Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blacktooth
Apr 13, 2007

Alaois posted:

So do you murder Dan Quinn or Kyle Shanahan for running that pass play there

Both, and Matt Ryan for completeness. Freeman should have been Super Bowl MVP. He was playing possessed.

Oddly, I am not devastated. I only picked the Falcons to go 9-7 at best. Oh well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blacktooth
Apr 13, 2007

Silly Burrito posted:

Just realized by the graphic that the Falcons gave up 31 unanswered points.

That's mindblowing. :psyduck:

Anyone that has watched Atlanta throughout the season couldn't be terribly surprised by the defense. The complete breakdown of the offense is mind boggling. The Patriots defense played well, but it was an uncharacteristic shitshow on all fronts (except Julio and Freeman).

Blacktooth
Apr 13, 2007

FuzzySkinner posted:

Did Belichick take away one or two of his weapons like he's akin to doing?

I'm trying to remember a strategy he employed with the Bills when he was with the Giants, but I believe it was something similar.

Ultimately, they did what everyone said they had to do. They kept Atlanta's offense off the field. After that, it was a sack/fumble and a bizarre chain of events starting with the Falcon's headsets and mics going out, and ending with a 4th and 33 out of field goal range. By that time, the Falcon's defense had been on the field for so long, had been playing out of their minds all game, and probably thought (rightly so) that the offense should come through at some point. Of all of the outcomes I don't think anyone could see that offense shooting themselves in the foot/head that way. Well, except for us long suffering Falcons fans.

Blacktooth
Apr 13, 2007

Abugadu posted:

I think my jaw was open for a few seconds when Freeman lined up directly across from Ninkovich or whoever got that strip sack, never moved his feet or made a move at him when he blitzed, and then half-assedly turned around like 'oh yeah i need to block or something' a few seconds late. It was like high-school level bad.

I am 90% certain that was a blown audible/blocking assignment problem, and not Freeman's fault. The o-line should have shifted right, and it would have been Freeman's job to pick up an extra coming from the weak side. That is why he is looking that way. If no one comes, Freeman would release out into the flat that was just vacated by the tight end Hooper (who was absolutely mugged on that play for at least 10 yards down the field). He doesn't see anyone extra coming on the weakside, turns to release, and catches Hightower at the last second. Too late.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x82XxhYZXzY

Blacktooth fucked around with this message at 13:24 on Feb 6, 2017

Blacktooth
Apr 13, 2007

go go go go ROSCOE! posted:

I actually want Brady to keep playing until he is Trent Dilfer levels of bad

One more year at best. 40+ sucks. Your head is still in it, but your legs are off somewhere else.

• Locked thread