Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

oh poo poo

did not expect that. thanks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

ChickenOfTomorrow posted:

oh poo poo

TRUMP

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

"We're not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term."

- The Chief

oh poo poo

:kimchi:

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

oh poo poo

i mean it turned out to be completely incorrect and i'm left being sad and lonely and guilty, but thanks i guess?

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

"We're not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term."

- The Chief

i mean it turned out to be completely incorrect and i'm left being sad and lonely and guilty, but thanks i guess?

i'm sorry to hear that :sympathy:

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

as always, Senator, it's quite profound and eerily similar to what I'm dealing with right now :stare:

you're really good at this, you're like on par with my SO with this, goddamn :wth:

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

- The Chief

Weeping Wound posted:

as always, Senator, it's quite profound and eerily similar to what I'm dealing with right now :stare:

you're really good at this, you're like on par with my SO with this, goddamn :wth:

thank you so much :unsmith:
that means a lot to me, especially right now :love:

Brother Friendship
Jul 12, 2013

Oh Daddy, I've got the shivers with a fierce and wicked snap. Tell me how a boy gets warm right and quick.

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

- The Chief

Brother Friendship posted:

Oh Daddy, I've got the shivers with a fierce and wicked snap. Tell me how a boy gets warm right and quick.

this appears to be a one card reading question

one moment

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

- The Chief

it appears you may already know,
and may not be willing to tell yourself

meditation may help you divine the true reason for your cold sweat

deep down you know how you got here,
and this is indicated with the high priestess card, and it's association with
intuition

you may be slow to tell others what the root of your suffering is, and may even maintain an attitude of apathy in regard to your ongoing discomfort

however, this card suggests that getting in touch with yourself may allow you to finally come to terms with how you got here, and therefore, how to get out

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Lindsey O. Graham has issued a correction as of 10:13 on Jul 1, 2017

Brother Friendship
Jul 12, 2013

Lindsey O. Graham posted:

it appears you may already know,
and may not be willing to tell yourself

meditation may help you divine the true reason for your cold sweat

deep down you know how you got here,
and this is indicated with the high priestess card, and it's association with
intuition

you may be slow to tell others what the root of your suffering is, and may even maintain an attitude of apathy in regard to your ongoing discomfort

however, this card suggests that getting in touch with yourself may allow you to finally come to terms with how you got here, and therefore, how to get out

You're a sweet boy, right and true

Truth be told I'm a happy man with a case of the nervous shivers. I see the path before me and laugh at the dips and bends but all the same I seek to linger. Perhaps once a foot drops on a well traveled road no force can stop it? And maybe I dare not dip my feet into this stream. Yet, all the same, what choice do I have?

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

i'm sorry to hear that :sympathy:

not your fault, i did a sabotage or you might have been right :)

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

- The Chief

You're a sweet boy, right and true

Truth be told I'm a happy man with a case of the nervous shivers. I see the path before me and laugh at the dips and bends but all the same I seek to linger. Perhaps once a foot drops on a well traveled road no force can stop it? And maybe I dare not dip my feet into this stream. Yet, all the same, what choice do I have?

none

one can only move forwards, or backwards, and incidentally, the act of remaining still without examination is to experience moving backwards

all you can do, is follow what the universe lays before you, in the service of your edification, and perhaps even, your fulfilment

Lindsey O. Graham has issued a correction as of 10:02 on Jul 2, 2017

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

- The Chief
typo

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

not your fault, i did a sabotage or you might have been right :)

again, sorry. i am apparently the best at ruining things that might be good.

so. um. if it's not too much bother...

could you do me a one card, yes/no: can what happened in June be forgiven?

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

- The Chief

again, sorry. i am apparently the best at ruining things that might be good.

so. um. if it's not too much bother...

could you do me a one card, yes/no: can what happened in June be forgiven?

yes

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

thank you <3

powerful lizard
Jan 28, 2009
Just started a new job and found some major changes in my life. Do me a reading about the next couple months

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

- The Chief

Ted_Haggard posted:

Just started a new job and found some major changes in my life. Do me a reading about the next couple months

in the past you had to make hard choices and hold your cards close to the vest
you were positioned between two choices and two points of view, and while weighing your options, you were relatively cautious and measured in your choices, and behavior

your time at work will initially be about maintaining your performance level and your personal sense of work ethic
you will be challenged, and these challenges will be in your wheelhouse as you use your personal talents to win what is largely a winnable battle
you are on solid ground and it is from this point you have the benefit of the upper hand

your life will likely change in a global way
these are perhaps changes which you already anticipate, due to this card representing change that is largely accepted as you allow a chapter in your life to end as yet another one begins
this could signify a move, a career change, or a change in your relationship
whatever the change, it will be profound, and have lasting impact on the months to come

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

- The Chief
bumping so the reading gets read

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
hi lindsey i would like one reading please. cap sun virgo moon pisces ascendant

relevant q's: will things get better at my job? is my research project gonna pan out and help me get into grad school?

e my fav card is queen of wands and 8 of swords shows up in my readings a disconcerting amount of the time

powerful lizard
Jan 28, 2009

bumping so the reading gets read

Read, and thank you senator.

