Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheSpamalope
Dec 30, 2008

by sebmojo
Lipstick Apathy
Haven't been able to figure that one out yet but good luck op try chewing gum I guess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheSpamalope
Dec 30, 2008

by sebmojo
Lipstick Apathy
I tried sobbing uncontrollably in a ball on the floor for a while, but it lost it's charm and boredom led me back to the drinkin'

TheSpamalope
Dec 30, 2008

by sebmojo
Lipstick Apathy
Been drinkin for five days

TheSpamalope
Dec 30, 2008

by sebmojo
Lipstick Apathy
I drank beer and played some guitar today it was warm beer but still mighty tasty. The best is to take a big drink and hold it in your mouth at the start of a song so you can savor it along the way.

TheSpamalope
Dec 30, 2008

by sebmojo
Lipstick Apathy
Yeah and believe me I have been looking into this.

TheSpamalope
Dec 30, 2008

by sebmojo
Lipstick Apathy

skeletonotherkin posted:

This is just loving gay.

lmbo

TheSpamalope
Dec 30, 2008

by sebmojo
Lipstick Apathy

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Probably the latter. But I'm pretty sure he means well so that's ok in my book.

He's hosed in the head but you don't have to be an rear end in a top hat to him

TheSpamalope
Dec 30, 2008

by sebmojo
Lipstick Apathy
Beer is very nice I really enjoy it sobriety ain't for me

TheSpamalope
Dec 30, 2008

by sebmojo
Lipstick Apathy
Maybe try having a single shed of self control idk

TheSpamalope
Dec 30, 2008

by sebmojo
Lipstick Apathy

dad gay. so what posted:

Men and women drink essentially because they like the effect produced by alcohol. The sensation is so elusive that, while they admit it is injurious, they cannot after a time differentiate the true from the false. To them, their alcoholic life seems the only normal one. They are restless, irritable and discontented, unless they can again experience the sense of ease and comfort which comes at once by taking a few drinks - drinks which they see others taking with impunity. After they have succumbed to the desire again, as so many do, and the phenomenon of craving develops, they pass through the well-known stages of a spree, emerging remorseful, with a firm resolution not to drink again. This is repeated over and over, and unless this person can experience an entire psychic change there is very little hope of his recovery.

Smidge of self control will fix that problem of posting rants about beer feelings. Just have a beer and relax forget about feeling things

TheSpamalope
Dec 30, 2008

by sebmojo
Lipstick Apathy
Hopefully it all works out for the best and one day we can sit back with a bottle of jager and laugh about this whole silly situation

TheSpamalope
Dec 30, 2008

by sebmojo
Lipstick Apathy
Yeah sure just start doing physical labour that'll help and won't even make you thirsty. How about you just have half a beer then it's not so bad and you can have the second half before bed

TheSpamalope
Dec 30, 2008

by sebmojo
Lipstick Apathy

Me too, but I'm getting paid tomorrow. I'm gonna spend it on Thai food and beer.

TheSpamalope
Dec 30, 2008

by sebmojo
Lipstick Apathy

Today I have a family thing in about an hour. They are all Irish and drinking is a big thing and lot of us drink too much but no one really has a problem. Well, my aunt died from alcoholism.

I have no intention of drinking today.

Oh why?

TheSpamalope
Dec 30, 2008

by sebmojo
Lipstick Apathy
I think we should share inspirational quotes

TheSpamalope
Dec 30, 2008

by sebmojo
Lipstick Apathy
I have more beer in my fridge but after that no more!!!

TheSpamalope
Dec 30, 2008

by sebmojo
Lipstick Apathy
I'm just gonna try to drink them quickly

TheSpamalope
Dec 30, 2008

by sebmojo
Lipstick Apathy
Well i guess we're gonna be in a war soon and environment going crazy. Just have fun and don't have children

TheSpamalope
Dec 30, 2008

by sebmojo
Lipstick Apathy

VendaGoat posted:

gently caress you dad! I'll have as many children as I want!

*looks behind him all confused*

:confused:

TheSpamalope
Dec 30, 2008

by sebmojo
Lipstick Apathy

Nooner posted:

I just got back from a really nice hike to this waterfall in Malibu with my fiancee and now imma eat some leftover pizza and drink vodka

I eat a pizza bun and drink ipa. Lol I'm poorer than you Nooner

TheSpamalope
Dec 30, 2008

by sebmojo
Lipstick Apathy

I'm drinking water and trying to figure out something to do. I actually broke down all the boxes for recycling that took up a significant part of my kitchen. I unsuccessfully tried to OC my video card an hour ago. LOTR is on TV and I'm obligated to watch it no matter how many times I've seen it. If I get the motivation, I might try cleaning off the coffee table or something. It's a mess though. I'm probably going to play that flight sim again. You have to be pretty focused or you die. Last night when I played with goons, I was on the runway ready to go, and my right engine started on fire for no reason and I exploded. The sim is kinda hard for me.

