Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

Lindsey O. Graham posted:

i ching is pretty good and I don't know how to do that myself, so it's rather impressive to me that you know how to read it
for the immediate future you might want to stick to what you are comfortable with

you can study the cards if you want, but imo, just because tarot is my personal preference, doesn't necessarily mean it's better

the yi king is the ancestor of the internet, it was through studying it that leibniz discovered the foundations for binary math :eng101:

are there any questions i could discuss with the oracle on your behalf, senator? im sure i could bend the ear of an old friend for a man as impressive as you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

"We're not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term."

- The Chief

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

the yi king is the ancestor of the internet, it was through studying it that leibniz discovered the foundations for binary math :eng101:

are there any questions i could discuss with the oracle on your behalf, senator? im sure i could bend the ear of an old friend for a man as impressive as you

hm,

how's my money situation going to turn out?
i've been drinking all my money and traveling primarily by paid driver, i know it's a formidable task to blow through that much money, but, it is in fact happening

tell me dear sensei, what might the future hold?

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

senator, what's your favorite tarot deck? rider-waite?

if you have time i'd appreciate a reading (especially if there's one that can tell me if/when i'll move out of the country).

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

"We're not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term."

- The Chief

ChickenOfTomorrow posted:

senator, what's your favorite tarot deck? rider-waite?

if you have time i'd appreciate a reading (especially if there's one that can tell me if/when i'll move out of the country).

rider waite isn't my favorite, but it's a good often used deck

my personal deck is the golden tarot deck, but I haven't been using my personal deck on the forums cuz it feels a little weird since i often use it on myself

in the past you held out on a long and tiresome battle,
you were tenacious, as well as resilient in your efforts, and held out as long as you could
now you enjoy certain rewards from your efforts, but, you don't enjoy them as much as you thought you would,
you feel trapped by these various incentives and feel as if they are tying you to a fate you did not choose for yourself, and that you don't find ideal, even if you may find it adequate

in the future, you will sit down and put your efforts into something, and this will be a long term quest to acquire necessary skills
this suggests that if you do plan to leave the country, there will be a period of necessary preparation, in which you will learn necessary skills to make that journey possible

so to answer your question directly, you may leave the country, it's up to you, but, if you choose to, it will be after a significant period of time, because there will be an investment of time and mental energy required on your part to prepare

Lindsey O. Graham has issued a correction as of 08:59 on Feb 19, 2017

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

thank you v much :)

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

you see yourself as someone who was recently lucky,
you see now, a potential path forward,
towards success, and prosperity,
and you mean to make good on following through with your recent breakthrough
you see your partner as intelligent, cautious, fair minded, and clever,
in addition, she is just as interested as you in divining useful information, critical thinking, and personal discovery
she, like you, has an active inner mind, and uses it on a regular basis
you feel an emotional satisfaction with your partner, and a sense of complete fulfillment
you at this point, feel that she fully fulfills what you seek in a woman emotionally
what stands between you and her is the velocity of the affair,
it's important you are brave, and willing to take risks
you are probably the aggressor, and so it's important to maintain bravery, as well as confidence
as you work to maintain her attention, it's early yet in the romance,
so initiative is everything,
the performance of your commitment is what will convince her to commit,
but, don't dally in indecision
she sees you as successful, competent, and giving
she feels that you are adventurous, fiery, and willing to take risks
she feels in you a youthful presence,
that inspires her, and creates in her a deep seated passion
it's your boldness that has an emotional hold on her
the final status of your relationship,
is that you are both enchanted with each other,
this is a time of passion and romance, this union makes you both more confident, and you both stride into the room as if you are the center of attention, when in fact, the center of attention for each of you is the other,
this is a time to entertain, and be entertained, and the timing, as well as the confidence, with which you pursue passion, will be most important

This is stunning, and I've learned so much from it, and will take it forward. It's staggering how relevant and true this is, almost like i wrote a personal synopsis.