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

- The Chief
bumping so i can remember to finish this tarot reading

i have been unda the weather, and ma readin's aren't very good when i'm ill, but i will get back to this

Sorgrid
May 1, 2007
So it goes.
I'm going through some rough stuff with my family lately, would the cards and your mighty skills kindly give me insight on what to do / what's going on / what's gonna happen next?
P.S.: how come you're not the majority whip with that kind of advantage over your fellow senators?

The Dipshit
Dec 21, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Haha, I have to move to Dallas Tx come this time next year, and I'll take a Tarot reading on my job hunt returning to the city where I went to school.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

:lol:
and i don't want you to wait, because i hate to make anyone wait
i hated making people wait, so i will try to spare you from it

ah here i go, to do this readin' for bae mccain

in the past ma' sweet pea was charming,
handsome, and hard to ignore
he could chat up a room, an' catch' ma' eye from across the room
he had charisma, magnetism, an' the ability to get people to support him

right now, we have a special relationship he and i, an' that is all i'll say on the matta' jus' in case McConnell gets a hold o' these shitposts

in the future, he will go through a difficult time, unable to share his true feelings or his true self
he knows something he can't tell anyone, and is apathetic about the consequences of his silence
he will retreat, and remain on the edges as tumult ensues
this suggests that he isn't so much smooth brained as hell bent on remaining silent on a specific issue regardless of the consequences
he can neither support trump, nor take him down with his insights, so he engages in a kind of insipid support, and spineless scolding
it is the fine line he must walk to appear moderate while still remaining right wing
expect him to make less and less sense as time continues
he may also be hiding a worsening mental condition, but i'll keep you posted on that, as that is something that would concern me deeply, and would be news to me if that were the case

:vince:

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

- The Chief

AverySpecialfriend posted:

hi lindsey i would like one reading please. cap sun virgo moon pisces ascendant

relevant q's: will things get better at my job? is my research project gonna pan out and help me get into grad school?

e my fav card is queen of wands and 8 of swords shows up in my readings a disconcerting amount of the time

a clever youth, who is sharp, and skilled has characterized your youth
your love of analysis, and certainty united you with this person, and your love of insight, and understanding has united you both in the past

in the present, you are getting to know someone who may benefit you in the future
this person is a mentor, a guide, and a possible benefactor
they are accomplished, and confident in their life path, and decisions
they have been shrewd and sagacious in their path through life, and are now reaping the abundant rewards of past toils
they may want to pass some of their wisdom, and experience on to you
you may find them supportive, but perhaps a bit reserved in that they normally wait for you to ask for assistance, rather than offer it themselves

in the future, you will have a period of emotional contentment
you will have luck attending your affairs, and may see the choices of the past start to pay dividends
fortune will smile on you, as you move forward in life, and reap new rewards

Lindsey O. Graham has issued a correction as of 07:31 on Jul 29, 2017

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

- The Chief

in ma grief, i have been avoidin' this site
in other news, i have had a persistent sinus infection also, and migraines

i am jus' not feelin maself lately

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
thank u for ur service to this country, god bless

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

- The Chief

Sorgrid posted:

I'm going through some rough stuff with my family lately, would the cards and your mighty skills kindly give me insight on what to do / what's going on / what's gonna happen next?
P.S.: how come you're not the majority whip with that kind of advantage over your fellow senators?

we will start with the p.s.

