Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
skeletonotherkin
Sep 26, 2014

Corby Haas posted:

How it Works

Also, be nice to yourself.

One technique for anxiety is just to pretend that whatever it is worrying you is definitely true, and how will you deal with it? Oh, she definitely killed herself and it's definitely my fault? Well, I'll probably find a therapist and talk about it and eventually believe it's not my fault or at least I won't kill myself too or whatever and someone will still love me one day. Oh, I definitely have AIDS/herpes/whatever? Well, people get AIDS. So I have AIDS now. So I take AIDS medicine and talk to other AIDS people about how AIDS sucks and one day I die from it but everyone dies from something eventually so whatever it's just AIDS.

Anxiety is brutal. If you live somewhere with affordable/accessible psychiatrists, speak to one. That said, it's basically impossible to diagnose someone in active addiction, and alcohol/drugs do not play nice with psych meds.

There's links in an E/N sticky about crisis helplines. Maybe bookmark them while you don't feel like using them. Anxiety can be more dangerous than depression. Depression suffocates you; anxiety attacks you.

---
Online AA meetings if you live somewhere that IRL AA is inconvenient. But if you just call your area's Intergroup usually someone is able to pick you up and drive you to a meeting.

In all honesty I've been cutting back on my drinking due to the fact that my shrink is recommending AA meetings. I'm actually wondering if i should stop seeing him since he seems bent on recommending this loving cult as a solution to my problems.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skeletonotherkin
Sep 26, 2014

I'm not a social drinker, but I love this sketch.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OIRtfIrNOZU

skeletonotherkin
Sep 26, 2014

dad gay. so what posted:

here, this is from silkworths original manuscript you dumbass bitch retard

Step eleven suggests prayer and meditation. Don't by~ shy on this matter of prayer. Better men than we are using it constantly. It works, if you have the proper attitude and work at it. It would be easy to be vague about this matter. Yet, we believe we can give you some definite and valuable suggestions.

When you awake tomorrow morning, look back over the day before. Were you resentful, selfish, dishonest, or afraid? Do you owe an apology? Have you kept something to yourself which should be discussed with another person at once? Were you kind and loving toward all? What could you have done better? Were you thinking of yourself most of the time? Or were you thinking of what you could do for others, of what you could pack into the stream of life? After you have faced yesterday, ask God's forgiveness for any wrong. Ask to be shown what to do. Thus you keep clean as you live each day.

Next, think about the twenty-four hours ahead. Consider your plans for the day. Before you begin, ask God to guide your thinking. Especially ask that it be divorced from self-pity, dishonest or self-seeking motives. Then go ahead and use your common sense. There is nothing hard or mysterious about this. God gave you brains to use. Clear your thinking of wrong motives. Your thought life will be placed on a much higher plane.

This is just loving gay.

skeletonotherkin
Sep 26, 2014

dad gay. so what posted:

alcoholism isnt a disease its a made up word for retards lol

also, reality started from nothing, is meaningless, and veers off into the night without any purpose or reason

I dunno honestly reality is a lot worse with the hang overs I've been experiencing recently.

skeletonotherkin
Sep 26, 2014

dad gay. so what posted:

hangovers dont exist noob

They didn't for a while, then they came screaming back with a vengeance.

• Locked thread