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

- The Chief

Zyla posted:

This is stunning, and I've learned so much from it, and will take it forward. It's staggering how relevant and true this is, almost like i wrote a personal synopsis.

thank you from the heart, :blush: :glomp:

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

Has anyone ever done a tarot reading for a political party? Is that too diffuse? I don't know a lot about tarot.

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
here's a tarot reading of american politics:

reverse-death reverse-death reverse-death

huh, that's weird, I only put one of those cards in the deck

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

huh. the tower, and... a bunch of red fabric? and a trading card with a picture of a teargas grenade on it? what deck is this?

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

- The Chief

Has anyone ever done a tarot reading for a political party? Is that too diffuse? I don't know a lot about tarot.

I will do a one card reading for the Democratic Party and Republican Party respectively.

Indolence
like, need i say more? :wow:

the star reversed:

pessimism, bad luck, and stubbornness define this card when reversed

sounds about right...

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

this may be difficult, as you are a fellow tarot reader, but i hope that this reading is acceptable for you:

in the past, you made a life altering decision, one that closed the door to multiple opportunities, and opened the door to a multitude of others,
it may have been marriage, or moving from one place to another
in any case, whatever choice you made, changed everything
in the present, you are in repose,
you are resting, and healing old wounds this is a period of convalescence for you, of healing, and of self reflection
there is a high likelihood,
that your previous choice led you away from a tumultuous, and painful past
in the future, you will struggle with indecision, and denial
you will be unwilling to acknowledge the various ways in which you have evaded your reality, it may be due to a bad childhood, or a manipulative person in your life,
but you will close your eyes to the many options you have in life,
and pay no attention,
because someone else may be hiding the truth,
it is your choice,
whether you act on your gut,
and trust your suspicions
because if you do,
you will avoid being mired in regret,
as well as self loathing

Ouch. Well that is accurate but stings. Which is good I think, stretching hurts if you haven't done it in a while. Thank you for giving me quite a bit of insight.

Now if I could get the same clarity on my love life, if you have the time, I'd appreciate it.

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

- The Chief

KitConstantine posted:

Ouch. Well that is accurate but stings. Which is good I think, stretching hurts if you haven't done it in a while. Thank you for giving me quite a bit of insight.

Now if I could get the same clarity on my love life, if you have the time, I'd appreciate it.

coming soon, it takes me a while to do those as it's a seven card reading

also, i really meant no harm, and i apologize if the language i used was too forceful, i did not mean for that to be the case

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

- The Chief

KitConstantine posted:

you are a charismatic and fun person to be around,
what's more, this is how you see yourself also,
you see your potential/present partner as a force of nature,
a whirlwind, who takes you utterly by surprise and makes impeccable use of timing,
you feel like you have been waiting for this person for a while, and have weathered great struggle while waiting for this person,
perhaps even while being with them,
it is an honorable war you wage, however, and you have shown great strength during this time
you may have been overlooking this person,
perhaps the current transient joys of life has hidden them from you
more likely, you are unaware of the affection that is available to you, and must be more cognizant of the possibilities of love in front of you
your potential/ present partner sees you as clever, sharp, and insightful
they feel as if there are certain areas of life that you have keen astute insight on and that you also have a real affinity for language
they feel as if they are beginning a long term project with you,
where much work will be invested,
yet the rewards are definitely worth the effort invested
the final challenge with your present/ potential partner is assessment, of your mutual goals, desires, and needs
you will find that a moment arrives in the blur of fast paced living, that will allow you both to take stock of where you are and where you are going

the universe asks that you keep your eyes peeled, and your heart open for the possibilities of love both now, and in the future
love is work, yet, it is incredibly rewarding also

Lindsey O. Graham has issued a correction as of 09:15 on Feb 23, 2017

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

coming soon, it takes me a while to do those as it's a seven card reading

also, i really meant no harm, and i apologize if the language i used was too forceful, i did not mean for that to be the case

Oh, no! It's more that it's so accurate it hurts if that makes sense. Language had nothing to do with it, no worries.