I also took just a couple weed pills to help calm me down later since they take a while to kick in. I'm smoking less now and am out of the pills, but I still want to be off of everything. Even weed. Well weed in moderation. It seems I can't do that with booze.

What are you guys doing tonight?

I'm drinking tonight. Four Winds IPA. Thre first drink was just like ahhh nothing in the world compares you know?

TheSpamalope
Dec 30, 2008

by sebmojo
Lipstick Apathy

Spunky Junior Reporter! posted:

rlol im drunk as hell right nwo

gently caress yeah

TheSpamalope
Dec 30, 2008

by sebmojo
Lipstick Apathy

SpaceClown posted:

getting (mostly) sober and my poo poo (mostly) together was easier than being a good poster here.

i think i might just exhile to e/n cause im a melodromatic dramaqueen baby who can't just shut the hell up.
stay sober penny and everybody else itt who has that goal, i need to loving sleep. today was an exercise of iron will to not take another doseage of speed to fix my issues.

toms hardware

the remaining newsgroup bbses

:shrug:

If it was gonna fix things you should have done it. There's still time

TheSpamalope
Dec 30, 2008

by sebmojo
Lipstick Apathy
Doing drugs, drinking, it's all good. That one guy hung out with his family who were drinking and he only had diet soda. That's rude, rude to your family and also just wrong. He wanted a beer, that was a stand in for beer. Hell come around the craving never leaves nothing will be right until he tastes beer again. And that's okay, and good actually.

TheSpamalope
Dec 30, 2008

by sebmojo
Lipstick Apathy

SpaceClown posted:

Please dont do this

I'm doing it right now gonna melt down about it!?!?

TheSpamalope
Dec 30, 2008

by sebmojo
Lipstick Apathy
The greater power also created beer for you. I'm not sure it's trustworthy

TheSpamalope
Dec 30, 2008

by sebmojo
Lipstick Apathy
I guess if you deny yourself beer your denying your maker. Crazy

TheSpamalope
Dec 30, 2008

by sebmojo
Lipstick Apathy
Seems like you aren't taking recovery seriously then

TheSpamalope
Dec 30, 2008

by sebmojo
Lipstick Apathy

dad gay. so what posted:

what are you? the recovery police? go play with your toys, bitch

I'm sensing some hostility. Do you have a hard time accepting criticism? We are all here to share and heal. Now.... Let us pray.

*The circle all link dicks*

TheSpamalope
Dec 30, 2008

by sebmojo
Lipstick Apathy

Nooner posted:

imma get drunk tonight guys

Had a good rear end day noons. Went hiking with my fiance all day, stopped for chili and cornbread and beer on the way home, had a beer and finished a work project in about a quarter of the time expected and now I'm drinking some beers and playing Betrayal at Krondor. All right have a good one bud take'er easy

...and if she's easy take her twice.

*slaps your rear end* see ya around pal

TheSpamalope
Dec 30, 2008

by sebmojo
Lipstick Apathy
Voltaire loved getting wasted

TheSpamalope
Dec 30, 2008

by sebmojo
Lipstick Apathy
Wanna know how i know?

Because you see it is simple really...

I'm not the sweet spamalope you think i am

*winks* catch you later

*Jumps harley over Grand canyon doing sick tricks*

TheSpamalope
Dec 30, 2008

by sebmojo
Lipstick Apathy

Smash it Smash hit posted:

sobriety is an illusion

True. The addiction never goes away, there is just a fight against inevitable relapse. Some hold out longer than others but none of them should be considered happy or normal

TheSpamalope
Dec 30, 2008

by sebmojo
Lipstick Apathy
It really is better to just use. If youre deep in addiction your life is already over in any meaningful sense. Better to use and see what lies beneath instead of living as a tortured ghost in the world.

TheSpamalope
Dec 30, 2008

by sebmojo
Lipstick Apathy

Hardawn posted:

Women who worshipped Bacchus would basically headbang to induce a spiritual ferver. Try that

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTvu1Yr3Ohk

I'll help everyone get started

TheSpamalope
Dec 30, 2008

by sebmojo
Lipstick Apathy
If you drive very fast on the highway with your head out the window you can cut out the can and stick it to Big Air.

TheSpamalope
Dec 30, 2008

by sebmojo
Lipstick Apathy
I don't take benzos because I'm not a broke brained addict :grin:

TheSpamalope
Dec 30, 2008

by sebmojo
Lipstick Apathy
Lol yeah become numb that'sa good answer. Just another ghost

TheSpamalope
Dec 30, 2008

by sebmojo
Lipstick Apathy

With that logic then my Zoloft means I'm not sober. :(

Such is life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheSpamalope
Dec 30, 2008

by sebmojo
Lipstick Apathy
If you screwed up you should try being accountable for once and start counting from zero again

• Locked thread