Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

Sobriety loving sucks but people tell me if you're sober for long enough good things will happen and life will stop being terrible personally I thinktheyre all jsut Lieing fucks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

Lmao at the idea that long term amphetamine usage is sobriety

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

i dont think i can do sobriety for the time being im gonna try again when life is lesss shity

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

Sintax posted:

I have not drank in a year and a half and have not smoked a weed in 4 months and I can't wait to smoke a weed again

Snort a fat line of K, that's livin'

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

turn off the TV posted:

If you're honestly drinking to self medicate it's way easier to treat the underlying problems and then quit drinking. I finally found an antidepressant that is doing its job and since then I haven't felt that pressure to get drunk in order to feel any kind of relaxation in the evening. I didn't even really have to try to quit drinking, and I haven't had more than a small glass of wine in the past two or three months. Just the thought of getting drunk again seems pretty miserable.

if antidepressants are enough to fix your depression then you aint really depressedi n the first place

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

Pennywise the Frown posted:

edit:^^^^ I'm on an antidepressant soon to be two, one mood stabilizers, one anti-anxiety, and one antipsychotic. What I'm doing is very dumb.

I've been working on the underlying problems weekly with a therapist and psychiatrist for a few years. I do drink to self medicate, but it's stupid because the drinking probably counteracts all of the meds I'm on, so I want to continue drinking because they aren't doing anything. Try to follow my logic here guys (there isn't any).

Well at least I'm self aware enough to know I'm a loving moron. That's a good start.

And thanks CaptainSarcastic. The first few days were bad. Now I feel better but am a bit off the wall emotionally.... well more than your standard bipolar person is. I know I shouldn't use the weed as a crutch and I'm already starting to scale that back. As in, not smoke as much as I drink thinking that I'll get more and more hosed up. But rather having a few hits instead of a few bowls.

These aren't excuses or anything, I'm laying it all out right here and I'm aware of it. Babby steps.

i aint lyin start doing fat lines of k youll feel real good till you run out of money

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

i took abunc of vyvanse today but my brain doctor says its good for me so im still sober technically

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

500 good dogs posted:

It's hard not smoking weed when I have like 200 dollars worth in the house

make one super potent edible and get so stoned you think ur a glass of orange juice

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

im not here to hate at all but if youre taking benzos on the daily your not sober in any sense of the word

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

Pennywise the Frown posted:

With that logic then my Zoloft means I'm not sober. :(

An ssri like Zoloft is very different from a benzos my man benzos are not something you wanna take long term check out the thread in tcc

• Locked thread