Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

*says objectively true thing* "ok man" lmao

A.o.D. posted:

Odious as he is, his path to office is paved deeply by those that underestimated him.

or overestimated the american people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
The only way Donald Trump could be dumber is if he posted on a dead gay Internet forum.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

he uses a walking dead messaging service.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Imagine being so stupid

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Trump legitimately probably does not know how a bill becomes a law.

He also has about the same command of the English language as Jim Tomsula.

https://twitter.com/bobby/status/829016916979224576

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

I wanted to share a positive story with you guys, if I could.

When I was 12 years old my dad walked in from work with a surprise: season tickets for the Pats. This was '94 so Bledsoe was still a baby. I spent my entire teenage years freezing my pubescent balls off on Foxboro Stadium's steel benches, not even being able to see the scoreboard or replays because we sat under it. At the AFC Championship game in '96 dad made the offer to scalp the tickets and split the money with me, I could have easily had a grand at 14 years old. I said no and we watched in sub-zero degree weather as they won and he screamed "YOU WERE RIGHT!" at me for five straight minutes. Those Sundays were the greatest times of my life.

We eventually gave the tickets up because we were convinced the stadium in Connecticut was a done deal. Dad had lost his longtime job as well and we were cutting expenses. A year later they won the Super Bowl. I actually missed his high-five after the kick went though. I fell down face first on the carpet and sobbed while he ran laps around me with his arms in the air.

Fast forward almost 20 years and I will admit I'm a lapsed fan. I throw the games on in the background every week, don't pay much attention, read a couple articles, lurk TFF a little bit until the N/V thread gets to big to keep up with each week. Dad is a bit of a homer, I try to keep him grounded but sometimes fail, he's someone you guys would probably mock endlessly. But here's the thing: He's never been to Gilette. My Mom is a homebody and he's just never got the opportunity, and didn't think much about it. He's also in his mid 70s so sitting in the recliner screaming at the TV is his favored Sunday position.

He was in Florida last Sunday. He goes on a golf trip every year around Super Bowl time and watched the game at a friend's party. He called me afterward openly weeping with joy. He asked me to grab him a championship hat. I decided to do him one better.

Today I brought him to the Pro Shop at Gilette Stadium to get his hat and whatever else he wanted. After that he looked through the gates at the field. Then I ushered him into the elevator to the top of the Pats Hall of Fame. When we got off an attendant in front of a maze of rope said "Pictures with the trophy are through here."

Dad turned to me and said "What loving trophy?"

He was completely silent the whole time we were in line. He broke the rules and patted the football part of the Lombardi Trophy and the security guard kept his mouth shut, bless him. I have the picture that was taken of us with the trophy, which I won't post here. I'm a fat gently caress and I like my privacy, but Dad is beaming and looks awed. I love it.

We walked away and he said "We just got to touch the Lombardi trophy."

Yeah, we did.

"That was awesome."

Yeah, it was.

Then he put his arm around me and we walked through the Patriots Hall of Fame, and I was 16 again.

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

Groovelord Neato posted:

or overestimated the american people.

This is the correct answer.

fsif posted:

Trump legitimately probably does not know how a bill becomes a law.

This is also true, as evidenced by the debate where he pressed on about a single senator not changing a law.

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy
TFF> Posts about Trump go here

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY

Critical posted:

this owns

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Critical posted:

Giving me the feels.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

cravius posted:

TFF> Posts about Trump go here

this is billy and bobby and tommy's fault not ours.

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Groovelord Neato posted:

this is billy and bobby and tommy's fault not ours.

No its your mental illness not being able to handle it.

Gonna scare you here but brace yourself. There are lots of people on your favorite football team who voted for Trump. BOO!!!!

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

TrustmeImLegit posted:

Gonna scare you here but brace yourself. There are lots of people on your favorite football team who voted for Trump. BOO!!!!

And Gandhi hated the blacks. What's your point?

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

TrustmeImLegit posted:

like trump you don't know what words mean.

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Shut the gently caress up about the basketball with a drainclog stapled to it god drat

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

The ring of fire

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

what the gently caress

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot

best post in years

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

who deserves this av

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Is this Art Vandelay?

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

fartknocker posted:

Is this Art Vandelay?

Artey

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT

Critical posted:

I like this story.

