Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

outlook.app is not bad because the mail and calendar are in once place

using calendar.app with an exchange server on an iphone is awful

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

COACHS SPORT BAR posted:

outlook 2016 status:

yeah it does that for me a lot too

microsoft makes bad software

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

wyoak posted:

Sharepoint is a terrible product and a testament to the power of salespeople and networking
hail capitalism

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

emoji posted:

Real question: why do people use local email clients at all? What benefit does it have over using google/outlook/fastmail web client where you never have to worry about things breaking or desyncing, ever?

because i need popup reminders to know when my next meeting is starting :grin:

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Shaggar posted:

gmail web mail is actually pretty loving awful and both outlook.com and 365 webmail are way better.

shagger was right

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

whomupclicklike posted:

I have to use Exchange for work so on my office computer I have a copy of Outlook 2010 for Mac and it's actually my favorite mail client ever. Thunderbird never played as nice with Exchange so I gave up on it quickly and used the Exchange web client if I was looking outside of work.
We recently moved from Exchange to Office 365 though so now the web client is absolute poo poo and it has reply all as the default reply option, which made me really embarrassed when I was sending out an email intended for just one person. I've hated it since. Thank god I can still use the Outlook 2010 desktop application.

I've used Claws Mail in the past and I recommend that to anyone who hasn't used it and doesn't like Thunderbird or Outlook.

o365 webmail is good

outlook 2011 is bad, upgrade to 2016

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

whomupclicklike posted:

As if I can get my department to purchase it for me.

what kind of poor person o365 subscription do you have, the latest office apps are included in the good ones

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

whomupclicklike posted:

I didn't look closely enough and it turns out that all of our staff has the new apps available to them.
On the other hand, I think switching the email clients will cause grumbles in my office.

outlook 2011 is terrible, go to 2016

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Shaggar posted:

Microsoft should add html5 push notifications to office 365 webmail

:yeah:

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

whomupclicklike posted:

But I like 2011

youre wrong

Adbot