Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Kirios posted:

The ending of Pittsburgh and New England was the most scripted ending.

You'd think they would try to hide it more!

Unironically this.
They don't even try to pretend to hide the pro-Patriots bias.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Chris James 2 posted:

Bold move to use the same script two Pats games in a row, thinking nobody would notice

Why deviate from the script if you're gonna keep getting away with it?

Pats fans are too busy jacking off to the sound of themselves screaming "GOAT! GOAT!", and normal fans are powerless to do anything about it other than post memes.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Kirios posted:

There's no way a team lead by Blake Bortles makes it to the AFC Championship game without the NFL being heavily scripted.

It makes sense. I mean, if the Steelers had won today, then next week would be another case of "Pats are handed the game on a platter made of blatantly rigged calls."

But, by giving the jobber team the upset today, no one will be surprised when the Pats win.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Chris James 2 posted:

gently caress the script and ban that guy who thought the script changed

Second.
God dammit, I wanted to believe so badly that the Pats could lose.
:negative:

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Android Apocalypse posted:

9/11 is what did it. America was reeling from the attacks & a team literally named the Patriots seemed like the right team to have be the new storyline the country could root for. Hell, they entered New Orleans as a team instead of individually like the Rams did.

This is absolutely the case though.
I knew that was exactly what they were going for when friends of mine who didn't even like or watch football (or any sport) were posting in their Livejournals about how a team called the Patriots winning was some sort of poetic catharsis that helped set their own hearts at ease.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

So, how badly do you think the Eagles will have to job to Brady?

Do you think they'll be allowed to put points on the board only to lose to another miraculous comeback at the last possible minute, or will it be a total squash match from beginning to end?

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

:bahgawd:
PATRIOTS LOSE! PATRIOTS LOSE!
Who hosed up and handed out the wrong script!?

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

weekly font posted:

Collinsworth went full on heel commentator during that game

I don't know who is who, but yeah, one of those commentators seemed PISSED that the refs didn't overturn that last Eagles TD.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Nah, I suspect this is still according to script, now that I've given it some :tinfoil: thought.

Think about it. Who is a big Patriots fan?
Donald Trump.

Who pissed off the NFL by running his mouth about the anthem protests?
Donald Trump.

What better way to retaliate than by unrigging the biggest game of the year, when everyone was assured it would be a shoe-in for them?

• Locked thread