Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Boiled Water posted:

whomever decided system critical programs should run through notes should be hung drawn and quartered

notes is actually really good at some things and it makes building apps pretty easy and fast. its way better than sharepoint for some of those things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

COACHS SPORT BAR posted:

outlook 2016 status:

i like that feature cause it makes me feel like I'm still using notes

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
gmail web mail is actually pretty loving awful and both outlook.com and 365 webmail are way better.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

DaTroof posted:

are either of them even slightly better than outlook on desktop, because if so i might have to give them a try

yeah they're both way better than the outlook desktop client which suffers from decades of bad ideas.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

gmail web client looks like it was designed by someone who likes mailing lists

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
win10 mail would be good if it weren't for all its tiny little bugs like it not understanding reply-to headers in some scenarios.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

jammyozzy posted:

I can deal with everything else wonky about Outlook but this pisses me off, especially when the exchange server is on the other side of the Atlantic and Outlook locks up for a good 30 seconds because I stopped typing for a moment and it's saving a draft.

That and having an unread message counter on the deleted items folder.

the unread counter on deleted is cause there are people who use the deleted items as a folder for storing things. in notes stuff gets dumped from the trash once it hits 48hrs old and outlook doesn't seem to ever delete stuff from trash so mine is huge. outlook is dumb

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
Microsoft should add html5 push notifications to office 365 webmail

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
its in edge

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

that's not up to date cause it is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
oh I'm talking about the notifications api

https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-edge/platform/catalog/?q=specName%3Anotifications

• Locked thread