being majority whip is too much work for a barely functional alcoholic

being prez is easier, because no one expects results

in the past, you suffered a large schism in your personal life
you had a break with old norms, and old structures in your life
as the structures around you began to fall, you began to learn new habits, and find new coping skills, as the world you knew, fell apart around you

you have attempted to make sense of it, with all of the force, and focus of your intellect, yet you remain uncertain about where to go from here
your unique cleverness will lead you through the wreckage, and provide unparalleled insight, so that you may buy valuable time in making the right choices, right in the knick of time

in the future, you run the risk of uncertainty that is largely based on low self confidence
it's this uncertainty that will provide confusion, delay, and insecurity in your inner world
it is important at that point to reject defeat, and confusion while engaging in repeated, emphatic, and positive self talk
this state of mind can isolate you, subvert reality, drain you of optimism, and retard progress as you are cornered by insecurity, and self loathing
these feelings will not serve you, and it will be important to step outside of your usual perspective to free yourself from the bonds of anxiety
this journey is key now as you head from the past into a future that may offer you what you want, even as you balk at that possibility

Lindsey O. Graham has issued a correction as of 10:22 on Jul 29, 2017

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

- The Chief

Triangle Shirt Factotum posted:

Haha, I have to move to Dallas Tx come this time next year, and I'll take a Tarot reading on my job hunt returning to the city where I went to school.

you will be working with a group on shared goals
you will likely not stand out, but will be a supportive presence in general
you will be working towards a shared objective as you provide needed assistance that will go quietly unnoticed in your joint efforts

afterwards, you will experience a fallow period as you follow a path that seems to be bathed in darkness
you will unconsciously make the better choices as you struggle to move forward with little information, and few insights
this time will be filled with uncertainty, and mysticism as you grow to adapt to what are in fact very different surroundings
what you may expect in your surroundings during this time will offer you new challenges as you realize,
things have changed
things will seem unfamiliar, strange, and mysterious, but even as these difficulties arise, you will find new ways to cope in what is essentially a brave new world

you will find inner wisdom, and insight as you find your way through uncharted territory
you will start to employ more, and more of your specific perspective while navigating through unfamiliar circumstances
you will find yourself making both the difficult, and the most beneficial decision as time informs your point of view
you will feel solitary, and peculiar in regards to the path you choose to take, but it will be informed by past experiences, specifically, the time you will have spent recently flying blind through life
it will appear to you as if you had started out with a plan, and a community, then you will experience uncertainty, and the murkiness of uninformed insights, and disordered plans
followed by a period of self possession, and strong willed efficacy

this is your coming of age, and your opportunity for lifelong change

Lindsey O. Graham has issued a correction as of 22:21 on Aug 2, 2017

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

- The Chief
bump so all concerned see their readin's

Sorgrid
May 1, 2007
So it goes.

I'm in awe, seriously.

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

may i have a reading for august?

The Dipshit
Dec 21, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

bump so all concerned see their readin's

Thanks!

EDIT: Huh, which cards did you draw? I don't see them.

The Dipshit has issued a correction as of 02:55 on Aug 2, 2017

Sixto Lezcano
Jul 11, 2007

if you're not sick or otherwise preoccupied, can you do a reading for me
today was a total gently caress and I could use some guidance

Also if you don't mind my asking; where did you learn tarot/get your deck? I'm really interested in learning tarot and maybe eventually illustrating my own deck, but there's so much stuff out there on it that i don't know where to start

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit

Sixto Lezcano posted:

if you're not sick or otherwise preoccupied, can you do a reading for me
today was a total gently caress and I could use some guidance

Also if you don't mind my asking; where did you learn tarot/get your deck? I'm really interested in learning tarot and maybe eventually illustrating my own deck, but there's so much stuff out there on it that i don't know where to start

its hard to go wrong with a rider waite deck for ur first deck, its pretty ubiquitous n well illustrated n then u can branch out from there

the best way to start learning imo is to just draw a card and meditate on it for a min or two n repeat until u get associated w the deck n start to see the patterns n relationships, think about what it means to u and more generally, etc. if u want to study it more formally @ that point g4i but dont start from other ppls ideas, the point of tarot isnt to 'get it right' but to use it it as a tool for meditation n reflection

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

- The Chief

Triangle Shirt Factotum posted:

Thanks!

EDIT: Huh, which cards did you draw? I don't see them.

i apologize for the mishap
i loaded the cards, but forgot to post them
they are shown above in your readin'

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

lindz i need a new reading

everything in my life went to poo poo and i need some new direction

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

- The Chief

may i have a reading for august?

For the month of August you will have a time of fertility, growth, and luck
you may be experiencing the beauty of life and the joys that come with that
take care to avoid flightiness and flitting from the thing as this card also suggests
the empress is acquisitive, curious, and luxuriates in her creature comforts
look for August to be a time of abundance and growing maturity as you uncover more of the leisurely pleasures of life

Lindsey O. Graham has issued a correction as of 01:12 on Aug 4, 2017

• Locked thread