Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
I think the biggest thing about that game is that it never really felt like Atlanta was in control of it. Like, they got up early and they pressured Brady, but - like what every stupid team does against them - is that they didn't keep their foot on the Patriots' throat. I know the Falcons' D is going to get much of the blame for it, and yes, they wore down with some horseshit attempts at tackling. But the Falcons' total inability to execute on offense in the fourth quarter, especially when they lost 33 yards holy poo poo what are you imbeciles doing pretty much let the Patriots come back and win the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013

Volkerball posted:

no it's not you dumb poo poo

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013

mastershakeman posted:

I legit don't understand how the team's flipped around so badly. the pats had like 88 plays and I think the falcons less than 50

The Falcons offense basically couldn't stay on the field for a lot of the second half, and especially in the fourth. Again, you beat the Pats by keeping the foot on their necks, which means moving the ball and scoring at a consistent clip. The Falcons' O basically forgot to play in the 4th quarter. And their defense, while fast & atheletic, got worn down heavily by being on the field for most of the second half - they were whiffing on tackles badly at the end, which is how the Pats basically waltzed into the endzone in OT.

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013

buddhanc posted:

Is it too much to ask to not have the pats or Bama in the champeenship next year?

Yes.

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
Favre only had something like 4 or 5 400+ yard games in his career, which is nuts considering how long he played.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
there's a reason why blitz pickup is one of the most important tasks that an RB can do.

• Locked thread