you are a charismatic and fun person to be around,
what's more, this is how you see yourself also,
you see your potential/present partner as a force of nature,
a whirlwind, who takes you utterly by surprise and makes impeccable use of timing,
you feel like you have been waiting for this person for a while, and have weathered great struggle while waiting for this person,
perhaps even while being with them,
it is an honorable war you wage, however, and you have shown great strength during this time
you may have been overlooking this person,
perhaps the current transient joys of life has hidden them from you
more likely, you are unaware of the affection that is available to you, and must be more cognizant of the possibilities of love in front of you
your potential/ present partner sees you as clever, sharp, and insightful
they feel as if there are certain areas of life that you have keen astute insight on and that you also have a real affinity for language
they feel as if they are beginning a long term project with you,
where much work will be invested,
yet the rewards are definitely worth the effort invested
the final challenge with your present/ potential partner is assessment, of your mutual goals, desires, and needs
you will find that a moment arrives in the blur of fast paced living, that will allow you both to take stock of where you are and where you are going

the universe asks that you keep your eyes peeled, and your heart open for the possibilities of love both now, and in the future
love is work, yet, it is incredibly rewarding also

Thank you for this reading as well. This, like your previous reading, resonates with me in a way that is fairly spooky. You have a touch for tarot I think.

KitConstantine has issued a correction as of 15:25 on Feb 23, 2017

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

- The Chief

KitConstantine posted:

Oh, no! It's more that it's so accurate it hurts if that makes sense. Language had nothing to do with it, no worries.

Thank you for this reading as well. This, like your previous reading, resonates with me in a way that is fairly spooky. You have a touch for tarot I think.

This means a lot to me, especially coming from another tarot reader. :blush: :blush: :blush:

MadSparkle
Aug 7, 2012

Can Bernie count on you to add to our chest's mad sparkle? Can you spare a little change for an old buccaneer?

I will do a one card reading for the Democratic Party and Republican Party respectively.

Indolence

the star reversed:

pessimism, bad luck, and stubbornness define this card when reversed

sounds about right...

Hahaha, holy poo poo, this is great. Love it.

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*
Op will I find myself in a senate seat without loving my way into it

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

- The Chief

Tonetta posted:

Op will I find myself in a senate seat without loving my way into it

this will be a one card, yes or no reading

the wheel of fortune indicates yes, but you must take advantage of each opportunity as it is very much up to chance, luck is on your side, however

MadSparkle
Aug 7, 2012

Can Bernie count on you to add to our chest's mad sparkle? Can you spare a little change for an old buccaneer?
Senator... if it's not too much to ask, may I ask for another reading? One on my current relationship? I didn't realize the relationship reads were longer, should've asked for that beforehand!

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!
hey hon can you tell me anything about my lve life by any chance ?
i know its a bigger effort but id really appreciate it

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

- The Chief

MadSparkle posted:

Senator... if it's not too much to ask, may I ask for another reading? One on my current relationship? I didn't realize the relationship reads were longer, should've asked for that beforehand!

you have recently come out of an intense, and long battle from which you have emerged the victor,
a deep change has taken place that has added order to your life, and helps you move forward in a more clear headed fashion,
you see your partner as a doorway into incalculable insight,
you feel they have ideas to share with you that have incalculable force and meaning,
you feel they may not be able to share these ideas with you as yet, or may not have even formed their perspective, but will have much to reveal with time,
you feel that there is much required of you emotionally, that it is only with time, perseverance, and much effort that you will be able to reap the rewards of this union,
you see your partner as someone who you will have to work hard to please, yet you feel up to the task
what stands between you, is that either one, or both of you, face a tenuous financial situation,
one, or both of you, have managed to maintain a fairly decent ability to provide material things and satisfy physical material needs however, this ability is not stable, and faces threats from the outside world,
finding ways to maintain secure sources of income may translate into a kind of relationship security for you both
your partner has suffered a great loss or an act of cruelty, this has affected how they view you, and fills their thoughts with anxiety,
it is important now to provide emotional comfort, and a listening ear,
take care to not be overly forceful in this endeavor, as the end goal is to make your partner feel both comfortable and safe, so that they may recover
your partner feels you have happened upon the path to future security, and feels hopeful about your future and perhaps by association, theirs
it is something that will unfold over time, this path to further life success and will require that you take advantage of the opportunities that present themselves to you as they appear
the final challenge of the relationship, is that wisdom, and leadership is often solitary in nature
it is important that you take care to analyze your motives, and that of your partner, in order so you may make the right decision
if marriage is in the cards, then all cards should be on the table, in order to avoid confusion, and consequently, indecision

