Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ice Blue Mink
Mar 21, 2017

by zen death robot

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Hey, can you PM me your email associated with your account?

Oh Penny, you can't PM without plat. It's a chicken and egg problem for sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ice Blue Mink
Mar 21, 2017

by zen death robot
How you doing, BTW, Penny? Still going strong?

Ice Blue Mink
Mar 21, 2017

by zen death robot

CaptainSarcastic posted:

12-step approaches are fine for some people, and not fine for others. Being proselytic about it isn't really helping anyone.

Isn't proselytizing the whole point of teaching people about God? So you can get all your friends on board and bring them to your church to toss in their 10% tithes? Of course you kick some of that money back to the elders (who brought in their friends) in the form of church trips to the Bahamas or what not. It's like a pointy triangle shaped system.

Ice Blue Mink
Mar 21, 2017

by zen death robot
Yes but are you sober still? That's the most important part.

Ice Blue Mink
Mar 21, 2017

by zen death robot

Again, much appreciated. I know GBS isn't the place for this but here we are.

I don't know why it wouldn't be the place for this. If we have threads like [insert literally any thread in the list] in GBS, why doesn't this one belong?

Ice Blue Mink
Mar 21, 2017

by zen death robot

Big Centipede posted:

Gonna watch John Wick laterr

How good is John Wick the second time? I've seen it before (haven't seen the second and won't until it's on some streaming service) but don't generally watch a movie multiple times like some crazy people do. I did watch Sicario like 4 times because it's awesome, though.

Ice Blue Mink
Mar 21, 2017

by zen death robot

H.H posted:

Stopped smoking weed less than a week ago since I'm trying to land a job that requires me to quit using illicit substances.
I don't really smoke alone, but most of my friends are at least social smokers and a lot of my meetings with them revolve around weed. This makes it incredibly hard to quit.

Yesterday was my first real challenge. I was at a party where everybody smoked and I wanted to inhale that first puff of the evening so bad, it was driving me insane. I tried drinking alcohol as a replacement, but it just wasn't the same. Like a lot of my other friends, I lost the taste for alcohol after switching to weed.

I hope it will get easier over time, but I'm sure the first month will be really lovely. I need to find a way to have fun with my friends (while they're high) while being completely sober.
It's not that their company is impossible to enjoy without weed, but being sober with a high person sucks.

Any advice?

I can tell you not to try to do the things you really enjoyed while high! You'll be disappointed and feel even more like you need to smoke if you try watching cartoons or whatever, realize it's pretty dumb, but that your experience could be transformed into something magical with a few puffs of the magic grass. I've been trying to find new things to do instead. For example I watched TV a lot when I smoked, so now I'm trying to play more video games, which sounds dumb but I never really did that high so it keeps me busy, I have fun, and my mind is off of it.

Ice Blue Mink
Mar 21, 2017

by zen death robot
You could try working out. Like go do a serious workout before meeting up with your friends. You'll feel happier with your body/health/brain as a result and it should help stave off the need to smoke (if you're already chill and happy).

Ice Blue Mink
Mar 21, 2017

by zen death robot

RFC2324 posted:

I keep forgetting there are parts of the world where going outside is an option. My bad!

Do you live in a submarine?

Ice Blue Mink
Mar 21, 2017

by zen death robot

Ok well that was easy. I wanted a cigarette really bad yesterday even after just a few packs. I didn't buy any and I think I'm good with my e-cig now. I'm on day one of not drinking again. If I don't have anything tonight then it should help break the cycle just like last time. Gotta get out and do something.

Don't go out to a bar or liquor store though, that'd be a mistake! Good luck, Penny!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ice Blue Mink
Mar 21, 2017

by zen death robot
Who said the thing about committing to not drinking today but if you want a drink tomorrow you can. That's a good one I'm surprised it's working.

• Locked thread