Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Sup Falcons fans! Welcome, welcome. Got room in the "choked to the Pats" club right here. "Shoulda run the ball," right? Yeah, get used to hearing that.

Don't worry. It get easier to deal with eventually.

no it doesn't

Much love,

Seahawks Fans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
"northern hicks"

Anyway,

https://twitter.com/KenJennings/status/828450101391618048

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

The clock is still ticking and he is at the 2 minute warning of his career, and there's literally nothing than can defeat old age

Maybe someday the AFC will send someone other than the same four loving teams every year.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

sonicice posted:

remember that guy who bet a million on the falcons

They didn't even cover

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

When the NFC starts beating the Patriots they can start talking poo poo, I guess

Not poo poo talking, just bored.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Crazyweasel posted:

Next year's Panthers imo

For real losing Shanahan is a pretty big blow. Not like they were a great regular season team either, everyone else just kinda collapsed around them.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Hell, they won't even let me gently caress the Pats

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Groovelord Neato posted:

kearse's catch is actually the best ever.

Lost...to history...

I mean I'm a Hawks fan but you've kinda gotta be on the winning team to have a best ever catch else it'll just be forgotten.

Sorry, I don't make the rules.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

FizFashizzle posted:

Right before that Coleman went out.

Freeman is of the jimmy graham school of blocking.

Jimmy Graham blocks now, it just turns out it's kind of a waste of Jimmy Graham to use him for that.

This SB was objectively not as good as XLIX, and I say that as a Seahawks fan. That game had punches and counterpunches, some crazy swings down the stretch. This had the Pats playing like hot trash for three quarters and then the Falcons making GBS threads it all away in a fashion that was totally predictable depressingly early in the comeback.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Rabid Snake posted:

Worse choke job?

Warriors and the Indians blowing a 3-1 lead in the finals/world series?

Or blowing a 25 point lead in the super bowl in the second half?

My instinct is to say Warriors was worse because they were the best team in the NBA that season, that one really feels like 18-1. However, you could make a strong argument for SBLI, because the Falcons had victory entirely under their own control--two runs up the gut and a FG seals the game, and they pissed it away getting cute.

I'd put Cleveland below those two because the Cubs were the favorite in the series and it was reasonably foreseeable that the Indians could fold due to their lack of depth at starting pitcher.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Akileese posted:

I'd say Falcons was worse than the Warriors.

I think I agree with this. The Warriors series loss took more work, but I can't remember any particular point where the Cavs were wholly within the Warriors' power and had almost no sway in whether they were able to win. The Pats were absolutely hosed after that Julio catch, literally any points puts it out of reach. Two runs and what is basically an extra point (although you know the Pats would try to leap the line) and the Falcons take it. A lot can happen in one game, but the Falcons had this one by the balls and let it slip away.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

If Elway, Brees or Rodgers had pulled off that comeback, not one of you would be placing the onus entirely on the Falcons' ineptitude.

Tom Brady willed his team to that win. If he hadn't done nearly the same exact thing in last year's AFCCG, and also in SB 49, then maybe you could make the argument that this was the Falcons' fault, but this is what the greatest athletes do

What? Yes, of course I would. That's why I think this is a bigger choke than the Warriors. The Falcons were in a position where it didn't matter how good the opposing QB was, they could have won regardless. And they hosed it up!

Brady could be a satanic cyborg guided missile murder machine and he still probably couldn't come back from 11 down with 3:30 left and no timeouts. It would have taken a successful onside for one thing, which the Pats already showed wasn't likely.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

axeil posted:

So bigger question, which comeback is more absurd, this or the one the Seahawks pulled off against the Packers in the NFCCG?

I think the Packers gently caress-ups were way worse overall but you gotta give some major credit to going from "in game winning FG range" to "4th and 33". I mean, god drat that was bad.

Yeah, that's the closest thing I can compare this to. I'm a huge Seahawks fan, but they don't win that game without massive fuckups in both strategy and execution on the Packers' end.

That one was really really bad. There were a couple of spots where the Pack could have sealed it if they hadn't been so conservative. And they had that missed onside recovery, plus some ri-di-cu-lous Russell Wilson bullshit plays like that two point conversion.

I'd say tie goes to Falcons/Pats though, simply because it was the drat Super Bowl. Not to mention that the Seahawks and Packers had both recently won rings, while Atlanta... whew, what a brutal loss.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
All billionaires are bad hth

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

TBeats posted:

He came back from 25 down in 18 minutes in the Super Bowl.

That's amazing, he just walked on in the 4th quarter with a blank slate and won the game? Who did he replace at QB for them to be losing 28-3? It was Brissett, right? He must have been pretty bad to let the Falcons D score more than he did in 3 quarters. Boy must he be embarrassed! Luckily Brady was around to step in and also to tell Shanahan not to run the ball so he had time to come back.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Groovelord Neato posted:

the falcons were only in the position they were cuz brady did actually play like poo poo for a half or so.

Not to mention how thoroughly unimpressive it is for his offense to score 28 points against the Falcons D in regulation. That puts him in this season's luminous company of Winston (twice), Brees (twice), Newton, Rivers, Rodgers, and Carr (the Chiefs also scored 29 but one was a Berry pick six).

Brady was so horrible in the first 3 quarters that he had to do it all in the 4th, and even then he had to rely on the Falcons loving up every facet of the game to come back.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

SHOAH NUFF posted:

I'm not even a Falcons fan and I still keep thinking about it......

It's almost unbelievable. And of course Pats fans (and I guess the Pats themselves) are acting like their team just steamrolled their competition when they were completely dead to rights. That game was over and the Falcons let them off the hook.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
What just happened

Anyway, can we all laugh again about Blair Walsh entering immersion style therapy by joining the Seahawks

Guess that's one way to try to live it down

• Locked thread