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

Critical posted:

So awesome.

extendedsolo
Oct 14, 2005

Yes, this is going to hurt.

This is great. I literally do not give a gently caress that you were happy about a team winning. I'm glad you got to spend so much time with your dad because of the winning.

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

Thanks guys. :unsmith:

I've been trying to drag him to one last game but he's a stubborn old fart and thinks it's too expensive (it is) and easier to watch in HD (it is) but I think I cracked him today. I'm going to try like hell to get tickets to the home opener without bankrupting myself and then he can watch games from his recliner in perpetuity for all I care.

And for those who did not ever have the pleasure of visiting Foxboro Stadium, it was an utter shithole. Parking lot turned to mud when the dew point rose even a little bit. Plumbing was sub standard so you were making GBS threads in porta potties just outside the bathrooms. Only stadium in America where you could rent the back of your seat for just $3 a game. (We bought our own.) The pro shop was a tent erected in the parking lot on game day. And after challenges were implemented we had to gauge whether the replay was good or not based on crowd reaction because we couldn't fuckin' see them since we sat under the only video board in the place.

But Matt Bahr kicked field goals directly at me for a few years and I almost caught one when it went over the net. I got to watch a guy pretend to buttfuck a blow up doll dressed like Dan Marino during a Dolphins game. And the entirety of section 12 sang Happy Birthday to me when the home opener was on my birthday, so it was the best place in the world for a few years.

I actually had this conversation with Dad today when were were looking at the other four (!!!) trophies.
Me: "Remember when the Falcons kicked the poo poo out of us on opening day one year?"
"Jesus, yes. What a slow death that season was."
"Would you have believed they would win five Goddamn Super Bowls since?"
"On that day if you told me they won one I would have told you to go gently caress yourself."

So for all you guys who swear at us every year, cause I loving would if I were in your shoes;
For the all the fans of the Browns, the Chargers, the Bengals, the Eagles, the Bills and et al who haven't won yet
Please, please keep hoping and keep being a fan. Cause I watched the Patriots go 1-15 Live and In Color. But when it happens it happens fast and it's loving unbelievable. And I hope you have someone to share it with when it does happen, because that's what keeps those memories alive.

It's kinda dusty in my place right now so I'm going back to lurking and laughing at the chat and N/V threads. Football is loving awesome.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Football is dumb

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Ehud posted:

Football is dumb

You're dumb, your coworker rules and death is certain

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

You're dumb, your coworker rules and death is certain

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Thanks for bringing us all together

That Which Squeaks
Aug 28, 2006

"Good. Use your aggressive feelings, boy. Let the hate flow through you."
-Bill Belichick
I'd just like to say HOLY loving poo poo

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
Andy Daldon better pray he never goes bald, yikes

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Well now I know what Hector Hammond would look like if he played for the Bengals.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

I have pretty much the same story as that guy except I originally lived in Hartford and my dad's health is so poo poo now that it's pretty much a foregone conclusion that he'll never get to see a live Pats game.

We did get season tickets to the UFLs Hartford Colonials in 2010. Even though the team finished last in the (4-team lol) league it remains the best time I ever had with dad. :unsmith:

I also ended up with an irrational soft spot for Josh McCown.

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

That's pretty cool though; never not go to minor leaguish events with dads imho

The minor league hockey in New England is loving bananas too, as those teams regularly lose all their good players to the majors so you get to see good play too

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

GonadTheBallbarian posted:

That's pretty cool though; never not go to minor leaguish events with dads imho

The minor league hockey in New England is loving bananas too, as those teams regularly lose all their good players to the majors so you get to see good play too

Minor league teams also have the best gimmick nights

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

There was one month like right before the LA Kings just signed half of the Manchester (NH) Monarchs to the active pro squad when my wife and I kept winning free tickets over and over.

I think we paid for two tickets at half off for a total of 10

Rooster Brooster
Mar 30, 2001

Maybe it doesn't really matter anymore.

fsif posted:

He also has about the same command of the English language as Jim Tomsula.

I'm trying to decide how much money I'd give up to get a gif of Donald Trump taking off a pair of "split down the middle" glasses ala Tomsula. I think... $40? Maybe $50. I'll start the GoFundMe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

You know where you are? You're in the suburbs, baby. You're gonna drive.

GonadTheBallbarian posted:

Can confirm

• Locked thread