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

- The Chief

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

hey hon can you tell me anything about my lve life by any chance ?
i know its a bigger effort but id really appreciate it

you see yourself as a recent victor,
you have carried home the prize and are wondering what to do next, after all what you win, you can also swiftly lose,
you are just recovering from what was either a recent breakup or a recent loss of hope,
this nine of swords card's location in the present, suggests the worst is over, and a dark emotional period is coming to it's end,
you see in your potential/present partner, the possibility of fulfillment on a material level, a fulfillment that is full and complete, but that mentally you have trouble grappling with
what you are thinking, and what you are feeling aren't necessarily working hand in hand, and it is perhaps because you have had to walk away from your childhood's initial beliefs and suppositions,
there is an innocence which you have had to let go of,
this process may have led to a kind of nihilism in you which prevents you from trusting your feelings when it comes to romance,
your potential/present partner sees in you a future financial success,
they see you as someone who has embarked on a path that can lead to financial fulfillment,
they may also see you as lucky, and as someone for whom fortune tends to smile,
your potential/ present partner feels that you are a bit more than human, and somewhat magical in your approach to life,
they feel you have abilities that others do not, and may even feel you are a bit out of their league,
if you sense this also, it's important to let them know that this is not the case
the final challenge of a potential/present relationship, is that industry will be required to maintain love,
without work, dedication, and perhaps even the learning of new skills in the realm, of love, active listening, communication, and perhaps even a trade that may be more fiscally viable, it may be difficult to make love last
however, by embracing the execution of effort, the rewards can far outweigh the pains of growth that love can demand

Lindsey O. Graham has issued a correction as of 03:21 on Feb 27, 2017

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

oh gently caress if you're giving love readings i'd be super stoked to get one

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

Indolence

i looked it up because, as i said, i'm not super familiar with tarot (beyond the major arcana and whatever it was Moore covered in Promethea) and

quote:

When you are finally fed up with it and you turn to a Tarot reading to show you the way, the Eight of Cups says that it is just time to leave. When a relationship is getting abusive, when a friend is increasingly disrespectful, when a parent cannot accept you are now an adult who must make independent decisions, the Eight of Cups indicates that it is time to go.

quote:

The 8 of Cups often means that you will choose to leave a situation that is no longer working for you - whether that's a relationship, a job, or a neighborhood. There may be some sadness involved, but in general, this separation, is in your best interests.

jesus christ you are amazing at this

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

- The Chief

i looked it up because, as i said, i'm not super familiar with tarot (beyond the major arcana and whatever it was Moore covered in Promethea) and

jesus christ you are amazing at this

thank you :blush:

here is your reading:

you see yourself as dependable, responsible, and able to rise to the challenge when the going gets tough,
you feel as if your potential/present partner tempts you to do things you wouldn't normally do,
and that they have habits that you don't necessarily approve of, and that you fear, may become your habits too
how you feel about your partner, is that one or both of you are seeking knowledge of yourselves,
that one, or both of you, require time alone to seek self discovery and inner clarity,
what stands between you,
is incredible pain,
the kind of pain that has no reprieve,
perhaps you have suffered grief or loss,
perhaps your potential/present partner has lost you and is currently grieving this loss,
in either case, your potential/present partner has a troubled view of you,
and it is important to guide them through a better understanding of your true motives, so that they may trust you and move forward,
your potential/present partner sees you as passionate, sweet, and somewhat enabling,
you are sweet and tender in your affection, but also all too willing, to
trade order for passion,
at the same time, your potential/present partner feels you can teach them balance, that you possess an order in your life, which they are seeking to attain,
they feel you have achieved balance between good and evil, vice and virtue, and see in you a path towards the same
the final challenge of the present/potential relationship takes the form of a journey,
perhaps away from each other, or perhaps together,
but one, or both of you, are leaving the old life for a new one,
a way of life which one, or both of you, know will be left in favor of the wide and strange future,
the six of swords is associated with air, and the sign of Aquarius, these represent movement, and travel, specifically into the unknown
you both may be taking a journey into the unknown, or perhaps this journey represents a parting,
in any case, your present/potential partner has found in you a guide, towards balance, and in turn perhaps towards happiness as well

