a friend recently tell me at a gathering lately that the current season of the Simpsons is actually pretty good.

I feel like people have been saying "THIS season of The Simpsons is good, actually" for like, the past five seasons. Granted, I haven't watched every episode from every season they've referenced, but after seeing promos, I don't trust them.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Toxic Mental posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFCLt41eBi0

Also it's like a full minute of zero comedy or anything that could be considered humorous

Moe goes from having nostrils to not having nostrils to having nostrils again, that was kind of funny I guess

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Jimbone Tallshanks posted:

If they said the Simpsons were ending would you watch the finale?

shyduck posted:

Yeah to make sure it's dead

:hmmyes:

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
It was a while ago, AND it was in what ended up being one of the most revered episodes of the entire series

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

dr_rat posted:

Who needs the quick mart

~ I doooooo ~ :smith:

But yes, your point stands