Bob Jones
Mar 6, 2007
Nerve Stapled

The Honorable Lindsey Graham, were I to follow your gracious foot steps into politics what would be my fate?

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

- The Chief

Bob Jones posted:

The Honorable Lindsey Graham, were I to follow your gracious foot steps into politics what would be my fate?

one moment, but one thought for you, i wouldn't recommend it

one card reading:

much like trump, you will have to forge your own path,
bernie also, employed this card's approach,
establishment politics won't get you where you need to go,
you will need to find some genuine connection with your constituents and their interests,
your finger will have to be on the pulse of public desire in order to first attain, then maintain power
you will forge your own path with funding as well, using go fund me and various other methods of popular campaign funding which will please your constituents,
in any case, it's important that your message has your voice, because repeating the behavior of others, will not get you the political success you seek,
know that you are at the vanguard of a new movement, and therefore an individual path to power,
once you succeed, you will set the rules for how you choose to govern,
your independence of direction will be hard won, as well as best for those you represent
your journey away from what you know, and what you recognize, may very well lead to political success, as well as adventure

Bob Jones
Mar 6, 2007
Nerve Stapled

Amazing, thank you, I appreciate the consideration and time.

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

- The Chief

Bob Jones posted:

Amazing, thank you, I appreciate the consideration and time.

:tipshat: :cheers:

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

- The Chief
doing the needful, and bumping

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
hi its a new month so i figure i could get my reading for this month please if u would like

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

- The Chief

Lastgirl posted:

hi its a new month so i figure i could get my reading for this month please if u would like

in the past you were disciplined, reflective, and looked onto the vast expanse of your future, while taking on the difficult task of accepting responsibility for your happiness, and progress
progress is something you had to fight for with difficulty, and was hard won
now, you are experiencing doubt, it may have to do with the current state of affairs in the world, as much as it may have to do with personal anxiety

in any case, anxiety is something you are running from, since not so long ago, you felt certain of your direction in life

try to avoid things that seem to instantly subdue your anxiety, only to exact their own costs
you may sense that perhaps, you should face your feelings of anxiety, rather than subdue them, so that you may remain free, and able to continue your triumphant journey to self sufficiency and mastery

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Please tell me my fortune.

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*
I would like to have my fortune on dealers choice

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

what does march hold for this future chicken

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
i have been beset by waning ambition careerwise as of late and have become uneasy about what to do in this increasingly uncertain time...pls advise

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

- The Chief
tarot readings will be coming up soon, i'm currently bogged down in congress investigating fake wiretap claims to troll trump, i'll be with you all soon

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
dear senator, what's my next move?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

- The Chief

Not a Step posted:

Please tell me my fortune.

in the past you may have met your other half, or you may have learned to unite the dark, and light of your psyche
in any case, the decisions you made in your past, have lead to a prosperous future
a future in which, abundance will be a keynote
perhaps, it may become important to you to avoid being trapped by comfort, and instead, reserve the right to explore your freedom, rather than become constrained by the responsibility of having more
in the future, you will turn to charity,
and to giving back,
you will feel it is your responsibility,
to give back to the community that helped you find success,
you will resemble Carnegie, in that you will notice, that the community that surrounds you, is in desperate need of help, and that you will not feel fulfilled, unless, once blessed, you answer that call

• Locked thread